10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Protection Warrior: My Concerns Please Help!

Hey Guys
    Im facing a couple of problems on my main he's a prot warrior and heres a few issues im having.
    1) Damage Output 2) How much Dodge and parry i should have 3) How much mastery needed 4) Prio/rotation 5) Reforging

Explaining problems
    1) My Damage output compared to other tanks is appaling (Yes i have good gear)
    I'm not exactly comparing to any specific class tank but i am with protection warriors
    My gear is normally over theirs but they still do a good 5k more dps than me, and i hear damage has to do with my threat so
    it would be nice if someone could explain me that (It's a main issue)
    2) im not sure what the avrage amount of dodge and parry is i should have before i head into mastery stacking etc
    so im stuck with a random amount of each with around 4% Between both (Again a valuable mistake i need help correcting)
    3) Regarding number 3 im not sure when to stop/start doing more mastery with my other stats and when i should start
    Stamina stacking so i can put up with some decent damage (Minor Issue but i'd still like help on it)
    4)and now the largest issue of the lot, my rotation really screws me in at the times when i need it, i need a good one
    for AoE and a good single target one mixed and simply for the sake of me not screwing over i have a limit to 7 rotation keybinds because my
    Hand - eye co-ordination isn't the best and i dont really like using the keyboard so my razer naga i limit myself to 7 buttons for a rotation/prio so i dont get confused
    5)My reforging is quite hard i've not been able to find a single website with what limits i should have on each stat, a bit annoying really :L so that would help a ton
    Since you see how much i've wrote im just an avrage player that needs some huge help so i would truly appreciate some help

Thanks a bunch
    WoW6000
    Armory link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...asher/advanced

Deleted
    Please fix the link.

Mastery>Dodge/Parry

If it has Mastery reforge the other stat to Dodge/parry w/e you have less of

If it doesn't have Mastery reforge out the non-avoidance stat or if it has parry and dodge reforge the one that will give you the most rating if they have the same rating then reforge the one you have more of.

The goal is to get as much mastery as you can while keeping Dodge/parry as close to equal as you can.

Copy this into a macro you can use...

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5))

That will put into your chat window your current CTC aka Combat Table Coverage at 102.4% you will either block or avoid all melee attacks you will never take a full attack again. Once you hit 102.4% you can ease back on mastery and toss into avoidance or sta.

Deleted
    1) Not sure what you're saying, warrior damage is lower than that of the other tanks, but if you're doing 5k less than other prot warriors then it could just be a threat/vengeance issue assuming you are using the correct rotation/spell priority. Always use your vigilance on the other tank so you can build up vengeance even if you don't have aggro.

2) mastery > parry > dodge. Post above mine explains the mastery thing quite well, although parry is stronger than dodge for warriors because of the "Hold the Line" talent assuming you're not tanking stuff where every bit of avoidance matters in which case parry and dodge should be kept as close as possible because of diminishing returns.

3) see post above mine

4) AOE: get rend up asap then thunderclap to spread (assuming you specced into blood and thunder which you should). Then just Shockwave and TC on cooldown fill the gaps with revenge > shield slam > devastate and cleave as rage allows

Single target: At pull i usually Shout and berserker rage then charge, get shield block up for a hard first shield slam to establish aggro then i get the necessary debuffs rolling (demo shout, tc, devastate) then just keep rend up and prioritize shield slam > revenge > devastate while heroic striking if rage allows.

5) Reforging for tanks is quite easy actually.
    In practice, this means you'll always reforge out of offensive stats like hit or expertise, and always reforge into mastery, or dodge/parry if there's already mastery on the item.
    quotes from the prot guide in this very forum

hope this helps

p.s. i'm quite dissatisfied with prot warrior single target dps myself, just seems like a lot more to do for a lot less reward (admittedly i'm only tanking heroics and lfr on my warrior so it's not like it matters but the damage still feels pretty underwhelming ...)

Deleted
    If you guys can be more specific on fights where you struggle with dps, im happy to help
    I've ranked pretty high for most fights in dragon soul hc, as prot warrior (10man)

---------- Post added 2012-05-28 at 11:38 AM ----------

Ehum, why did you create 2 threads ?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Prot-problems
    Wasnt enough ??

Not gonna bother copy paste my previous response..