Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Act III inferno, calling bullshit right here and now if you think a decent Ironman would be doable in whites/greys in hardcore. A regular white-named mob in Inferno Act II hits for about 28k on my wizard, and that's in his (crappy, albeit) gear. AFAIK, no white gear has anything on it besides armor, so you're asking someone to do this WITHOUT vitality, and without their main damage stat, and without resistances except for the passive resist you get from armor. Even then, how much armor can you get from all white pieces - like 200?

You're making an impossible challenge. 2 years, 20 years, it won't be able to be done unless the game is fundamentally redesigned. Also, you can't kite ad infinitum in Inferno for bosses, they have an enrage. The Butcher enrage is only 5 minutes, and then his whole floor lights up like the 4th of July. No way you'd beat that enrage in whites/greys.

Try again.
    I know there's enrage timers, there's enrage timers on regurlar elite packs as well. Also as i said earlier it'd be ok to be "boosted" since dodging everything is kinda difficult anyway.

btw, never say never.. u can't ever know if some chineese guy finds a way to do it

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the concept OP, but some of the restrictions are a little unrealistic. Maybe use this thread to get ideas to modify the challenge?

You can SIMPLY NOT beat enrage timers with white gear... this thread therefore would only be good to suggest modifications.
    Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnyx View Post
    I know there's enrage timers, there's enrage timers on regurlar elite packs as well. Also as i said earlier it'd be ok to be "boosted" since dodging everything is kinda difficult anyway.
    so basicly instead of the an "ironman" challenge, its a "get other people to carry you while you avoid everything that causes any damage" challenge? my bet is no one making it past nightmare trying this impossible challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boosting then whats the point of the challenge then, besides that you're not even going to try it, practice what your preach TC
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted

btw, never say never.. u can't ever know if some chineese guy finds a way to do it
    Nice ignorance.
    GL avoiding all of Diablo's AoEs on Hell, let alone Inferno, while doing enough DPS to kill him, without gear or companions or abilities.

It can't be done. Getting to 60 without gear will be hard enough.

I'm on act 3 inferno thnx. Kiting/dodging is the key
    And you can count on 5 hands how many times you've died?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

The Diablo 3 Ironman Challenge is killing Diablo on Inferno Hardcore solo with no AH-purchased gear.

The OP, on the other hand, is pointlessly impossible.

Deleted
    IRL Ironman Challenge! Defeat the Chinese Army alone, using nothing but a swiss army knife!!!
    That's impossible.
    Nothing's impossible!!!
    WELL GO AHEAD AND TRY IT YOU FUCKING THIRD-GENERATION INBRED-GRADE RETARD! FOR FUCK'S SAKE!
    I didn't say you can't use nukes, lol
    /walks out of here
    Last edited by mmoc02587ac1ee; 2012-05-29 at 09:09 AM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derp cookie View Post
    IRL Ironman Challenge! Defeat the Chinese Army alone, using nothing but a swiss army knife!!!
    That's impossible.
    Nothing's impossible!!!
    WELL GO AHEAD AND TRY IT YOU FUCKING THIRD-GENERATION INBRED-GRADE RETARD! FOR FUCK'S SAKE!
    I didn't say you can't use nukes, lol
    /walks out of here
    Pretty much the concept.

Just killing diablo on inferno would be an impressive achievement to say the least!

Deleted
    to get a hc char to lvl 60 with only white gear and 2 attacks would be the counterpart to wows iron man. HC is not like wow:s ironman as your allowed to play you char like normal just with the 1 death limit. Thats a big difference

Deleted
    Anyone getting to Diablo on Inferno-mode on Hardcore is a god already to me

Quote Originally Posted by Nheo View Post
    Anyone getting to Diablo on Inferno-mode on Hardcore is a god already to me
    I agree, best players with best gear are still far from farming Act 2 (HC) so I believe this won't come in weeks but months

is someone actually farther than Kungen in terms of progress and gear? I mean from known (streaming) guys

Deleted
    Create a hardcore character and kill Diablo on inferno.

Rules are:
    1: You can only wear gray or white gear.
    2: You can only use Left and Right mousebuttons.
    3: You can not use any followers.
    4: You can use potions.
    5: You can use healing wells.
    6: You can use shrines.

I'm not even going to attempt this myself, but i bet there's someone out there who will
    Have you even played Inferno? Because if you had you'd know this simply can not be done no matter how amazingly superduper the player in question.

Deleted
    Yeah no way this will ever be done.

And in a couple of years when some people thinks that hardcore is a walk in the park, this will be what they'll try to do next

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 07:51 AM ----------

But you're still killing diablo on normal, nm and hell, so why not go all the way and do it on inferno as well?
    Have you ever rolled a hardcore character?

or have you even played on inferno?

Kite all you want, without resistances you'll get squashed like a bug the moment you enter it. Let alone being limited two buttons and add-in the fact that two-buttons can mean no passives as well, its a meaningless endeavor to take on due to how people are farming appropriate gear to clear Act 2.

Simply beating Diablo on normal, without using anything but white armor, would be a decent little challenge.

You can't dodge EVERY SINGLE ATTACK and that's the only way to get through Hell in white gear not even saying about Inferno. I'm sorry but it just can't be done. You say you're in Act 3 so you should already know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about this kind of challenge about an hour ago, lol.

Edit: Actually, it was to level to 60, not kill Diablo on Inferno.
    Last edited by Cinnamohn; 2012-05-29 at 10:20 AM.