Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Highest xp rewarding act or quest?

I cleared nightmare on my wizard last night at lvl 47. Thus, I need to grind to 50. On my barb my friends and I hella farmed azmodan kill quest to hit 50 the first time. But, it has been nerfed.... Is there a comparable way still? If it I'm just gonna go through act 3&4 again

Thanks

there is a level requirement to go to hell?

I was no aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    there is a level requirement to go to hell?

I was no aware of this.
    News to me to.
    Some clarification would be nice since i thought there where no hard values, just recommended ones.

Onn: I found events actually award a decent amount of xp, maybe look into that?
    Pre skellie king is an event that requires you to survive for a minute that awards a decent amount + giving you xp from killing 100 skellies during it.

Deleted
    Hard value is:
    Nightmare, 25
    Hell, 50
    Inferno, 60

Quickest way to level is doing the last part before azmodan. 100k xp in 5 mins and you get a lot of items/gold as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    Quickest way to level is doing the last part before azmodan. 100k xp in 5 mins and you get a lot of items/gold as well.
    Like somone else said: It's been nerfed.... you no longer get the portal quest after you kill azmodan. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Smackarn View Post
    Hard value is:
    Nightmare, 25
    Hell, 50
    Inferno, 60
    thank you for posting this

Act 2, 2nd boss...i forget his name (mage dude with 2 big rock guys). takes 2-3min each run and rewards the highest exp per hour atm.

That one khuule dude with the soulstone?

36.4k xp for 2min of work is pretty boss
    Last edited by Cptnchaos; 2012-05-29 at 12:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Act 2, Part 8 - The Soulstone Chamber.

If you cbf with all the cinematic skipping etc. you can repeat the part of Act 2 where you need to speak to Veahruk or whatever his name is. You spawn in town, port to the waypoint > talk to dude > the guards turn into those invisible serpent mobs > kill them > get 17k xp per trip on Nightmare. It's just as quick if not quicker than Zoltun Kulle farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is also that miniboss in the high heavens, I forget he's name.. spawns a lot of those shadow whatever creatures.
    But you basically start right before the fight, then just repeat.

Might not be the best part, but it very straight forward at least.

Deleted
    Weird that you're not over lvl50 at the end of Nightmare or did you just quickly rush trough the content without clearing everything ?
    I think i was like 53 when i killed Diablo on Nightmare.

Ya I was co oping with a friend that just started so I would hop on whatever part he was on

I found a disgustingly good place to farm XP. I am a Wiz, and from lv 50-58 I was getting 115k every 2-3 min. At lv 59 I am getting 85k every 2-3 min. What i do is on Hell Act 1 quest 7, "Doom in wortham" ,I think it's called, you basically start the quest, take ferry to wortham, kill all mobs, than bosses and finish quest. The quest reward is 65k and you get a lot of xp from the mobs. I've timed myself multiple times and it's never taken over 3 minutes. Have fun!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I found a disgustingly good place to farm XP. I am a Wiz, and from lv 50-58 I was getting 115k every 2-3 min. At lv 59 I am getting 85k every 2-3 min. What i do is on Hell Act 1 quest 7, "Doom in wortham" ,I think it's called, you basically start the quest, take ferry to wortham, kill all mobs, than bosses and finish quest. The quest reward is 65k and you get a lot of xp from the mobs. I've timed myself multiple times and it's never taken over 3 minutes. Have fun!
    He asks for a way to farm xp to gain access to HELL and your advice to him is to farm act 1 HELL?

Whoops, i misread that. I'm not home right now to try but i cant see why you cant do the same in NM

Quote Originally Posted by Chocopuffs View Post
    He asks for a way to farm xp to gain access to HELL and your advice to him is to farm act 1 HELL?
    Itll work for alts too and anyone else curious about it... Definitely would help boost me up to outlvl the nastier parts of act 3 and 4

I burned though nightmare (solo), in some cases skipping stuff where I could (but not always). I ended up at level 49 + 10% going into 50. So, yea if you take direct routes it would not be unusual to have to grid a bit before you can access hell. Also, Diablo (at least in normal and NM) its very bursty, its just long and you are given a fair amount of warning before his abilities (traps took away about 75% of my health). I've one shot Diablo on both difficulties so far, which is a lot more than I can say for any other boss except skel king.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocopuffs View Post
    ... that is how it is with gear.... xD need act 3-4 gear to clear 2.. why should Xp be any different xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Nope I played the Mewtwo v Frieza fight out to detail in my head and it ended with Megatron as the victor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackarn View Post
    Hard value is:
    Nightmare, 25
    Hell, 50
    Inferno, 60
    Maybe I hit a bug? I leveled my friend from 1-15, just doing bosses in Normal, and he was able to get into NM with me... coulda been a bug though