Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    That's a mighty fine story, brother - have you considered publishing it?

I'm basically calling you out here, because I find claims like this on video game forums the height of hilarity.
    It's Internet Tough Guy 101 - claim to have trained in 'various' martial arts.
    (You even did it to a T.)

Tell us another one!
    Dotn understand your point to be honest. Why even bother reading forums if you discount anything anyone says as its 100% bullshit?
    Various martial arts is taekwondo 3rd dan, wing tsun for 8 years, bushido for 6 years and been training krav maga for just under a year now.

I dont understand you "internet tough guy" comment either, its not like I am claiming to be the worlds ultimate fighter or anything, I'm not, I just have some relevant experience to the topic at hand. It no different than starting a thread about who was the best football player of the 1990's...some people will know lots about it, will have been to matches and such to offer comments, some like me would not have a clue. But I woudl not be insulting to anyone who claimed to know more than I did.

So far your contribution seams to be to come in, be a twat and contribute nothing. Internet douchebag 101. With compelling evidence to support it.

Infracted.
    Worth it.
    Last edited by tlacoatl; 2013-01-21 at 05:47 PM.
    No game will ever kill wow. Though Blizard themselves are making a pretty damm good attempt lately.

THE FIRST RULE OF BRAWLERS GUILD IS YOU DO NOT GET INVITED TO BRAWLERS GUILD.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    Are you serious ? they dont come back from the dead but exhibit clear zombie like symptoms
    Your the one that seems uneducated by dismissing something you simply dont understand.
    You really seem to want this, don't you?

There are no zombies. There will be NO zombie Apocalypse. Zombies are as likely as vampires, and we all know that there are just as many vampires as there are unicorns in this world. so...
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Its called sleeping sickness
    If you are referring to the african "nodding disease", there's nothing zombie-like about it. It RECALLS zombie-like behaviours (ie. apathy, mental disorders), but it's been there since the 1960s and no one has ever talked about it before Hollywood decided that zombies should be the next hype.

Would you call a schyzophrenic person a werewolf ?

But then again, I'm in a "zombie thread", so I guess i'll just leave you kids to your fun, sorry for trying to burst your bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    You really seem to want this, don't you?

There are no zombies. There will be NO zombie Apocalypse. Zombies are as likely as vampires, and we all know that there are just as many vampires as there are unicorns in this world. so...
    As im sure you know a Zombie Apocalypse is not a literal thing but its a whole bag of ideas that plays against the fear of being alone in a hostile world.
    The Scenario that suddenly most of humankind is gone is something that is very possible.
    The chance that in that post apocalyptic world a part of humankind is changed into something primal that can't be recognised as a full human while another part retains humanity is also very real.

However: do i want that ? hell no im a nerd i would die.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    Would you call a schyzophrenic person a werewolf ?
    That depends, if he randomly starts walking on four legs and exhibits wolf like behaviour then the next day is perfectly normal i would for sure call it something like werewolf disorder :P

That depends, if he randomly starts walking on four legs and exhibits wolf like behaviour then the next day is perfectly normal i would for sure call it something like werewolf disorder :P
    Thet's pretty much the difference between science and legends, bro.. One who acts like something IS NOT that thing, even if he believes it deep within himself. But, we're drifting into a nomenclature debate here..

As im sure you know a Zombie Apocalypse is not a literal thing but its a whole bag of ideas that plays against the fear of being alone in a hostile world.
    The Scenario that suddenly most of humankind is gone is something that is very possible.
    The chance that in that post apocalyptic world a part of humankind is changed into something primal that can't be recognised as a full human while another part retains humanity is also very real.

However: do i want that ? hell no im a nerd i would die.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 04:48 PM ----------

You keep saying possible like that word has any meaning. it really doesn't. It's also quite possible that me, Mr Christopher B may one day find myself impregnated with the messiah.

You keep saying possible like that word has any meaning. it really doesn't. It's also quite possible that me, Mr Christopher B may one day find myself impregnated with the messiah.
    While im sure that we will one day be able to equip a man with the stuff he needs to get pregnant, i doubt the messiah will have any part in it.
    Something being unlikely does not take it out of the realm of possibility, it is unlikely that i will find a 100$ on the street but its not something that i can't believe could happen.
    Last edited by Castiell; 2013-01-21 at 04:00 PM.

Keep the thread in the "it's just for fun" department, trying to defend a belief that it might just really happpen makes you look silly.

While im sure that we will one day be able to equip a man with the stuff he needs to get pregnant, i doubt the messiah will have any part in it.
    Something being unlikely does not take it out of the realm of possibility, it is unlikely that i will find a 100$ on the street but its not something that i can't believe could happen.
    Right. my point, though is that this realm of possibility is so damn big that simply being possible does not allude to a conceivable of change of actually happening.

I doubt I am going to give birth to the messiah, and i doubt that zombies will rise to terrorize the earth. Sure both COULD happen, but i'm not going to take the chances anything like seriously or prepare in anyway for either occurrence.

As Wayne would say

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Keep the thread in the "it's just for fun" department, trying to defend a belief that it might just really happpen makes you look silly.
    Somehow im not afraid of that outcome and its consequences

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 05:07 PM ----------

doubt I am going to give birth to the messiah, and i doubt that zombies will rise to terrorize the earth. Sure both COULD happen, but i'm not going to take the chances anything like seriously or prepare in anyway for either occurrence.
    I actually stated that as the first point in this discussion ^^

What makes a zombie apocalypse/outbreak so ludicrous in your eyes ?

Im not saying you need to prepare for it and treat it as a serious threat.

Diseases that induce zombie like states exist already, crossbreeding said disease allowing it to be airborne for whatever sort of purpose is a possibility.
    Would an outbreak of that kind result into the worldwide state described in films ? probably not.
    Could it result into some people having to experience something akin to it ? definitely.
    I agree. It is definetely a possibility that say 10-thousand people in a confined area are forcefed bathsalts. That would be reminiscent of a zombie apocalypse.

How many people do you think would go fight a mob of drug crazed loonies with a katana, no matter how sharp. Be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    I agree. It is definetely a possibility that say 10-thousand people in a confined area are forcefed bathsalts. That would be reminiscent of a zombie apocalypse.

How many people do you think would go fight a mob of drug crazed loonies with a katana, no matter how sharp. Be realistic.
    Well i can already see the IRA "We told you so" posters

As much as I like the idea of metal armor of some sort, it really wouldn't work.
    The weight and because it gives zombies something to grab onto and possibly worse, they will just rip it off if you get surrounded by them anyway.

I can't speak to the durability of a katana that seems to have been discussed at length throughout this thread, but the weight for me would be an issue, anything that you cant kill at LEAST 50 zombies in a single day in my opinion would be a liability. Really, do you want to look like a badass or do you want to be zombie chow?

Personally I'd go for a light sledge, maybe 3-4kgs tops, short-ish would be nice, failing that just a regular hammer that you bang nails in with.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    As much as I like the idea of metal armor of some sort, it really wouldn't work.
    The weight and because it gives zombies something to grab onto and possibly worse, they will just rip it off if you get surrounded by them anyway.

I can't speak to the durability of a katana that seems to have been discussed at length throughout this thread, but the weight for me would be an issue, anything that you cant kill at LEAST 50 zombies in a single day in my opinion would be a liability. Really, do you want to look like a badass or do you want to be zombie chow?

Personally I'd go for a light sledge, maybe 3-4kgs tops, short-ish would be nice, failing that just a regular hammer that you bang nails in with.
    This. I would imagine a blunt weapon would be far easier to use than a precise cutting weapon.

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Aw, c'mon guys. Are we really arguing about the realism of zombies? Am I going to be the first one to point out that all that zombie apocalypse stuff is just, you know, for silly fun?
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post

The issue with hammers is that unless you take the head clean off or you mush the brain the zombie will just keep coming after you !

The issue with hammers is that unless you take the head clean off or you mush the brain the zombie will just keep coming after you !
    in most popular media a bullet to the brain is enough to stop a zombie. All a bullet does is mush the brain.

in most popular media a bullet to the brain is enough to stop a zombie. All a bullet does is mush the brain.
    Well yeah but you have to overcome the cranial strengh of the zombie with your Hammer which is not that easy (i never tested this obviously)

Well yeah but you have to overcome the cranial strengh of the zombie with your Hammer which is not that easy (i never tested this obviously)
    I would imagine it wouldn't be that hard. Especialy with a ball peen hammer. Hell, "braining" weapons have been around for centuries... thousands of years even.

I would imagine it wouldn't be that hard. Especialy with a ball peen hammer. Hell, "braining" weapons have been around for centuries... thousands of years even.
    If you're talking about rocks on sticks, you can go a little further back than thousands of years...