Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Must've been a long time. Firefox has been the lagging browser in terms of security for years. Noscript went from being an optional nicety to downright mandatory, the only browser where that was the case. Especially if you browse gaming related sites - as crackers interested in those types of target normally attack Firefox, and not IE/Chrome/Opera. IE of course still being the second most common.
    [Citation needed]

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    [Citation needed]
    1. ^ Xale, Dark (2012). His Ass of Mis-information

User was infracted
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-05-29 at 11:17 PM.

Deleted
    [Citation needed]
    In terms of number of exploits/year (as I recall), in terms that Firefox addons were not until version 13 required to use ASLR (providing a trivial exploit avenue) - a major problem for a browser whose main distinguishing feature IS addons, and the browser itself runs in medium (high with no UAC), rather than low, integrity mode.

[Citation needed]
    http://internet-browser-review.toptenreviews.com/
    Here's my first hit on google.

hey wait a second, that gives firefox the highest rating in security together with chrome, that can't be right... people on forums wouldn't randomly make up statistics would they?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nWoMATT125 View Post
    hello i have internet explorer and i have always used it but lately i been hearing how its shit and all others are better like firefox, crome and other like them my question is why do people hate internet explorer and whats the best internet brower
    is it bad that i thought if Infinity Edge from League of legends first?

but yea IE has crap security thats all.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a web engineer, internet explorer provides some weird behaviors at handling and rendering. There are some things that need some extra work to look fine in ie. This is why we can't have nice things.

10+ Year Old Account
    IE takes up too much data. Chrome is much faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonic View Post
    i have always been using internet explorer and ever had any problems with it. No need to try something else when what you have works
    Do you wait until you've lost your account before buying an authenticator?

I'm not sure about the latest versions, but IE has a terrible track record of poor security, combine that with being slower, less customisable and in many peoples eyes, far less attractive, it's just not what most people who particularly care what browser they have will use.

Deleted
    The mainstream hate started with IE6 as it could not properly render css. You would, 9 times out of 10, have to load a separate css file just for IE to even display your webpage. Not to mention the lack of alpha support on pngs, pure optimization and overall bad programming, made it one of the worse browsers ever made, unfortunately it came bundled with most versions of Windows XP which is still one of the leading operating systems. Some people just refuse, or don't know how to upgrade, meaning IE6 will be with us for a while to come yet.

The hate has just carried over from those that don't really know much about browsers, to the newer versions. IE8/9 aren't that bad, definitely not as good as Firefox or chrome but its come a long way from what it use to be and is making progress very quickly.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-05-29 at 12:47 AM.

Some people just refuse, or don't know how to upgrade, meaning IE6 will be with us for a while to come yet
    Didn't Microsoft package IE8 in a mandatory windows update a year or so ago?

ie 10 is pretty decent. It's a stock browser.
    I hate it cause it has no expandability - just look at firefox and chrome and even opera - userscripts, user addons and things that make browsing so much easier. My personal choice of browser is nightly but i also have chromeplus due to the boss mouse gesture system.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Didn't Microsoft package IE8 in a mandatory windows update a year or so ago?
    Yes, it's downloaded automatically via windows update but the user still needs to accept the installation, and people that don't know what it is will normally just click cancel

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The only thing I don't like is that all tun out to be the same crap in terms of privacity, if you want you can know someones whole internet search history within much effort. Specially with Chrome if the person is logged into google.
    That's why people should use chromium. It's essentially chrome but without them reaping all your data. If you want good search results, without anything being stored then have a look at DuckDuckGo.

As one other has said in this thread, IE has the stigma attached to it from IE6 as at the time it was not as "cutting edge" as other browsers in the sense that it could not render CSS, optimize images properly, and had too many security holes. Basically, what this guy said:

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    The mainstream hate started with IE6 as it could not properly render css. You would, 9 times out of 10, have to load a separate css file just for IE to even display your webpage. Not to mention the lack of alpha support on pngs, pure optimization and overall bad programming, made it one of the worse browsers ever made, unfortunately it came bundled with most versions of Windows XP which is still one of the leading operating systems. Some people just refuse, or don't know how to upgrade, meaning IE6 will be with us for a while to come yet.

The hate has just carried over from those that don't really know much about browsers, to the newer versions. IE8/9 aren't that bad, definitely not as good as Firefox or chrome but its come a long way from what it use to be and is making progress very quickly.
    Last edited by Jaqera; 2012-05-29 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-05-29 at 11:18 PM.
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found Firefox to be better, and then I tried Chrome. I don't really use special features, but it's certainly faster than whatever version of IE my friends run on their systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Terrible for memory usage? J
    I know you're banned, but have you ever looked at Chrome memory usage? Out of the browsers, Chrome eats up quite a large chunk of it. I'm a Chrome fan myself and been using it since beta, but please don't spread false positives.

Many of the other browser options today are faster rendering pages than IE9, period. It's been proven. IE10 makes a good attempt at coming back to the speed market, especially with HTML 5 enhancements.

I like IE. I wish it could be a mainstream browser like Chrome. I also wish it had the add-on capabilities that Chrome does. One thing I like about IE is that it has a 64 bit version built into Win 7. When pages don't function as they should via Chrome, I swap to IE9 64 Bit.

Deleted
    IE always felt slower and clunkier then Firefox (which I used more frequently a few years back) and Chrome (which I use now).

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I know you're banned, but have you ever looked at Chrome memory usage? Out of the browsers, Chrome eats up quite a large chunk of it. I'm a Chrome fan myself and been using it since beta, but please don't spread false positives.
    I was curious about this. I haven't used IE in.. well since firefox became an option (But I use Chrome exclusively now, because Firefox was causing too many problems, to the point of inoperability. This might not be firefox's fault, but Chrome doesn't have the issue).

I fired up IE8, Firefox 12, and Chrome 19.

IE used a fair bit more memory doing identical things than Chrome or Firefox. Chrome loaded stuff much faster, and responded faster, however used slightly more than firefox. I also like the way chrome looks, but, thats not entirely important.

So, saying "Terrible Memory Usage" is wrong is... not entirely accurate. Since IE HAS in the past had terrible memory usage, and currently (I know I tested IE8 and not IE9, but most people, if they arent using IE6 [Which 35% of china, 200 million, if that says anything] they're likely using IE8. I was under the impression that XP users cant even -have- IE9) has ... the worst, which isn't to say 'terrible' but worst still has it's connotations.

I used to be a Firefox man, however the recent poor performance of this browser has turned me to Chrome. Much faster and cleaner browser. There is nothing wrong with IE9 as a browser. In terms of performance its a step up from previous versions, it's just not as good as chrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because IE is awful, all the tabs and crap, its very slow, or used to be, all cluttered up and useless other crap. Get chrome, the web will be a lot faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting