1H or 2H Weapon for a Wizard in Inferno?

I have almost 4 mil now, and I am looking to buy a more permanent weapon for my Wizard. My current build is usually some sort of variation of this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XSO!YXd!ccZaZY
    Obviously my question here is: Should I stick to a faster 1h + source, or go the route of a 2h weapon?

1hand and Source, preferably a source with a high damage threshold and at LEAST 100+ intel on it, as that combined with a good 1h weapon should beat out 2h.

plus faster attack speed etc
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

I currently have a 52-206, +74 int, +6.5% crit source

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely go for a 1h then
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    Definitely go for a 1h then
    Please share your thoughts about why "definitely" 1h. I'd like to see some calculations or examples.
    I play 2h atm and i strongly prefer a slow weapon because fast weapons eat up arcane power fast. As you can see in my build (act 2 inferno), i'm not even using a sig. spell. I don't need it because my attacks are slow (same dps compared to a fast weapon): eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#eRQXSO!ZYX!cbYaZY (not allowed to post links).
    Without +AP from crits (on items) this works for up to 1.3 attacks per second (estimation), meaning you can even stack +attack speed as long as your base weapon speed is 0.9 to 1.0.
    I tested a fast weapon but it wasn't worth it for me, since i needed an extra skill slot just because i coulnd't spam AP-spells all the time.

Obviously fast weapons are better if you want to proc something often. Slow weapons are better if you use cooldown skills or don't use a ressource generator.

Please let me know if i'm missing something.

Deleted
    Orb = 2Hand

Even if you would take Tap the Source (rune orb) you would run out of arcane power with something faster then ~1.0.

definitely 1h w/ offhand man. 2h's suck for us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by battledude View Post
    definitely 1h w/ offhand man. 2h's suck for us.
    Do you mind to elaborate?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpilot View Post
    Please share your thoughts about why "definitely" 1h. I'd like to see some calculations or examples.
    I play 2h atm and i strongly prefer a slow weapon because fast weapons eat up arcane power fast. As you can see in my build (act 2 inferno), i'm not even using a sig. spell. I don't need it because my attacks are slow (same dps compared to a fast weapon): eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#eRQXSO!ZYX!cbYaZY (not allowed to post links).
    Without +AP from crits (on items) this works for up to 1.3 attacks per second (estimation), meaning you can even stack +attack speed as long as your base weapon speed is 0.9 to 1.0.
    I tested a fast weapon but it wasn't worth it for me, since i needed an extra skill slot just because i coulnd't spam AP-spells all the time.

Obviously fast weapons are better if you want to proc something often. Slow weapons are better if you use cooldown skills or don't use a ressource generator.

I prefer the fast weapon, as more often than not i am kiting waiting on cooldowns, so I kite, kite kite, then when i have cooldown, turn around and unload, even if it goes through arcane power faster, it is still more beneficial because you want to do as much damage as possible in the few seconds where you can dps without getting fried, and you will regen a full bar of arcane while kiting, but i guess its a play style thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    I prefer the fast weapon, as more often than not i am kiting waiting on cooldowns, so I kite, kite kite, then when i have cooldown, turn around and unload, even if it goes through arcane power faster, it is still more beneficial because you want to do as much damage as possible in the few seconds where you can dps without getting fried, and you will regen a full bar of arcane while kiting, but i guess its a play style thing
    Thanks for the answer. The thing is: especially with kiting i see slow weapons to be much better. Lets take Arcane Orb for a good example: shoot, run, shoot, run, shoot, run. One shot deals more damage with slow weapons. In order to do the same amount of damage with a fast weapon, you would have to stand still longer (to shoot 2 orbs instead of one).

To add something that might mean something, or it might not: the first guy killing Diablo in inferno did use a 2h (43k dps). The Wiz in the first organized group killing him did too (49k dps).

I see movement speed as very important in any case, as well as teleport (fracture or wormhole).

Just bought me a nice DPS 0.9 APS Weapon, works even better than with what i had before (1.1 crossbow).

The main reason to use a 1H is if you plan on also using a decent shield with int/vit/all resist and a decent amount of armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    The main reason to use a 1H is if you plan on also using a decent shield with int/vit/all resist and a decent amount of armor.
    I have a question what your thoughts for wizard should I used a good shield or a source in the offhand?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpilot View Post

Well you already mentioned why you should be using a two-handed weapon but MrMog64 on the other hand has two skills that are affected by speed and only uses one that costs arcane power so it's really about 50/50 and personal choice to either go for damage or attack speed.

Deleted
    If you want to use orb you need a slow 2handed weapon and crit, crit, crit

If you want to play with hydra, blizzard and shockpulse you need high attackspeed, i.e. 1h + source

P.s. Never ever use a shield in offhand. There are other better ways to get resistances... Weapon-DPS > all

---------- Post added 2012-05-30 at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Well you already mentioned why you should be using a two-handed weapon but MrMog64 on the other hand has two skills that are affected by speed and only uses one that costs arcane power so it's really about 50/50 and personal choice to either go for damage or attack speed.
    No you are either a hard-hitter or a fast-hitter... do not mix up things... this does not work. in Act 3 and 4 inferno in a good grp you should play hard hitter with archon.

Deleted
    2-handers are op for a Wiz. I'm only 58, but have 20k dmg. Plus Hydra does not benefit from a faster weapen, atleast not much. Blizzard does not. Orbs hit so insanely hard. And if you use beams, you cant really tell the difference (1-handers tick faster, drains your AP faster while 2-handers tick slower, hit for more, and doesn't drain you AP fast)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramanie View Post
    2-handers are op for a Wiz. I'm only 58, but have 20k dmg. Plus Hydra does not benefit from a faster weapen, atleast not much. Blizzard does not. Orbs hit so insanely hard. And if you use beams, you cant really tell the difference (1-handers tick faster, drains your AP faster while 2-handers tick slower, hit for more, and doesn't drain you AP fast)
    That is my experience... although i heared that hydra is in fact influenced by attack speed, which makes it not-that-bad with fast weapons, yet not better than with 2h.

I guess we will see how it looks like once the best of best gear is available.

In inferno act 3 or 4 a really fast 1h + source is a LOT better than a 2-hander. It just makes kiting easier and also lets you get some extra stats like int or vitality. The main reason why 2-hander isn't that great is the slow casting animation which makes dodging those fireballs, arrows etc. much more difficult than it should be.