Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I tried the demo and just couldn't get into it. The combat was my biggest issue, and I do enjoy the actiony rpg type games before anyone hates on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was fun while it lasted, in a cheesy sort of way, but I finished it only because I wanted to see how the story turned out. Meteor Swarm mages one-shotting everything save the final boss (mechanics prevent a one-shot there) kind of make combat utterly pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    i keep hearing : its what fable 3 shouldve been
    ive tried the demo on the pc and 360 and i probarly will buy it someday but i think ill wait till its gone down quite a bit

I bought KoA on release. The only thing that is fun about that game is the combat / specs. The first zone was very fun and entertaining, however when I got to the new zone it was just the same thing. The main story is lackluster and the side quests are worse than vanilla wow quests. Not to mention IF you do the side quests, you completely faceroll everything because you vastly outlevel / outgear the zone even on the hardest difficulty.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    KoA:R was Ok at best.
    I honestly couldn't even call it mediocre, it is just so bland and generic from beginning to end. The combat is fun for an hour or 2, but you soon end up hitting nothing but 1 or 2 attacks that you will use for the rest of the game. The story is EXTREMELY generic, but you can't really expect anything else from R.A. Salvatore. The enemies are cool the first time you see them, but killing the exact same 5 or so enemy models for the first 30 hours of the game made me want to pull my hair out in boredom. The zones are WAY too big and lifeless, so you spend the majority of your time running from point A to point B over and over. There are many areas that will give you a mundane quest that you have to walk for 5 to 10 mins just to get to. WoW equivalent: Imagine running from Org to Crossroads, or Stormwind to Redridge just to kill 10 Boars and then have to run back to turn in the quest... For nearly every quest in the game.
    Seriously if you are thinking about getting this game don't waste you time or money. If you catch it on Steam for $10 or in the bargain bin at your local game store then go for it, but it really isn't worth more than that.
    Last edited by Zenotetsuken; 2012-06-13 at 04:10 AM.

Nice Graphics, amazing combat.

Remove comparison with Diablo :P It has nothing to do with ARPG.

I was really interested in this title until found out how combat system works. And combat system is "make or break" the game, as it is big part of gameplay.

Some like to hack and slash and care about stats, some like arcade way of dodging stuff and hitting mobs. And in last case if game calls itself as RPG, there is also usually a huge imbalance, due to most stats, except offensive to some degree, meaning nearly nothing.

What in God's name does Kingdoms of Amular have in common with Diablo? I can't even...

OT: KOA was pretty awful, IMO. Console action game. Whatever.

comparing KoA to skyrim is a disgrace
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

It is basically a Fable clone. It was fun, but the story left alot to be desired and the quests were basically 'go to where the arrow is and kill everything until you find the glowing object, then quicktravel back to the quest giver'. I was loving being a mage until meteor just oneshot entire packs, changed to rogue and finished up the place. Had the problem of the first 3 zones or so being huge then the last few just funneling you through to the end.

The first 5-6 hours are well worth the money though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It did not seem worth 60 bucks when I demo'd it. The voice acting was lame, the facial animations didn't even match the speech (even though they tried) and once again our Hero was completely silent. The GUI had problems and the storyline just didn't seem very well done.

The combat was fun and exciting but I don't buy an RPG just for combat. A true RPG has a good strong story and storytelling, stunning visuals, worlds to explore, choices to make, as well as a good combat system.

I was not impressed by the demo and I will not spend more than $15 on it. If that means I won't own it, too fucking bad.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hated the game, probably because characters were voiced by robots...