Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    They could be, you never know.

I myself have trained in various martial arts for many years, not claiming to be an expert by any means, but just because you lack personal experience, does not mean everyone else does.

If we were to be talking about high end performance cars I'd be lost, but I woudl not assume everyone else posting lacked the knowledge to do so.
    I assume you have knowledge of certain subjects? yes? so if you post on anything am I to assume you are really clueless?
    That's a mighty fine story, brother - have you considered publishing it?

I'm basically calling you out here, because I find claims like this on video game forums the height of hilarity.
    It's Internet Tough Guy 101 - claim to have trained in 'various' martial arts.
    (You even did it to a T.)

Tell us another one!

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-21 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    Zombies can overwhelm a person with a gun too. You have to reload sometime.
    not as often if people stopped trying to ban high capacity magazines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    Diseases that induce zombie like states exist already, .
    No. Just, no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    No. Just, no.
    Are you serious ? they dont come back from the dead but exhibit clear zombie like symptoms
    Your the one that seems uneducated by dismissing something you simply dont understand.

Deleted
    We all know that this kinda stuff only happens in the US the same with alien invasions. So living in sweden I would probably not need to arm myself to fight zombies and I would just carry on like I always do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banan163 View Post
    Ppl watch to much anime/games where the protaganist cuts ppl/zombies as if they were paper
    If you want a Katana, then you should ask Sephiroth

Damn i was gonna talk about Sephiroth's sword. xD
    Might aswell use one of those instead of a normal one and look way cooler for the few minutes you would be alive since you wouldn't know how to use either of them. Could also try to copy an octaslash while you're at it.
    As for me in the case of a zombie apocalypse I know I wouldn't last long, as i would be terrified, I love resident evil but get nightmares everytime i watch anything with zombies.
    Last edited by mmoc1448edff70; 2013-01-21 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    We all know that this kinda stuff only happens in the US the same with alien invasions. So living in sweden I would probably not need to arm myself to fight zombies and I would just carry on like I always do.
    I think the closest superdiesease lab is in the Netherlands :P

Deleted
    Are you serious ? they dont come back from the dead but exhibit clear zombie like symptoms
    Your the one that seems uneducated by dismissing something you simply dont understand.
    Name those symptoms, and try not to sound like an idiot when you realize there's absolutely nothing zombie-like about them..
    Hell, just name the diseases you have in mind, just for shits and giggles..

Deleted
    Name those symptoms, and try not to sound like an idiot when you realize there's absolutely nothing zombie-like about them..
    Hell, just name the diseases you have in mind, just for shits and giggles..

Its called sleeping sickness

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    That's a mighty fine story, brother - have you considered publishing it?

I'm basically calling you out here, because I find claims like this on video game forums the height of hilarity.
    It's Internet Tough Guy 101 - claim to have trained in 'various' martial arts.
    (You even did it to a T.)

Tell us another one!
    Dotn understand your point to be honest. Why even bother reading forums if you discount anything anyone says as its 100% bullshit?
    Various martial arts is taekwondo 3rd dan, wing tsun for 8 years, bushido for 6 years and been training krav maga for just under a year now.

I dont understand you "internet tough guy" comment either, its not like I am claiming to be the worlds ultimate fighter or anything, I'm not, I just have some relevant experience to the topic at hand. It no different than starting a thread about who was the best football player of the 1990's...some people will know lots about it, will have been to matches and such to offer comments, some like me would not have a clue. But I woudl not be insulting to anyone who claimed to know more than I did.

So far your contribution seams to be to come in, be a twat and contribute nothing. Internet douchebag 101. With compelling evidence to support it.

Infracted.
    Worth it.
    Last edited by mmoc4e3ce29075; 2013-01-21 at 05:47 PM.

You really seem to want this, don't you?

There are no zombies. There will be NO zombie Apocalypse. Zombies are as likely as vampires, and we all know that there are just as many vampires as there are unicorns in this world. so...
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Its called sleeping sickness
    If you are referring to the african "nodding disease", there's nothing zombie-like about it. It RECALLS zombie-like behaviours (ie. apathy, mental disorders), but it's been there since the 1960s and no one has ever talked about it before Hollywood decided that zombies should be the next hype.

Would you call a schyzophrenic person a werewolf ?

But then again, I'm in a "zombie thread", so I guess i'll just leave you kids to your fun, sorry for trying to burst your bubble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    You really seem to want this, don't you?

There are no zombies. There will be NO zombie Apocalypse. Zombies are as likely as vampires, and we all know that there are just as many vampires as there are unicorns in this world. so...
    As im sure you know a Zombie Apocalypse is not a literal thing but its a whole bag of ideas that plays against the fear of being alone in a hostile world.
    The Scenario that suddenly most of humankind is gone is something that is very possible.
    The chance that in that post apocalyptic world a part of humankind is changed into something primal that can't be recognised as a full human while another part retains humanity is also very real.

However: do i want that ? hell no im a nerd i would die.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 04:48 PM ----------

Would you call a schyzophrenic person a werewolf ?
    That depends, if he randomly starts walking on four legs and exhibits wolf like behaviour then the next day is perfectly normal i would for sure call it something like werewolf disorder :P

Deleted
    That depends, if he randomly starts walking on four legs and exhibits wolf like behaviour then the next day is perfectly normal i would for sure call it something like werewolf disorder :P
    Thet's pretty much the difference between science and legends, bro.. One who acts like something IS NOT that thing, even if he believes it deep within himself. But, we're drifting into a nomenclature debate here..

As im sure you know a Zombie Apocalypse is not a literal thing but its a whole bag of ideas that plays against the fear of being alone in a hostile world.
    The Scenario that suddenly most of humankind is gone is something that is very possible.
    The chance that in that post apocalyptic world a part of humankind is changed into something primal that can't be recognised as a full human while another part retains humanity is also very real.

However: do i want that ? hell no im a nerd i would die.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 04:48 PM ----------

You keep saying possible like that word has any meaning. it really doesn't. It's also quite possible that me, Mr Christopher B may one day find myself impregnated with the messiah.

Deleted
    You keep saying possible like that word has any meaning. it really doesn't. It's also quite possible that me, Mr Christopher B may one day find myself impregnated with the messiah.
    While im sure that we will one day be able to equip a man with the stuff he needs to get pregnant, i doubt the messiah will have any part in it.
    Something being unlikely does not take it out of the realm of possibility, it is unlikely that i will find a 100$ on the street but its not something that i can't believe could happen.
    Last edited by mmoc9ed1a1194b; 2013-01-21 at 04:00 PM.

Keep the thread in the "it's just for fun" department, trying to defend a belief that it might just really happpen makes you look silly.

While im sure that we will one day be able to equip a man with the stuff he needs to get pregnant, i doubt the messiah will have any part in it.
    Something being unlikely does not take it out of the realm of possibility, it is unlikely that i will find a 100$ on the street but its not something that i can't believe could happen.
    Right. my point, though is that this realm of possibility is so damn big that simply being possible does not allude to a conceivable of change of actually happening.

I doubt I am going to give birth to the messiah, and i doubt that zombies will rise to terrorize the earth. Sure both COULD happen, but i'm not going to take the chances anything like seriously or prepare in anyway for either occurrence.

As Wayne would say

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Keep the thread in the "it's just for fun" department, trying to defend a belief that it might just really happpen makes you look silly.
    Somehow im not afraid of that outcome and its consequences

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 05:07 PM ----------

doubt I am going to give birth to the messiah, and i doubt that zombies will rise to terrorize the earth. Sure both COULD happen, but i'm not going to take the chances anything like seriously or prepare in anyway for either occurrence.
    I actually stated that as the first point in this discussion ^^

What makes a zombie apocalypse/outbreak so ludicrous in your eyes ?

Im not saying you need to prepare for it and treat it as a serious threat.

Diseases that induce zombie like states exist already, crossbreeding said disease allowing it to be airborne for whatever sort of purpose is a possibility.
    Would an outbreak of that kind result into the worldwide state described in films ? probably not.
    Could it result into some people having to experience something akin to it ? definitely.
    I agree. It is definetely a possibility that say 10-thousand people in a confined area are forcefed bathsalts. That would be reminiscent of a zombie apocalypse.

How many people do you think would go fight a mob of drug crazed loonies with a katana, no matter how sharp. Be realistic.