Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Slashing/Sharpness over Blunt/Thrusting. I would rather a lightweight katana which could slash a zombie in half in a single motion, than a heavy longsword which will mostly just hack and get stuck in their bodies.

Either way, a Leaf Blade beats both. as it takes the strengths of both.
    A same size Katana is alot heavier than a Longsword. The Blade width is also double the thickness. Also, I think you are confusing what you mean by leaf Blade.

A Leaf Bladed sword is a European design.
    "What do you seek within the mountain?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Actually, you can hack and slash around you with a sword to your hearts content. Proper training is when you wish to swing said sword at a person, not a walking meat stick.
    Said meat stick still has a bone density and i would presume (its not like i tested it in real life lol) that the technique required to overcome said bone density is less draining physically than the force you need to apply to do the same with a longsword.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    Said meat stick still has a bone density and i would presume (its not like i tested it in real life lol) that the technique required to overcome said bone density is less draining physically than the force you need to apply to do the same with a longsword.
    There is zero difference between cutting with a Katana and cutting with the longsword. the Technique is based around control of the blade and the judging of the strength of your swing.

As hard as people think it is, Swordplay is not hard, applying Swordplay against another swordsman Is.

I can't decide which is more hilarious - the Internet Martial Artists (TM) or the people who think owning a sword makes them a bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I can't decide which is more hilarious - the Internet Martial Artists (TM) or the people who think owning a sword makes them a bad ass.
    I am sorry, but.

Why is having a hobby bad? I guess sitting around and being a dullard on the internet is a totally better way to pass the time right?

Because against enemies that do not fight back with tools and with proper technique it will decimate incoming hordes more quickly than any other hand weapon.
    Simply put: its very good at decapitation O:

Also: black chick from walking dead :P
    Give me a heavy crowbar anyday, a deadly weapon as well as a useful tool.

Isnt that a Pokemon ? or at least a Pokemon attack ?
    Yes, yes it is, But It is also a type of Sword that has the double-edged characteristics of a Longsword, with the curved blade of a Katana. Which gives it the Slashing power of a Katana and the Thrusting/Stabbing power of a European longsword.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 11:13 PM ----------

A same size Katana is alot heavier than a Longsword. The Blade width is also double the thickness. Also, I think you are confusing what you mean by leaf Blade.

A Leaf Bladed sword is a European design.
    All Longswords I have ever held were of a heavier weight to the relatively equal sized Katanas, and I already knew Leaf Bladed swords were European, I never said they were otherwise.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2013-01-21 at 01:14 PM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    All Longswords I have ever held were of a heavier weight to the relatively equal sized Katanas, and I already knew Leaf Bladed swords were European, I never said they were otherwise.
    You probably held Longswords whos blade is made thicker than they usually are, this is often a fault with replica weaponry.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Give me a heavy crowbar anyday, a deadly weapon as well as a useful tool.
    This man said it.

There's a zombie apocalypse weapon for you.

If you insist on going with a sword, go with a sturdy broadsword and not a katana. A katana requires a lot more maintenance to function properly, and breaks more easily if you're not a trained swordsman, so not exactly ideal for a post-apocalyptic world.
    The world is full of evil and lies and pain and death, and you can't hide from it... You can only face it. The question is, when you do, how do you respond? Who do you become?

Dreadlord
    Katana is good only if the zombies are led by Quentin Tarantino.

Broadsword is too heavy to use repeatedly--you'll be tired after your fifth swing. Not only that, but what about carrying it? You'll be walking cross country, sometimes running. You don't want a heavy-ass sword weighing you down.
    Torethirnyi, Blackwing's Bane - Orc Enhancement Shaman - <Conviction> of Korgath - (H) 9/13 25-man - Retired from WoW in 4.1
    Champion Torethyr Sarin - Cyborg Vengeance Juggernaut - <Conviction> of Prophecy of the Five - 10/10 Nightmare Mode - Retired

Nothing makes you hate MMOs more than having played MMOs.

Annnnnd this is why people shouldn't own weapons.

Friend comes around. Friend gets drunk. Friend stabs friend with the sword.

"GUIZ I HAD 4 ZOMBEH INFASIONZ IT R KAY"

Just for once do the right thing and don't buy the actual weapon. Go buy something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Broadsword is too heavy to use repeatedly--you'll be tired after your fifth swing. Not only that, but what about carrying it? You'll be walking cross country, sometimes running. You don't want a heavy-ass sword weighing you down.
    You've watched too many movies. Why would anyone ever make a sword that would tire you out after a few swings? The biggest 2-handed swords to ever have been used for proper battle weighed around 4,5 kilos, or around 10 pounds. A proper broadsword wouldn't weigh much more than 2 kilos, or around 4,5 pounds. Furthermore they were well balanced, making them even easier to handle.

In movies, actors(stunt crew) are often instructed to make the swords look a lot heavier than they actually are, in order to make the battles look more heroic.
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2013-01-21 at 01:38 PM.
    The world is full of evil and lies and pain and death, and you can't hide from it... You can only face it. The question is, when you do, how do you respond? Who do you become?

I am sorry, but.

Why is having a hobby bad? I guess sitting around and being a dullard on the internet is a totally better way to pass the time right?
    Having a hobby is one thing.

Reading Wikipedia articles and regurgitating them to sound knowledgeable on an MMO forum is an entirely different animal.

I'd think you were equally inane if you were talking like this about cars you'd never actually driven.

A sharp one. Or at least a pointy one.

Also, considering it is a zombie apocalypse, do you really think a close quarter weapon is good enough when there are hundreds of zombies surrounding you? It would be like a Zealot being surrounded by Zerglings.... Either way you put it, not good.

I would go with an MP5 slung over one shoulder, Squall's Gunblade holstered on your right hip, and Sephiroph's super long Katana on your left hip (oh and extra magazines for your MP5 and extra bullets for your Gunblade)

This way you can engage them from a distance but still have some method of hack and slash should they get too close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Spoiler: The reason Garrosh is defeated is because, just when he's being attacked, Malchezaar pops out of a portal, yells "yoink!", and takes his weapon away.
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Having a hobby is one thing.

Reading Wikipedia articles and regurgitating them to sound knowledgeable on an MMO forum is an entirely different animal.

I'd think you were equally inane if you were talking like this about cars you'd never actually driven.
    Arguing about stuff that has no relevance and i have no expertise in is fun to me.
    I would never even consider buying an actual sword but arguing what weapon to best slice down zombies with is enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I find it concerning that you're looking for a Katana for a possible/theoretical zombie attack in seriousness. I find it even more concerning that you chose the wording "suited for actual killing". I don't think anyone with any even vague intentions of that should ever be allowed to own such a weapon.

Do you harrass children when they're playing with Nerf guns, too?

The dude's just having fun.

OT: Can't help you, but I have a Gerber machete that works well against small trees. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't pay for food for anyone I'm not sleeping with and you shouldn't either.

crowbar superior in every way

One that reminds you of how much believing in the idea of a zombie apocalypse makes you sound uneducated and dumb imho.

So, this guy :