how much resitance are you using for inferno?

As the title says, been trying hard to progress, currently im a WD at 460 on all with 25k hp and 26k dps (had to drop some dps to pick up res)

Finally i can clear most champ packs in act 1 without deaths, been running cursed hold with 5 stacks first then onto the butcher with not a lot of luck on items and the stuff i do get not selling.

So, story out the way what res/hp roughtly have others moved on to farming act 2? I mean proper farming after forcing my way to act 3 I cba with corpse camping a group to death.

Armor lowers damage too, not just melee, so even if you have 65% resist, if you have 40% armor reduction, your still going to take a crap ton of damage

My wiz atm is running 70% DR from armor and 50% resist, im still farming and getting gear to get more resistance<

Deleted
    I am not a WD but since you don't have the melee -30% dmg taken aren't you too supposed to gear to be a glass canon? DHs and Wizards sure do this and it works fairly well. Also just today I met a 14k HP WD in full damage gear who was doing quite well, you should maybe try it.

Barbs generally take ~800 resist when stepping into act 2 while maintaining some armor ideally from str. Monks ~800 too while having some vit/dex (dodge). There is no exact hp amount, whatever works for you, just get those resists and see how you do there.

Or go glass canon (ignoring vit, resistances and relying on zerg and surviving in CDs).

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    I am not a WD but since you don't have the melee -30% dmg taken aren't you too supposed to gear to be a glass canon? DHs and Wizards sure do this and it works fairly well. Also just today I met a 14k HP WD in full damage gear who was doing quite well, you should maybe try it.

Barbs generally take ~800 resist when stepping into act 2 while maintaining some armor ideally from str. Monks ~800 too while having some vit/dex (dodge). There is no exact hp amount, whatever works for you, just get those resists and see how you do there.

Or go glass canon (ignoring vit, resistances and relying on zerg and surviving in CDs).
    I have ran glass cannon builds in order to push through to act 3, 40k dps builds count for nothing when you get 1 shot by everything there is, especially as stuff just appears on your face all the time with no way to avoid it.

Was looking for the info to see where i need to aim for on my resists, like i said where they are atm i can finally do full act I clears with 0 deaths which is an improvement, now i want to move onto act 2 instead of another week in act 1