Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I still say they should have given Paladin's divine Intervention as a combat res. The name makes sense, and it would give us back the spell, but without the griefing potential that the first version had.
    Giving Paladins DI as a combat res makes a lot of sense...since it is a known ability of the class. (WC3). The previous iteration had exploits, but if a battle res is so necessary that it is the Holydins Symbiosis benefit, then the spec should get a baseline version of some sort.

The previous version worked by removing the target from combat, preventing all action and killing the Paladin. Exploitable as seen in ICC.

So - add in a "cannot be Battle Ressed for X minutes after use" proviso.

And, for the Battle Res - allow that to be cast only if the paladin is dead.

So:

Divine Intervention: Removes the target player from combat and prevents all harm for three minutes or until cancelled. The target is unable to move more than 100 yards from his current location and can take no other action. Casting this spell kills the caster and prevents his resurrection under combat conditons for three minutes.

This spell can be cast if the paladin is dead, returning a dead target to life, or imbuing a life target with the Ardent Defender buff/the ability to self ressurect and preventing the paladins resurrection under battle conditions.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2012-06-02 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Man, I bet you're a blast at parties.

Asking for Blizzard to de-homogonize the game at this point is futile. The devs have gotten comfy with the removal of all interesting mechanics in order to make balancing easier on themselves, and nothing is going to change that because they're in charge of such decisions.

You know, I usually don't mind minor griefing ..... as long as raid is not in combat. But, if priests Life Grip you off the platform, during the trash and when you're the tank ..... yeah, that deserves a report.

i miss the days in gruuls when u could just di the tank and make the raid wipe for fun ^^