Deleted

Balance Druid - Which Professions

Greetings,

I am about to start leveling some professions with my Balance Druid.

My question is: Which professions would support my class the best?

I've been reading the Moonkin Guide :: 4.3 Edition, but what should I go for if I would like DPS and to earn some gold here and there.

So far, I've been recommended mining and blacksmithing for the ekstra socket and the ability to sell ores.

I would like to hear your pros and cons.
    Thanks!

I run LW / engineering on my balance druid. Synapse springs has nice synergy with eclipse - though it loses value if you are using an on-use trinket.

I wouldn't consider that combination good for moneymaking tho. Should think about what other professions you already have on other toons to answer that question. If this is your first / only toon I'd suggest herbalism / alchemy.

Deleted
    On my other characters I run Herbalism/Inscription and Jewelcrafting/Tailoring.

Deleted
    Engineer & Enchanter on my moonkin.

Engineering cause i love gadgets, and enchanting to make a bit of gold.

In terms of optimization for dps min/maxing, Blacksmithing (+100 int with epic gems) and Tailoring (+580 int proc on cloak) are the best.

-Inscription, Enchanting, Leatherworking, Alchemy all give passive +80 int, so you can freely pick any of these without being concerned. Plenty of gold potential in all of them, although personal experience says enchanting is the most profitable.
    -JC is +81 int assuming you don't use epic gems, but if you use full epic gems, the bonus is only +67 int. Some gold potential, although you either need a miner or a decent amount of starting gold to get this one going.
    -Engineering, as someone mentioned already, is roughly 80 int averaged over time, but the effect can be used at optimal times meaning the performance will be slightly better. (keep in mind though that the glove tinker triggers the lockout for on-use trinkets as well, so be careful if you have on-use trinkets). It is worth mentioning that the other tinkers (parachute and nitro-boosts) are extremely convenient in some situations, including some raid encounters. Also, both are extremely beneficial while leveling, especially considering that in MoP, flying will be impossible below level 90. Not a lot of gold potential here though.
    -Mining provides 0 dps benefit. All gathering professions have similar gold potential, can make money but usually not as profitable as crafting in terms of gold per time investment.
    -Skinning is a small dps boost as crit is relatively weak.
    -Herbalism's 480 haste on-use is quite nice, although won't compete with the intellect bonus of crafting professions.

Given the choices, I would probably go herbalism/inscription. The bonuses are not optimal, but they are far better than something like Mining/JC (the weakest combination right now apart from mining/skinning). Herbalism and Inscription both have solid profit potential, especially going into MoP when a lot of people are likely to be leveling new characters (lots of money from glyphs). not to mention you'll be able to make the next tier of darkmoon cards in MoP which tend to be quite powerful and sell very well.

That's just my 2 cents. Obviously, plenty of other combinations work.
    Last edited by Kurzior; 2012-05-29 at 05:52 PM.

I'd consider what professions your other characters have and try to get them to work together.

My druid is herb/mining and I'll never change it...especially now that you can track both at the same time. You used to have to spam a macro between herb/ore back in the day.

On my other characters I run Herbalism/Inscription and Jewelcrafting/Tailoring.

Given those professions, the ones that would serve you best financially would be alchemy, enchanting and mining. Alchemy and enchanting are both solid raiding professions.

But as mentioned, druids are exceptional gatherers. You probably wouldn't regret mining / herbalism on the druid. That would allow you to swap enchanting or alchemy in for herbalism on your inscription character.

Deleted
    Go with what you like.

I found out it annoys me that I have LW and Alchemy on my main. LW was picked as proffession back in the days where there was drums to be used for raiding and patterns and crafts where BoP. Personally I'm missing enchanting, since your main will probably be the one with most epics/blues to shard = greater profit.

I just can't get myself to replace my proffessions, since I have nearly all recipes in my current proffessions.

Anyways, if you have other toons for farming, I would say Enchanting/JC or Enchanting/LW. If you need a farming proffession I'd go with mining/JC.

Purely dps proffesion, will be tailoring and BS in the current state of the game I think. However BS will only win by 20 intellect overall (Not sure if its the correct number)