Blue Items Getting Nerfed Soon?

The Game Design Update if you haven't already read it: http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-trac...design-update/
    One problem we’ve seen -- and intend to correct quickly -- is players comparing high-level Magic (blue) items to lower-level Legendary items as “proof” of an imbalance. To help correct misconceptions of the actual stat budgets allocated to items, we’ll be exposing item levels (ilvl) of 60+ items in patch 1.0.3. Comparing an ilvl 63 blue to an ilvl 60 Legendary will hopefully make a bit more sense afterward. In addition, we’re planning to just straight-out buff Legendary items in a future patch, likely the PvP patch (1.1).
    Does this mean its worthless to buy good blue items now because they will receive nerfs across the board? or are they just buffing legendaries?

Deleted
    neither. they are increasing the 'item level' of blues so that they are listed as a higher tier weapon. basically the same as what WoW uses.

How do you read "We're going to buff legendaries" and get "We're going to nerf blues"? Buffs don't work that way.

nothing is gettign nerfed. they are just showing what the ilvl is so you can compare

I don't play, but the post is pretty clear that they won't be changing ANYTHING for now, except for showing the item levels of things, so comparisons can be made more easily. Then, in 1.1, they'll be buffing legionaries.

oh i see, i guess i just read it wrong

They will be showing information that was already internally accurate: the item levels of items above 60. They are also buffing legendaries. The latter is the only actual change in item power.

Deleted
    How it works is that every act you progress in inferno has a chance to drop a higher "tier" of items, which is 1 extra ilevel.

So in act 1 for example, only max level 60 items can drop. In act 2, max level 61, act 3, 62, and act 4, 63. At the moment they are all displaying level 60 and not showing the internal ilevel. This is causing some confusion between people who are not understanding why one level 60 rare, is actually worse for them, than a level 60 blue. It's because that blue is level 62 or 63. The blue change, is purely to show this internal ilevel that already existed for stat calculation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotice View Post
    How do you read "We're going to buff legendaries" and get "We're going to nerf blues"? Buffs don't work that way.
    Because that's exactly the community's mentality in general and why the offical forums are not a nice place to be. People like to interperate positves as negatives.