Asus VG278H or Samsung S27B970 ?

Hii Guys,
    Samsung announced its 27" PLS 1440p Monitor during CES 2012 and it has already launched this monitor in some countries its coming to US next month.

http://www.samsung.com/se/consumer/c.../LS27B970DS/EN
    http://www.pcmonitors.org/news/samsu...l-from-samsung
    http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors...-35244106.html

The above are some of the links on new samsung monitor what impressed me about this monitor is that its PLS technology, 1440p resolution, 1 billion colors while all 1080p monitors have 16 million colors only, brightness and contrast in PLS is slightly sharper than IPS and more better those backlight monitors.

Also the downsides of this monitor is its 60hz, 5ms response time while Asus VG278H has 120hz and 2ms response time plus 3D lightboost technology.

If i get Samsung S27B970 Monitor im missing out fast response time, 120hz and 3d lightboost.

If i get Asus VG278H Monitor im missing out 1440p resolution, vibrant colors.

I will play FPS games mostly and some rts and mmo games.

Q1. Is 60hz and 5ms good enough for FPS games ?

Q2. What monitor should i get Asus VG278H or Samsung S27B970 ?

PS: 1. I have seen 3d movies only in theatre but have never seen or played movies and video games on 3dtv or 3d monitor so i dont know how 3d might look on 3d monitor.
    2. If u dont know much about this new Samsung monitor speak from the perspective of ips and pls monitors in general.

Thanks in advance for your info.

I don't think anyone is going to be qualified to talk about it until it has been released in the US for a month or two. PLS is supposed to be similar but slightly better than IPS. Do you have a strong enough GPU setup to play games at 1440p or 120hz? Do you care about viewing angles?

Some places like Best Buy have 3D glasses demos, I would go and try it out before you buy. The ASUS isn't super compared to other monitors, just has 120hz/3D.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I don't think anyone is going to be qualified to talk about it until it has been released in the US for a month or two. PLS is supposed to be similar but slightly better than IPS. Do you have a strong enough GPU setup to play games at 1440p or 120hz? Do you care about viewing angles?

Some places like Best Buy have 3D glasses demos, I would go and try it out before you buy. The ASUS isn't super compared to other monitors, just has 120hz/3D.
    People buy Asus monitor because of 3d vision and 120hz otherwise its not a superb monitor like u said im buying a pc next month with EVGA gtx 680 classified 4gb sli video cards they can even handle surround resolutions so 1440p wont be a problem.

Anyways thanks for your reply.

Personally I think 3d is nothing more than a gimmick in its current state. I own a 3d capable TV, but didn't bother to purchse the glasses to make it work.

I own an HP ZR2740w 27 inch IPS monitor and I wouldn't give it up for anything. It makes games much more playable. I also own a 28 inch 1080p monitor and I had three HP 2709m monitors running in eyefinity. I'll take the IPS over the others not even close. If you live near a place where you can check out an IPS monitor in person then I'd give it a gander just to know what the difference is. Keep in mind that IPS is expensive. I'm not sure how PLS will relate in terms of price, but IPS monitors are at least twice as much as the same size TN panels.