Voters
342. This poll is closed
  • The Auction House is Fine

178 52.05%
  • The Auction House is Horrible

164 47.95%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If they allow me to order items at AH by the stats that I used in the filter, compare the damage/HP/protection that I'll get/lose if I equip the item and STOP listing those damn sold items I'd call it a perfect AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I'm not too happy with it at all right now. I think it needs a major overhaul

Quote Originally Posted by bloody251 View Post
    If they allow me to order items at AH by the stats that I used in the filter, compare the damage/HP/protection that I'll get/lose if I equip the item and STOP listing those damn sold items I'd call it a perfect AH.
    They have to be careful how much information they offer the user though. It shouldn't let you "sort" by multiple stats at the same time because it would take too much of the thought away from the user.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    They have to be careful how much information they offer the user though. It shouldn't let you "sort" by multiple stats at the same time because it would take too much of the thought away from the user.
    Too much thought away from the user?

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Are you saying that the current system that we have now is awesome, having to look item by item through 46 pages? All I want is a new column for each filter that I choose and let me sort them. Thats all.

Yeah, that would be fine. I think adding a sort column for all 3 of the stats would probably add too much unnecessary clutter though, just 1 column for the first stat would be fine.

What I mean was it should allow to sort by a stat, but not by multiple stats at the same time. Ex: If they implemented a "+ damage" column and allowed you to sort the results by how big of a damage upgrade they were over your currently equipped piece.

That said, that's just my opinion and I could see that some people would disagree.

Deleted
    Very badly designed imo. Needs more lines for filtering, needs min AND max values, needs more than 3 characters limit (what about 1000+ values ?) etc...

Yeah, the 3 character limit on those text boxes is pretty silly. Especially when you realize that the Movement Speed filter uses decimal values and the only remotely useful number you can input is "0.1".

Auction house is fine. Found everything I want and sold all my items. Made well over 1M gold easily.

Yesterday I lost about 600k to the AH monster. Never got any of my items, blizzard wont give me my gold back. It's beyond broken at the moment.

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðuracell View Post
    Yesterday I lost about 600k to the AH monster. Never got any of my items, blizzard wont give me my gold back. It's beyond broken at the moment.
    I bought a staff yesterday, got a "Time out", and tried to buy it again only to get some error-message, so i bought another staff which went just fine, and i got it straight away.
    This morning when i logged in, i had that first staff i tried to buy available to send to stash.
    Maybe wait minutes-hours before actually saying its "beyond broken"? Because it could be the exact same thing that happend to me, and you will get the items soon enough.

There have been some problems with the AH server, but when it is up and running, i find it to be waaaaaay better than the WoW AH.

Aside from it being brought down for maintenance and how hard it is to win a bid war, I love the AH. I can fine tune a search to include 3 primary stats and their minimum values? Yes please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Search with buyout set for 100k, see list of items. Search again ONLY changing buyout to 200k, items magically disappear from the list. Change ONLY buyout back to 100k, items magically reappear.

Can't search for +all damage on OH items.

Can't sort by bid. Can't sort by time remaining.

No bid/bo history for expired auctions.

When an auction does sell, only name is displayed. I want to know what the item/stats were for future reference.

AH is a PoS.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-05-28 at 03:26 PM.

Apart from the fact that it keeps breaking when trying to list more then 2 items in a row, meh.
    I dont like the recipe interface, gear list is okish altho i'd rather have em add 'doesnt have stat x' as a term or something to filter out more stuff.
    Crafting mats feel rather redundant since there i no way (that i know of atleast) to upgrade old mats into higher tiered once.
    We can upgrade gems, let us upgrade craft stuff aswell.
    Even if the ratio's have to be extreme in order to not crash the inferno market.

Basically any craftmats not from inferno is a waste of time to sell, every half decent item will vendor for twice the current worth on the ah.
    Altho thats not really an AH issue.

Still think they could improve the search, let us drag our item and search for items within a range we can set per stat (lets say 10 int lower/higher etc) so we can determine an estimated worth quicker.
    Currently even if you list all 3 primary stats it takes looking through 20 pages of items before your remotely sure what yours is worth.
    Sure this will differ the higher/better items become but for the majority (end normal/starting nightmare) it takes a long while scanning over every single item.

Quote Originally Posted by winterfox72 View Post
    Does anyone Know if there are plans to revamp the AH. It is horrible. I am used to Auctioneer on WOW, but even without it I can use the default AH fine. But the Diablo AH is almost unusable. I have to search each item individually..and when I do I can't sort base on Bid or Buyout price. I dont get it. Am I just not understanding it or is it really that bad? It feels like they purposelly created an unusable piece of crap so we are forced to use the Real Money AH when it comes out.
    Yes you can sort based on bid and butout, you can sort ascending or descending by clicking on them.

You can also search for many more things than the default wow AH save for item name - but item names are random n Diablo so I don't know what you would gain from doing that - you can search for item sets and legendaries however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's mostly usable. It could be a lot better and a lot more stable.

Your poll is a retarded dichotomy between two extremes, so I'm not taking it.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

I think it is much more convenient than WoW auction. It is wonderful, and if your item worth selling, it will be sold, because of the awesome filters. And I can find the perfect item for me, if it is being sold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only "problem" I've come across is that it is slow as molasses when it's a busy day. I tried buying a red gem and had to try and retry several times, with 2 failed auction buys before I finally got my gem. That part should get fixed IMO, but the searching OP has a problem with is just silly. I can put in more variables then in any other game I've played, and I can find what I need very easily. You just have to take a few seconds to fill it in correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancerot View Post
    I bought a staff yesterday, got a "Time out", and tried to buy it again only to get some error-message, so i bought another staff which went just fine, and i got it straight away.
    This morning when i logged in, i had that first staff i tried to buy available to send to stash.
    Maybe wait minutes-hours before actually saying its "beyond broken"? Because it could be the exact same thing that happend to me, and you will get the items soon enough.

There have been some problems with the AH server, but when it is up and running, i find it to be waaaaaay better than the WoW AH.
    That was only the most recent occurrence. It has happened to me multiple times and i've always had the same outcome. The AH is fundamentally flawed, and it's obvious. Go to the tech forums and find out all of the shit that happens on the AH. 10 auction limit, can't cancel, 2 day wait on every auction, many, many, many errors on a daily basis, it's been brought down more than once to fix 'issues' that have left players without massive chunks of gold, and items.

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

I don't understand why it shows me sold items...just make them disappear already