Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

How is elementium ore so impressively cheap nowadays?

Have they hacked it somehow? I don't know if it's an aspect of the economy I don't know.

I'm in a lightly populated realm (the past few weeks) so it might be related.

Bots are back. They can only kill them for so long. As soon as they came back, the price plummeted.

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 09:34 AM ----------

Also end of expansion sometimes tanks prices. please excuse the double post. My browser is messing with my edit post button :[

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 09:34 AM ----------

Oh hey. it consolidates double posts. WELL THEN. TRIPLE POST. GIVE ME YOUR BEST, MMO-CHAMPION!

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 09:35 AM ----------

Fine. You win. Touché.

Bots and the fact that most people have already geared so need no gems. Still a market for them but it's several orders of magnitude smaller than at the start of a raid patch. And no point stocking up, since they'll be obsolete by the next raid.

It's not like that on the serve I play on. Everything has been going up in price. Even materials from past expansions like Fel Iron ore is like 250g per stack.

Due to bots + end of expansion. Considering I'm a shuffler, I'll take the low prices as that increases profit.

Deleted
    No increased profit if it doesnt sell or prices plummet.

BOTS mean the gold farmers have found a fresh way of chaeting, but Blizz seems pretty powerless.

End of expansion, every person and their dog is using epic gems these days, rest of the time the norm gems are just used for alts and whatnot.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    Have they hacked it somehow? I don't know if it's an aspect of the economy I don't know.

I'm in a lightly populated realm (the past few weeks) so it might be related.

Bots... And no, Blizzard won't ever ban them cos they give them more money than you actually do.

How? By paying for 2 and even 3 accounts, something most of players don't do.

So yeah, they'll randomly ban those who make it way too obvious, but don't expect them to lose money because players get mad.. that's why they actually gave us way more ore points and fastest respawn timers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Bots... And no, Blizzard won't ever ban them cos they give them more money than you actually do.

So yeah, they'll randomly ban those who make it way too obvious, but don't expect them to lose money because players get mad.. that's why they actually gave us way more ore points and fastest respawn timers.
    Please. Stop talking.
    Most bots are used on "hacked" accounts, which was already paid for.

Deleted

Most bots are hacked accounts. Heck I was hacked and told I was farming whilst I was getting my account back.

@OP:
    End of expansion. Epic gems. Everyone is fully geared. Ore itself doesn't produce anything usefull at this stage of the game.
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2012-05-29 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Botters. Actually the price of ore effects many things. Enchants, gems, vicious gear and more. Ore is kind of the heart of the AH in a sense.

It was 25g a stack on SWC this weekend.... it may have been the same the weekend before as well.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

supply and demand, no demand huge supply

its below 20g/stack at my server now. a month ago, or so the average were around 50-60g/stack.

It's too near the end of the expansion.

It's hard enough to sell Gems atm, let alone Ore.

You seem to be confused. Blizzard does ban botted accounts, thousands of them. Most noticeably during their pre-expansion ban-waves.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by themonitor132 View Post
    Due to bots + end of expansion. Considering I'm a shuffler, I'll take the low prices as that increases profit.
    Ore may have gone down but enchanting mats and gems went way down as well so the profit vs time spend isn't there anymore on my realm.

On the off-topic enchanting mats: Anyone else notice that most times when you find a green, it's simply more profitable to vendor it than to DE it?
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    On the off-topic enchanting mats: Anyone else notice that most times when you find a green, it's simply more profitable to vendor it than to DE it?
    On Ravencres EU it is more profitable to vendor the green gems, and sometimes even the blue ones.

It's bots and its crazy. I bought like 1200 stacks over the weekend for 15g each...I can prospect and just cut and vendor the green jasper rings alone and make all of my money back. I'm at the point now with ore that I may have more then I'll have time prospect. My mail addon says I have 4200 unopened mails still Ugh.