Thread: Paladin in MoP

Deleted

Paladin in MoP

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about switching mains in MoP, i've plyaing as a mage for a few expansions now and i'm getting a bit tired of it, so i'm thinking switch to my pally in MoP. My question is, since i haven't got into the beta, i was hopping u guys could tell me how is paladin in Mop, what are the differences between MoP and Cata. I usually play as a Holy paladin but i would like to know about all three specs.

Best Regards,
    Sertrunku

PS: Sorry for the bad english, oh and no troll post please

Oh well i can only speak about Retri since I can't heal for shit and stopped tanking after about 4 years straight. What I have seen of the note shows that we get the 4 set as a basic meaning we will have a much more consistent income of HP as retri. Gone are the days where we would sit about twiddling our thumbs because we weren't at the magical haste rating needed for 3sec rotations. Next CS,DS and Judgement to my knowledge are shortened via haste meaning we will be haste stacking till doomsday. We finally have a ranged root which is great and can stock up our HP to 5 for some awesome spike. So far from what I have read we are looking good.

We may have lost some utility though with a smaller healing toolbox.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

For all three specs, the new baseline ability is to 'store' Holy Power. Right now it isn't on the UI, but we can now store Holy Power up to five, though no ability can use more than three HP at any one time. Very useful for all three specs, especially for Holy since you can build it up before a fight, and for Ret to fill in holes in the rotation.

Holy is mostly the same, with the spell Denounce taking the place of exorcism. The only real differences are going to be in talent selection. I honestly have a pretty difficult time making a choice on most of the tiers for Holy.

Ret currently gains HP from Crusader Strike, Judgement, Exorcism, Hammer of the Righteous (Originally only used by Protection), and Hammer of Wrath. CS, judgement, and HotR have a 6sec cooldown affected by haste. Single target and AoE rotations are now completely separate. You would use Crusader Strike for single target, with Templar's Verdict as the HP dump on single targets. HotR is used for multiple targets, with Divine Storm as its HP dump ability (costs three holy power to use, just like CS). So the rotation is much smoother, with less time spinning wheels. The only baseline proc now is Art of War which resets the cooldown on Exorcism (Instant case, baseline 15 second cooldown, reset on 20% of melee swings)

As for protection... we'll need a prot paladin in here to explain the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Luneward View Post
    Holy is mostly the same, with the spell Denounce taking the place of exorcism. The only real differences are going to be in talent selection. I honestly have a pretty difficult time making a choice on most of the tiers for Holy.
    Tbf AoE healing has been given another revamp.