Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How To Farm Act4 Inferno without beating Act1

This is assuming you have defeated Diablo on Hell difficulty. Blizzard should be fixing this right away, but they're not, so far. So instead, only a few players are taking advantage of everyone else with a monopoly on Inferno gear.

Join the act/quest you want on Hell difficulty.
    Leave the game.
    Click "Public Games" and join the act/quest.
    You can now leave the public game and have access to that act/quest until you change it.

It doesn't matter that everything will one shot you and you probably don't do enough damage to kill anything, because while you're dead, Tyreal will kill things for you.

What Wizards have been doing:
    Take The Crystal Colonnade waypoint and zone into Gateway to the Crystal Spire. There you will find Leah's ghost, talk to her and it will spawn Aspect of Terror mini-boss who will likely one-shot you. Since Blizzard will continue casting and dealing damage while you're dead, you want to continuously cast Blizzard on yourself, so while you're dead, Blizzard will keep taking away his health. You will die several times doing this before he dies. Once the Aspect of Terror is dead, cross the bridge and zone into The Silver Spire Level 1 where there is another ghost. The mini-boss that spawns here is much easier because unlike Aspect of Terror, Tyreal will solo this mini-boss while you're dead.

Of course, you can skip doing Aspect of Terror because the rez timer becomes time consuming. Just use Teleport with Wormhole glyph to bypass the little creepers that spawn on the bridge, or die and have Tyreal kill them.

You can now have access to Inferno loot and 900+ dps weapons. You may not get a good weapon every time. People who want to cover up this exploit will tell you that only 300 dps weapons drop. Yes they can, but so can 900+ dps weapons. Farm it up!

10+ Year Old Account
    blasted wizards!

That sounds like alot of work/deaths for something thats obviously not intended and will likely be fixed+banned within a few days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    blasted wizards!
    Anyone can do this. Infact theres a big thread about it on Diablofans too but with a slight variation :- http://www.diablofans.com/topic/4472...ferno-weapons/

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    That sounds like alot of work/deaths for something thats obviously not intended and will likely be fixed+banned within a few days.
    Nah. You can skip the first mini-boss since he can be time consuming for some players. The mini-boss after him is very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Yeah well you gotta do what you gotta do, when act 1 requires act 4 loot to get passed. For a monk at least

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently, is the best way to farm act 4 inferno gear. I've been doing this with a 4 person group with one of our guys stacking magic find. We kill the two bosses in about 5 minutes and get 4-6 blues and sometimes a rare a run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

If your plan is to just die and let Tyreal kill stuff for you, you would be much better off teleporting to the 1st garden waypoint and farming the pots/chests/weapon racks. Once they are all gone just leave the game and then hit resume. Rinse and repeat. If you don't venture down the stairs you can usually avoid having to fight stuff.

Wizards?

Farming A4 aspects as a monk and DH is so much easier.

A monk in mediocre gear can blow up Aspect of Terror within the monk's serenity / blind timer, not dying at all. 2nd miniboss is even easier.

Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    Currently, is the best way to farm act 4 inferno gear.
    No it's not. But for any content that is unavailable for people who can't manually clear there, this is the best spot, and highly recommended. However, from own experience, it isn't the best spot, period.

And at what OP describes, awesome way to rush for a Diablo inferno fight (if that's possible?) if you don't think you have it in you to get there on your own once this is fixed. Go try it out with your friends. You know, for the lulz and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    Currently, is the best way to farm act 4 inferno gear. I've been doing this with a 4 person group with one of our guys stacking magic find. We kill the two bosses in about 5 minutes and get 4-6 blues and sometimes a rare a run.
    you do know that MF splits in a group so if only one person has 200% and the other 3 have none then it will divide 50% to all the party so you only have 50% in total.

The bosses heal every second for like 150k, you have to be alive for him to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    The bosses heal every second for like 150k, you have to be alive for him to die.
    thats a lie u can just afk farm him with tyrael and MF gear on.. he dies in like 20s from tyrael alone

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone confirm if this has been nerfed or not? Ive only gotten a 1 handed crossbow 777.6 dmg, strange tho that Ive only gotten 1 yellow with 186% magic find.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-05-28 at 10:57 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    This is such an incredibly obvious exploit that you really can only blame yourself if blizzard decides to grab the banhammer. I hope they do for those that exploit it in this way.

Blizzard said - they don't mind some boosting in D3's gameplay. Also it is not like you will enter Act 4 and 900 dps weapons will rain on you.

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 02:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harmloos View Post
    This is such an incredibly obvious exploit that you really can only blame yourself if blizzard decides to grab the banhammer. I hope they do for those that exploit it in this way.
    They better fix Act 1 drops. Mobs dropping lv54-57 blues with "+exp" bonuses on them and 2-4 shotting you as melee - becomes very boring very fast.

Deleted
    Eh, I'd rather just play with the spec/char I enjoy on the difficulty I can compete in, rather than sit there dead/popcorning Tyrael taking in 0 gaming. But that's just me.

Deleted
    Only a few players? Man, loads of people have been farming act 4 the last week

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Yeah well you gotta do what you gotta do, when act 1 requires act 4 loot to get passed. For a monk at least
    I don't know what to say but "lol."

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

i realy hope they fix bosslot from act 1 i mean i killed butcher on inferno with 5 stack buff and got only one rare 4 lvl 57 with int and str -.-
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}