SO as a wizard...

What do I do against Molten, Fast, Vampiric, Teleporter?

Avoid or restart?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the mob type, the act and the space you have. Take venom hydra and kite, using teleport to get away.

yea fast isnt that bad unless its on an already fast mob, if its not on a fast mob it just takes a bit more kiting. If its on a fast mob it will get annoying pretty bad. Vampiric isnt that bad for Wiz cause of diamond skin. If your resist are high enough you can DS during the times they are on you while your kiting and it wont be that horrible.

I got enought resists and hp to take more than several hits. I have the illusion passive + teleport(fracture). I get hit. Teleport away. Shoot. Have venon hydra up...oh and remember to pop it where your mirror images from teleporting are. Mobs will stay around and hit them so hydra gets some extra time to do dmg.

Everytime anything hits you, teleport away. Even the enemies wont teleport after you immediately. They might even stay attack your mirror images.

To me the hardest mobs on inferno have been all those tiny mobs that hit so little that it doesn't proc the illusion passive everytime and thus I don't get to teleport away.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    yea fast isnt that bad unless its on an already fast mob, if its not on a fast mob it just takes a bit more kiting. If its on a fast mob it will get annoying pretty bad. Vampiric isnt that bad for Wiz cause of diamond skin. If your resist are high enough you can DS during the times they are on you while your kiting and it wont be that horrible.
    I can't slow them down to be slower than my runspeed, which I have +18%.

Kill them before they kill you. It's the wizard mantra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Kill them before they kill you. It's the wizard mantra.
    It really depends on which difficulty the OP has run into this issue but it's fairly reasonable to assume it's hell because that's when things start getting real messy. If he was on normal or nightmare he wouldn't be here. And on hell or inferno just slicing through things doesn't work.

OP: What i've found viable for pretty much every blue or yellow pack is this set of skills: Mirror Image, Diamond Skin, Slow Time, Magic Weapon thingy, and the primary 2 skills don't really matter. My passive skills are: Blur, the thing that gives 20 arcane power and regenerates 2 per second and the 3rd passive skill is either Evocation or the thing that resets mirror image when you're hit for more than 15% of your hp.

Now, this specc provides for poor damage but in 95% situations you will be victorious on Hell in act 2 or 3 (which is when i took this specc up). It takes some practice but it's important to know that you have to kite and you have to synchronize your movements and spell using in such a way that you always have something to make sure you're alive, the mirror images to distract enemies, the diamond skin when they're not up, the bubble when you're being targeted by range, etc.

Hope this was helpful.

1. Drag them to the nearest checkpoint
    2. deal damage
    3. die
    4. respawn
    5. proceed with steps 2-4 until the champion pack is dead.

ceot when you reach 3rd or so death, by the time you respawn they insta gain all their hp back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    It really depends on which difficulty the OP has run into this issue but it's fairly reasonable to assume it's hell because that's when things start getting real messy.
    I would assume since the Elite in question has 4 mods, this is Inferno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Depends on the mob type, the act and the space you have. Take venom hydra and kite, using teleport to get away.
    This, I also add in shockwave with the stun rune.

i ran into fast and high helath beasts ( the one in act 1) wasnt a pretty site

Teleport + Fracture + Illusion.

Deleted
    I would actually give up on really kiting that, teleport+fast is GG as far as kiting goes. My current build has enough defense to take a few hits so what I do against packs like that is Hydra+Blizzard (stark winter rune) then run in circles around it while alternating defensive CDs and health pots. They still hit me but the running in circles mitigates enough damage to survive, moving into a different are every now and again when the lava gets too much.

However if its a hard hitting pack that you absolutely cannot be hit bu then just skip them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleeq View Post
    I would assume since the Elite in question has 4 mods, this is Inferno.
    I've seen some Hell mobs with 4 mods.