Deleted

How well can my "new" PC run WoW and Diablo 3? :)

I was not quite sure where to post this thread so i did it here

All I want to know is how fast you guys think my PC will be able to run wow and Diablo 3

My specs:
    Processor: Intel Core i5
    Processor speed: 3.3 GHz
    Processor Model: 2500K
    Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM
    Harddisc: 500 GB
    Number of Hard Drives:1
    Hard Drive Type: HDD
    8GB of RAM
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti. Memory size is 3072MB

you'll be fine.

That graphics card isnt that great, but I think you could get medium-high or high with those specs.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    That graphics card isnt that great, but I think you could get medium-high or high with those specs.
    Do you think it would be better if i switch it out with a Radeon HD 6950 1024 MB?

Deleted
    i can play both at medium with my 3 year old crappy laptop.
    you will do fine.

Way better, not necessarily for WoW and D3 (both very graphically lightweight), but for almost anything else, no doubt.
    Unless you play at low resolutions.

If I recall correctly, the 550Ti is enough to max D3 and keep 60fps at 1080p. The CPU is very strong for raiding in WoW. Only upgrade the GPU if you want to play other, more graphically intense titles without sacrificing to much on the eye candy.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 is a joke, you'll be fine with all of that, WoW will not be an issue either.

The GPU is not the best for gaming, but for just D3 and WoW, it won't be an issue.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Akritoo View Post
    Do you think it would be better if i switch it out with a Radeon HD 6950 1024 MB?
    Since you only play wow and diablo you shouldnt really bother, however if you play more graphically intense games like say BF3 and Skyrim then yes, it would be better.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you only play wow and diablo you shouldnt really bother, however if you play more graphically intense games like say BF3 and Skyrim then yes, it would be better.
    Since BF3 and Skyrim take more advantage of NVidia cards, I would say he should opt for a higher end NVidia card if BF3/Skyrim were ones he'd want to play, or anyone would.

I do wish they wouldn't favor one brand over the other, though.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Since BF3 and Skyrim take more advantage of NVidia cards, I would say he should opt for a higher end NVidia card if BF3/Skyrim were ones he'd want to play, or anyone would.

I do wish they wouldn't favor one brand over the other, though.
    I ran skyrim with a 6950 2gb with no problems whatsoever, same with bf3.

Deleted
    I've heard that the Radeon HD 6870 is better than the GTX 550 Ti. Is this true?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard that the Radeon HD 6870 is better than the GTX 550 Ti. Is this true?
    Far better. A 6870 is equatable (falling behind at times) to a 560 Ti.
    "A flower.

Yes, that will be much better!

You will have no problem whatsoever with max settings in D3, even while streaming. I'm pretty sure the same can be said for WoW, minus shadows (Ultra at least) most likely, due to the optimization of them being ridiculous. I'm on a Dual Core, and running an 8800 GTS 640mb and run WoW on the "Good" slider just fine, even in 25 man, and D3's settings are set to low atm (except clutter density) for max FPS. If I ran with everything on medium+ I'd still be able to play decently fine, except when there's tons of mobs then I wouldn't be having such a great time.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2012-05-29 at 06:08 PM.

I was not quite sure where to post this thread so i did it here

All I want to know is how fast you guys think my PC will be able to run wow and Diablo 3

My specs:
    Processor: Intel Core i5
    Processor speed: 3.3 GHz
    Processor Model: 2500K
    Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM
    Harddisc: 500 GB
    Number of Hard Drives:1
    Hard Drive Type: HDD
    8GB of RAM
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti. Memory size is 3072MB
    I run close to the same setup only my graphics card is .25th of a step up from you. I get 60 fps on Ultra in WoW in Org and 59-62 in 25 man raids. Also I can run D3 very smoothly so you'll be just fine.

Deleted
    So i searched around the internet abit about this Radeon 6870. And it seems like there is different versions of it. So i was wondering what the difference between Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 and the CLUB 3D Radeon PCI-E HD6870 is. Im sorry if this is a really dumb question. But im totally clueless >.<

So i searched around the internet abit about this Radeon 6870. And it seems like there is different versions of it. So i was wondering what the difference between Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 and the CLUB 3D Radeon PCI-E HD6870 is. Im sorry if this is a really dumb question. But im totally clueless >.<
    They're different manifacturers, Sapphire tends to be better, along with asus, XFX, gigabyte and most well-known manifacturers ( XFX Coolers are sometimes sketchy)
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran skyrim with a 6950 2gb with no problems whatsoever, same with bf3.
    Yes, but I also run Skyrim and BF3 on my 550ti with absolutely no issue as well. You're fine, man. It's just diablo.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.