Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Hello.
    Scenarios and Challenge modes? =/
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I don't think so. Otherwise why not add it to a later PTR then the Beta. But even if it's not a launch, my point still stands that we're getting more launch content then we have since BC.
    I think it's as it is now, because RFC is where we'll later kill Garrosh. That right now, in 5.0 it's running it as a lowbie that sets off the corruption, then we come back as 90s in heroic to see what Garrosh has sunk to (fel orcs), and then return in Siege of Orgrimmar to kill him.

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Hello.
    Scenarios and Challenge modes? =/
    I think I see what his point is. All the dungeons are leveling dungeons, there's no such thing as a "level 90 dungeon" anywhere in MoP. At least not until the first set of new heroics comes out.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to make dungeons scale with character levels on heroic mode, so we dont run into the problem of too few dungeons when an expansion commes out, and people would get to know certain old dungeons and not simply faceroll them with 10-20 levels difference.

Or simply make our gear scale down and add older dungeons as challenges aswell.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I think it's as it is now, because RFC is where we'll later kill Garrosh. That right now, in 5.0 it's running it as a lowbie that sets off the corruption, then we come back as 90s in heroic to see what Garrosh has sunk to (fel orcs), and then return in Siege of Orgrimmar to kill him.

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 09:56 AM ----------

I think I see what his point is. All the dungeons are leveling dungeons, there's no such thing as a "level 90 dungeon" anywhere in MoP. At least not until the first set of new heroics comes out.

That's alot of theory crafting and pure speculation on your part, when the more logical conclusion is that it'll be part of the launch kit.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's alot of theory crafting and pure speculation on your part, when the more logical conclusion is that it'll be part of the launch kit.
    I suppose we'll see when they release 90 (this week). If it's not listed there, I'm likely right. If it is, well then you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    They need to make dungeons scale with character levels on heroic mode, so we dont run into the problem of too few dungeons when an expansion commes out, and people would get to know certain old dungeons and not simply faceroll them with 10-20 levels difference.

Or simply make our gear scale down and add older dungeons as challenges aswell.
    i see this kinda thing on the horizon tbh

with LFR and LFG and a little bit of the challenge mode gear normalisation mechanic, you could essentially scale any player back to level 60, 70, 80 and 85 to tackle old heroics and raids as they were intended (depending on what pre-set gear levels the developers decide upon should such a thing be implemented)

it'd certainly make transmog runs a bit more interesting as well as keep all the old dungeons and raids as "current" content, but probably not wise to use them as progression content, just something like scenarios and a way to get points to buy entry level raid gear.

for example, i'd love to be able to go back and do molten core 40 man, onyxia 40, naxx 40 and AQ 40, i missed all the 40 man raids as i started in TBC, being able to use the raid finder to go back and give them a crack for some transmog gear and a bit of gold would be awesome. same for sunwell, even if it was a slightly nerfed version (to cater for the fact it was done through lfr), i'd love to be able to go back and raid it with 25 people.
    Last edited by smokii; 2012-05-29 at 03:09 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ this monkey's got it all figured out
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    ^ this monkey's got it all figured out
    i've been saying it for years!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i've been saying it for years!!
    I mean I'm no programmer but would re-statting gear to be like entry level lfr gear wouldn't be hard I don't think
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I suppose we'll see when they release 90 (this week). If it's not listed there, I'm likely right. If it is, well then you're right.
    If they release it as a 90 heroic at all. I just believe they would.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they release it as a 90 heroic at all. I just believe they would.
    That seems like a whole shit ton of remastered dungeons, kinda meh...

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I mean I'm no programmer but would re-statting gear to be like entry level lfr gear wouldn't be hard I don't think
    it's what they will be doing for challenge modes - they'll be normalising the stats on player gear, so essentially giving X player of Y class and Z spec a specific set of gear tailored to the level - for challenge modes, this will be level 90.

the challenge is to clear the dungeon in the gear that you are essentially being provided.

all they have to do is figure out X Y and Z for every previous endgame level, 60, 70, 80 and 85 and add it to the LFR/LFG as an option, the queues may take a while longer, but once the feature is in place, blizz wouldn't have to rehash any more content, they could just add more each expansion/patch.

what might have to happen, should they do such a thing, is that all the gear that drops from bosses would have to have it's stats removed and be awarded only as a transmog piece in the new "loot per player" system. but with a little bit of gold and additional justice points, the queues should remain populated as an alternative to the current progression content.

the other difficulty with such a system, is that the abilities of players have changed dramatically since these earlier dungeons/raids were designed that some mechanics would totally fail and some fights would need to be slightly re-designed, or re-tuned. but i think for the most part, people wouldn't care as long as they had the option to have a nostalgia trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    MoP starts off with the same amount of dungeons as Cata (however MoP has one extra re-make). As long as the boss fights are interesting, I suppose I'm fine with the number, considering that MoP also has much more end-game features than Cata.

It actually doesn't though. There aren't any normal versions of the level 90 dungeons, so in order to gear up for heroic dungeons people will have to quest and/or farm the same 4 normal dungeons over and over.

They made a mistake by not making the normal level 90 dungeons. Mark my words. Once people figure it out, they're gonna complain. XD

Edit: Not to mention, right now there are currently only 8 usable normal mode items that drop for holy paladins, and 2 of them are repeats without spirit. Definitely not enough loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i see this kinda thing on the horizon tbh

with LFR and LFG and a little bit of the challenge mode gear normalisation mechanic, you could essentially scale any player back to level 60, 70, 80 and 85 to tackle old heroics and raids as they were intended (depending on what pre-set gear levels the developers decide upon should such a thing be implemented)

it'd certainly make transmog runs a bit more interesting as well as keep all the old dungeons and raids as "current" content, but probably not wise to use them as progression content, just something like scenarios and a way to get points to buy entry level raid gear.

for example, i'd love to be able to go back and do molten core 40 man, onyxia 40, naxx 40 and AQ 40, i missed all the 40 man raids as i started in TBC, being able to use the raid finder to go back and give them a crack for some transmog gear and a bit of gold would be awesome. same for sunwell, even if it was a slightly nerfed version (to cater for the fact it was done through lfr), i'd love to be able to go back and raid it with 25 people.
    You nail it in there, but I'd like to highlight my big issue with the idea.

but probably not wise to use them as progression content
    The easiest solution would be to just have it give JP/VP, but then you run into people farming old raids to get a benefit in the current tier.... It turns into a nightmare quickly where the players twist any benefit into a mandatory progression tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair, Blizz has said nothing about a level 90 RFC dungeon at any time and we have seen no evidence of it either in Datamining and such, so you're kinda speculating just as hard. My guess is that if there hasn't been anything said thus far, it won't be in at ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just logged into beta and found my LFG is broken. It's displaying everything avaliable.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...912_112409.jpg

No heroic RFC. But it seems only 4 of the new dungeons are for leveling, the last 4 are for 90s.

Also have the list of scenarios for later.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well to be fair, Blizz has said nothing about a level 90 RFC dungeon at any time and we have seen no evidence of it either in Datamining and such, so you're kinda speculating just as hard. My guess is that if there hasn't been anything said thus far, it won't be in at ship.

Touche. Just don't know why they'd go through the trouble of revamping a super low level. We're both probably wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    It actually doesn't though. There aren't any normal versions of the level 90 dungeons, so in order to gear up for heroic dungeons people will have to quest and/or farm the same 4 normal dungeons over and over
    I could have sworn that they said that you didn't need to farm normal dungeons just so you can do heroic dungeons in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by pacapaca View Post
    I think we've heard that one before...
    Dude, you say that like it doesn't happen all the time, which it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I could have sworn that they said that you didn't need to farm normal dungeons just so you can do heroic dungeons in MoP.
    you didnt need to in Cata either, fully quested Uldum/TH and done all dungeon quests was enough to get 329 ilev, We were running heroics the same day Cata launched.