Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Butcher - Inferno - Demon Hunter

I am so pissed off right now. So pissed off.

First off: Defensive stats are completely irrelevant for the DH, since he dies pretty quickly anyway. So you go for max dps and max kiting. So far it worked tremendously fine.. Some rares were very hard or close to impossible, but the rest of inferno is not too hard so far.

Alright, I get down to the butcher, dps him, dodge everything and then he sends out his mass chains, which to anticipate is very very hard. The chaines killed me instantly. 3k overkill or stuff like that. I was like wtf.. Alright, since me gear does not allow me to just burst him away, I tried a smokebomb/prep combo. It is insane to dodge those chains with a 1,5 sec smokebomb (with 3 sec, it would be soooooooooo faceroll). But I managed to do it every time until he was down to like 10%. And suddenly EVERY one of the fires started burning. The whole platform was on fire. Every single piece. It was IMPOSSIBLE to survive there (one tick = death -.-).

Okay I thought, bad luck.. I tried it again and fucked up the mass chains smokebomb and didn't want to retry the butcher with me being onehittet by the chains. So I changed my gear, took a one hand crossbow, a shield, like 6k more hp and the chains didn't onehit me anymore. Easy, I thought.. I just have to keep doing this. My dmg was completely gimped, however, so it took a very long time to get him low. And then.. Again, the whole fucking platform was burning with NO CHANCE to get to a save spot. There simply was none.

I thought "righty, bad luck again". So I retried the butcher. 5 times. When he was near death, EVERY fucking paltform started to burn in every single try.

I just don't know what to do anymore... I used elemental arrow with the nether glyph plus hungering arrow in order to be able to hit the butcher without seeing him. I just have no clue how to beat that guy. If I go in to deal some dmg, I am a onehit by the mass chains and need to concentrate like crazy to not mess up smokebomb which just is randomly hard. Sometimes it's no biggie, but sometimes in combination with fire and stuff like that it's really hard and I need to watch my discipline like crazy. It's incredibly hard, not impossible, but potentially driving you crazy. The other option is wearing survival gear, which lets the fight become very long, but pretty easy. If it weren't for the platform which just burns like crazy during the end.

Could someone plz explain to me, how to beat the butcher, if you have no uber gear?

There is the chains and the burning platform. Latter one really made me punch my desk.. Everything burning.. I killed the butcher with my barb many many times in inferno. No real problem for my barb (act 2, however, is.. that's why I have a demon hunter on 60 as second char now -.-), since he ain't a sissy who dies when looked at. And never.. Really, never ever did the whole platform burn when I was down there with my barb. Never. I don't know what this is.

It takes me like 5 minutes to get him low with my dh in survival gear, so it can't actually be some kind of enrage, can it? 5 min?

I soloed everything with my dh, from the scratch. I learned the class and I didn't get any items from the auction house. I managed to kill everything so far. But I am just clueless now regarding the butcher. Esp since I want to be able to kill him without having to respec to a butcher kill only build. Killing the butcher means for me that you kill him with 5 stacks nephalem buff. And not none. If my buff hadn't expired during my tries, I would not have respecced. So, if some people come up with skill suggestions, please remember that the build is supposed to be also viable for inferno rares.

Thanks in advance, I cooled off a bit during writing. Really got furious during my tries...
    Last edited by JayJay09; 2012-05-28 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    Obviously the enrage timer and the fact that you 100% have shitty shitty gear. Not buying anything from AH? If you are not the luckiest person in the world you will have shitty gear if you don't get anything from AH.
    Gear up mate. Aint that hard

I killed him in under 1min 30 secs with 30k dps.

Inferno Butcher has a very short enrage to ensure that you are ready for act 2. Act 2 is way harder than Act 1, and they're trying to get you used to farming the Act for gear, like you will have to do for every Act in Inferno.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

I have Inferno Butcher on farm with my Demon Hunter (farming gold + resist all/physical resist for Belial atm, phase 1 adds wreck me).

Preparation: Backup Plan
    Smoke Screen: Lingering Fog
    Marked for Death: Mortal Enemy
    Caltrops: Jagged Spikes
    Cluster Arrow: Cluster Bombs
    Grenades: Gas Grenades

Passives
    Steady Aim
    Grenadier
    Archery (with a regular bow)

The only thing that I don't use regularly on the Butcher is the Caltrops, those are for slowing elite packs (and at this point do 7k a tick with my damage). If you use this setup and still cannot kill the Butcher before the enrage, then you are undergeared and/or not playing it properly. He uses the chain aoe reliably, so then the fight becomes a battle of positioning and burst dps.
    Last edited by Yizelin; 2012-05-28 at 07:14 PM.
    But then again, I am a Snowman on Fire!
    Yizelin the Insane

Can't survive the chains and you can't beat enrage, your gear sucks obviously.
    Last edited by Mudkiper; 2012-05-28 at 07:21 PM.

You need to have enough hp to absorb his multi shot chains. For my char it was around 28500, then move to the healing well. As a dh you keep him off screen most of the time and his chain attk can still hit you from that range.

That or do it 1000 times and hope for rng dodge.

Also, smoke screen messes up monster ai so he does things he isnt supposed to if you cast it during his attk.

Game needs some work, the smoke screen nerf really messed up the the monster ai and made them buggy as hell.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Inferno Butcher has a very short enrage to ensure that you are ready for act 2. Act 2 is way harder than Act 1, and they're trying to get you used to farming the Act for gear, like you will have to do for every Act in Inferno.
    Except inferno act 1 drops level 50 gear? Anyway as a monk i just stood on the south wall, its out of the fire. I tanked his hits easily so it may not work for you, you could possibly move side to side to avoid them

Personally, I don't use backup plan on my preparation because if you need the extra discipline and it doesn't proc you're screwed AND if you aren't completely out, you've wasted a lot. I use the Focused Mind rune which has worked so much better for me in general, but especially on this fight for running over the fires.

10+ Year Old Account
    butcher is gearcheck fight, but also he can be extremly random which becomes frustrating very fast if you die to random gibs, or if you lag and cant dodge things in time. and act 2 is... well... harder;p those goddam wasps with teleport jailer fast horde... no escape ^^

Buy a ranged weapon, if you dont know the AH too well just buy the highest DPS one you can afford.
    Marked for death: mortal enemy, spam nether tentacles
    Try to stay to his side, if he turns to you smoke screen immediately. If your timing is perfect you can SS the chains. If he throws his single chain you're lucky since it has a rather large window to SS before he follows up and kills you

As DH you just gotta dodge everything, Either by moving or with SS. If a boss is giving you trouble you dont have enough DPS. The faster the fight, the less mistakes you can make and with DH every mistake means instant death. Dont even try building tanky. You need something like 600 resist all+50k hp just to survive 1 hit and even then the second one will kill you.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

I killed Butcher while being extremely undergeared on my DH, and in the end I ended up with Smoke Screen (lingering), bat companion, fan of knives (crit-rune) and prep (heal). Main abilities were triple shot hungering and impale (chemical burn). These are far from the skills I normally roll with, but it's what ultimately snagged the kill for me while being undergeared. I also took enchantress with me and specced her for extra armor, so that I sometimes survive the mass chain. Passives were tactical advantage, archery and sharpshooter (to be used with fan of knives right in the start).

The most important part is to keep your distance at all times, and just use the map to locate the butcher to know where you should throw your arrows. He won't ever do the mass chain if you're too far away from him, but he'll try to use the hook (and fail, because its range is limited). When he charged, I ran as far away as possible, stutter-stepping and shooting impales on the way without risking anything. It's a nice hatred dump, and makes it easy to not "lose" dps by being on full hatred while running. A nice tip is to also run near him if you are about to smoke screen away from burning ground. That way, he'll sometimes try to do a powerful melee attack that will keep him from running for a few seconds. Those moments and directly after charges are the moments you need to pump arrows into him, not counting the odd hungering arrow here and there.

After 5-6 tries with that spec (and the 32nd try in total, trying various builds with traps, sentries, etc.) I finally nailed him. In the killing try, I got hit by the chains once but survived it long enough to get to the healing well. Don't think I will be farming him anytime soon, though.
    Last edited by Unbelievr; 2012-05-28 at 08:49 PM.

Get enough hp/armor to survive 1 hit of chains (use well or prep with healing rune and pot after it) then if you cant beat the enrage timer get some better gear either by farming or buying off ah.

chains are the only thing that can kill you on butcher, get enough hp/res to survive them and thats it. Then you just plan your discipline right so you never get owned by bad flames. Butcher is really piss easy. Wait for act 2... then you will be getting pissed on DH :P

For butcher you really just need vault, smoke screen, preparation and hungering arrow. Rest of skill doesnt matter, however impale can be helpfull
    But yeah, make sure you can survive chains and you can farm him no problem.

I took him with my 17k hp, it's all about know animations before a cast then the fight gets easier. I find it better to force a chain right after his charge is over, by moving towards him then to run away from him to gain distance. I always use templar because he holds him at the middle for most of the times. My templar has like 1.7k armor and 60k hp.

Easy peasy, 1 shot first time there in Inferno with 17k dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    I am so pissed off right now. So pissed off.

Thanks in advance, I cooled off a bit during writing. Really got furious during my tries...

answer: Re-do untill you perfect it. Also I only used Shadow Power GLOOM. its overrated to have vanish.

I was having a total nightmare with Butcher for a while, took me 2 hours or so to get my first kill. Been on farm after that without issue.

Speedlance is right about learning the animations, he usually leans back for a second longer when he's about to do the grip attack and he always does the chains after his charge. Once you've got used to those and the timing you'll be able to save your smoke screen and pop it at the right times to avoid the attacks.

If your dying to fire then it's the enrage. You need to push the DPS. I have 22k DPS before sharpshooter and usually kill him just after he does his second charge. I'm don't keep my distance either, I stay relatively close to him so I can watch the animations and let my templar hold him place for as long as poss while I nuke the crap out of him.

I run with:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dVR!YeT!YaZacc

I use that for bosses and elite packs to get my Neph stacks

Deleted
    The easiest solution of all is just to get enough vitality to survive the chains, you need just over ~33 000 HP with 0 resistances to survive the chains so get some "tank gear" for the fight, that's what I call it anyway. I even have one 130 Vit amulet with a gem slot, damage doesn't matter too much there.

My 1st kill was flawless, after several wipes I finally got and attempt where I Smoked every chains I could and dodged the rest. Then I read up on it and found out about the 33k hp, Vitality scales really well at these lower tiers, you don't need that much of it.

Sorry for answering that late, but thanks for all the tips. I managed to kill him now with smoke screen to dodge the multi chains. I didn't take a single piece of dmg in that fight and after that I needed a good and deep drag.. It's been a sick piece of work since I had to be very concentrated. My gear really is crap, my bow does 517 dps and stuff like that. I have also thought about gloomed shadow power, which is superior to smoke screen in that regard since it lasts 3 secs. But since I don't play with shadow power vs rares right now, I kinda wanted to get it done with smoke screen. I am gonna try that grenade build as well some time. Sounds interesting.

Anyhoo, thanks for the answers .