Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger Ideas.

So, this has been on my mind since I got to level 90, I'm currently using Invoke Xuen as my level 90 talent and I thought of something that in my opinion, would be really cool, now, here's what I had in mind. Instead of it just being Xuen, why not make it vary from Windwalker, Mistweaver, and Brewmaster. Like, Windwalkers will get Xuen for DPS, Mistweavers will get the Jade Serpent for Healing, and Brewmasters will get Niuzao.

Mistweaver's would get the Jade Serpent, which the Jade Serpent will be able to heal raid members and party members with the lowest health and heal the Monk for X amount of how much was healed.

Brewmasters will get Niuzao, which gives the Monk a guard buff and increases threat generated, also, Niuzao will stun up to 5 enemies in front of him and the Monk.

Just some thoughts I had, but what do you think? I think it would be cool if the spell varied with your specs.

Official Post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5621029438#1

Deleted
    Yeah I had the same idea a while ago, hope it gets implemented.

I dunno if I'd want to have an Ox statue AND an Ox spirit summon. And all of the ideas you gave for Brewmaster are repetitive. (Leg Sweep for the stun, and we have the statue for extra Guards, so why would we need another source of Guard? And threat isn't an issue for tanks right now either...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, when Invoke was first released as a talent, the same idea was floated, it was good then, it's still good now.

just call it 'Invoke Celestial' and like Paladin's Guardian of Ancient Kings, have it change by spec.

I don't like your brewmaster Idea though as threat is a nonissue now, and I can see an uncontrollable stun being a bad thing.

Sadly if this DID happen, I can see blizz copping out, and give brewmasters 'Reduces all damage taken by 50%' same as they did with GAnK.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Aye, when Invoke was first released as a talent, the same idea was floated, it was good then, it's still good now.

just call it 'Invoke Celestial' and like Paladin's Guardian of Ancient Kings, have it change by spec.

I don't like your brewmaster Idea though as threat is a nonissue now, and I can see an uncontrollable stun being a bad thing.

Sadly if this DID happen, I can see blizz copping out, and give brewmasters 'Reduces all damage taken by 50%' same as they did with GAnK.
    Actually, if you checked out the Official Post I linked, someone brought up calling it "Invoke August Celestial"

And yeah, but remember, the whole Threat thing for Brewmaster, it was just an idea and seeing how I rarely Tank, I'm not a pro Tank but I'm good nonetheless :P

Deleted
    I want this to happen.

As much as a gaint ox off tanking in a 5 man or raid would be I don't care much for the idea as a brewmaster I like having a DPS cd to help kill the boss faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    Actually, if you checked out the Official Post I linked, someone brought up calling it "Invoke August Celestial"

And yeah, but remember, the whole Threat thing for Brewmaster, it was just an idea and seeing how I rarely Tank, I'm not a pro Tank but I'm good nonetheless :P
    Sorry, didn't see the thread, nice name though, I'd be onside for that.

Fair enough, well I've been a tank since WoW started, I'm still not that great though ....
    Sadly since the massive threat buff, threat is a non-issue, so Blizz is focusing more on 'active mitigation' therefore if Monks DID get IAC, it would probably be something along those lines... maybe 'Summons Niuzao, the Black Ox, while Niuzao is active, all Stagger will stack on him, not you, lasts for 15 seconds, when Niuzao returns to the Celestial Plane, he will inflict damage equal to his total stagger spread among all enemies in range.'

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    All of this talk about August Celestials and monks made me realize something...
    Where's the Red Crane love ?
    They could have made it a 4th sub-spec like Feral druids have. There are even Crane style monks in-game ! Huge missed opportunity here Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahnjin View Post
    All of this talk about August Celestials and monks made me realize something...
    Where's the Red Crane love ?
    They could have made it a 4th sub-spec like Feral druids have. There are even Crane style monks in-game ! Huge missed opportunity here Blizz.
    Mentioned that on the official post :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess balancing 3 new spec is already some piece of work. Especially with a spec as peculiar as the MW.
    But yeah, 4th spec for many classes could be really interesting (I really hope we see, one day, a tank or healer Warlock !).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    I dunno if I'd want to have an Ox statue AND an Ox spirit summon
    This is what kind of gave me an idea. The summon spell could be something like:

Invoke August Celestial
    "Invokes the spirit of an August Celestial, causing it to animate your statue which will fight for you for XX seconds. The spirit gains an ulterior ability aside from the ones it had before. After the effect ends, the spirit will transform back into a statue, placing itself where you summoned it." etc etc etc.

I don't like playing invent-a-spell so I'll leave the actual ideas of the additional effects to Blizzard, but the general idea could be something like this.

What I realize, though, is that if something like this would actually be implemented, it shouldn't keep being a talent as it would be obviously too strong and most likely mandatory. Especially if placed next to Jade Wind and Torpedo.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually a really cool idea and tbh I think they need to give that to us as our level 90 move, instead of that godawful P.o.s. we have now .

Although for that to work we'd need to give Windwalkers back their Tiger Statue, which vanished a while back.