Are my computer parts compatible with one another?

Hello everyone,

This is my first time building my own computer, and I would really like some expert advice as to whether these parts are all compatible with each other, and if this seems like a good build for running games like Skryim and Guild Wars 2 on high settings.

Case: COUGAR Solution Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with 12cm COUGAR TURBINE HYPER-SPIN Bearing Silent Fan and USB 3.0

Motherboard: GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

Optical: LITE-ON Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model iHDS118-04 - OEM

RAM: G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ

Hard Drive: Seagate Constellation ES ST3500514NS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Video Card: EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Is there anything else I need for a computer to run properly at this point (Fans, cooling, etc.)? Does this all fit in my case as well?

Thank you all very much for your input.

They are.. not compatible.
    The processor and the motherboard don't match. So they wouldn't fit.
    I'd pair up the motherboard with an i5 2300 or an i5 3570 instead

The choices are also rather lopsided. For RAM, I'd opt for 2x4GiB instead of 2x1. I'd also get something a bit better than the GTX 550 Ti.
    Do you have a budget in mind?

Here are the modifications to my build, how does it look?

EVGA 012-P3-1570-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K
    Last edited by TR3UE; 2012-05-29 at 06:33 AM.

I'm assuming you mean USD.

Change the motherboard to an ASrock z77 Extreme4, costing half, being equally good for your purposes.
    I'm not familiar with your suggested case, but I'd shell out for an Arc Midi. You won't need additional fans to it.
    CPU, i5 3570, i5 2500K or i5 3570K
    This video card? 229.99 after Mail in rebate.
    This RAM.
    This Harddrive.

Should be enough to fit the the Operating System as well
    (Keep the PSU and optical)

This build should be more akin to what you need, hopefully for less money.

EDIT - the video card, RAM and CPU you chose works. I'd personally rather choose the video card I linked, but both will give you what you want.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-05-29 at 06:42 AM.

I really like your choices there, one thing though. Would it be okay if I kept the video card I mentioned in my second post, or would that conflict with any other parts thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by TR3UE View Post
    I really like your choices there, one thing though. Would it be okay if I kept the video card I mentioned in my second post, or would that conflict with any other parts thus far?
    Not at all! We cross-edited so it got a bit confused there for a while.

The GPU you selected is more powerful, but more expensive, draws a lot more power, and will be running warmer. This is due to being a top-dog in an older generation.
    You don't need to worry about it holding you back though, so it would be a solid choice!

Great, I am going to stick with my initial case, because I had already ordered it, and it was the shellshocker deal from Newegg. That being said, there is only one fan in the case, should I opt to buy another one or two of them? And I read something about if I start my computer with no cooling on my motherboard it would fry that and the CPU in 5 seconds. Do any of the parts I picked come with the cooling or do I have to look for that as an extra?

I would buy 1-2 fans extra and use as intakes (front, bottom or side-panel), yes.
    The CPU itself comes with a heatsink, which is its cooling device, that is fairly simple to install. It's good enough for anyone who doesn't overclock, and as long as you don't install it incorrectly (which is a hard thing to get wrong as long as you pay attention! ) it will more than be well enough to prevent it from frying.

Excellent, I really appreciate all of this advice. Not only did you just save me hundreds, but you saved me the time of ordering the wrong parts, and also amped up my power!

Thank you very very much.