Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Brewmaster Chry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,380

    [Spoilers] Binding of Isaac expasion! Woo!

    Release Date: May 28th (US:5/28/12 EU:28/5/12)


    Binding of Isaac is an amazing game that I really cannot get enough of. So, you can imagine my shock when I figured out an expansion was announced. Not only was it announced, it is going to be coming out within the next month. Hurray!

    So apparently, this new expansion will include:

    • 10+ bosses
    • 100+ items
    • 20+ enemies
    • 4 chapters
    • 1 character
    • 6 rooms
    • 40unlocks
    • 4+ new tracks
    • New final ending

    And with all of that new stuff, it will only cost $3.

    They have been working on this expansion longer than the actual game, and they are selling it for $2 less than the original price! I love indie developers.

    So who else is looking forward to this? I know I am : )

    Some screenshots:











    Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471643
    Last edited by Chry; 2012-05-13 at 12:30 AM.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer CheezusCrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nuuk, Greenland
    Posts
    3,339
    Sweet tits, I've played this game for 11 hours according to Steam, loved every single minute of it.

    I'm definately getting this, the music makes me keep coming back =)
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | EVGA GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer CheezusCrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nuuk, Greenland
    Posts
    3,339
    Update on the DLC:
    The DLC is to be released on the 28th of May, a trailer have also showed up.

    IF YOU'RE EPILEPTIC, DON'T WATCH IT.
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | EVGA GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8

  4. #4
    Epic! Xothic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,509
    Holy shit tits im pumped. I have clocked just over 78 hours of BoI on steam, bloody love this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

  5. #5
    Brewmaster Waervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark/Netherlands/Finland
    Posts
    1,395
    I'll definitely buy it. It's a game I play on and off, and already have quite a lot of hours in it.

    Still suck at it though =)

  6. #6
    Oh my God...

    Definitely buying this, can NOT wait. I've put something like 70 hours in, love the game to death.

    Thanks for the head's up, OP. I knew it was coming, just didn't know it was this close. <3

  7. #7
    Brewmaster Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Between my chair and keyboard
    Posts
    1,417
    Binding of Isaac is an awesome game. Every time I hear the narration at the beginning it sends a shiver down my spine.

  8. #8
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,473
    Definitely gonna be picking this up.

    Any idea if they've gone back and fixed the performance issues?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer CheezusCrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nuuk, Greenland
    Posts
    3,339
    Which performance issues?

    If you mean the engine having FPS drops with massive amounts of blood then I'm afraid nope
    i5-4670k 4.2GHz | EVGA GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 256GB 840 EVO | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Steelseries Rival | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Which performance issues?
    This. I've never experienced any issues (nor have I heard of any), and I've logged 60+ hours in.

    So...just when is "late May"? It can't come sooner...

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    This. I've never experienced any issues (nor have I heard of any), and I've logged 60+ hours in.

    So...just when is "late May"? It can't come sooner...
    If there is lots of clutter (lots of tears, blood, bees, mobs and shit), people with slower CPUs can face heavy slowdowns due to the engine itself, which is if I recall correctly, made in Flash, and Flash is highly inefficient.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

  12. #12
    Pit Lord BoomChickn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Some place
    Posts
    2,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    If there is lots of clutter (lots of tears, blood, bees, mobs and shit), people with slower CPUs can face heavy slowdowns due to the engine itself, which is if I recall correctly, made in Flash, and Flash is highly inefficient.
    Yeah it's flash.

    The only thing I hope is that it provides like a side path, rather than heading after Sheol. I get kind of bored by then when I am playing.

    Judging by the fact he isn't insanely deformed by then. I have to assume it is a side path.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral Imhullu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,113
    I haven't even started this game for fear of getting completely sucked in.

    I've a backlog and not enough time for it.
    D3 is 4 days away, and I'm not even ready to devote my life to that!

  14. #14
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    If there is lots of clutter (lots of tears, blood, bees, mobs and shit), people with slower CPUs can face heavy slowdowns due to the engine itself, which is if I recall correctly, made in Flash, and Flash is highly inefficient.
    Yup. I've tried some workarounds and none of them work. It doesn't make the game unplayable but it's really annoying for everything to run at 2 FPS because Flash can't handle all the stuff that's happening on one screen :P
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    MMOC IRC!

  15. #15
    Pit Lord BoomChickn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Some place
    Posts
    2,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    I haven't even started this game for fear of getting completely sucked in.

    I've a backlog and not enough time for it.
    D3 is 4 days away, and I'm not even ready to devote my life to that!
    It gets you riding the gear train pretty quick. Have to beat the game once to unlock the next chapter, then beat the game (including that) 10 times to unlock another, and then beat the boss in that chapter with every single character to unlock all of the items.

    Which then you find randomly. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

  16. #16
    woot! Did not expect this at all...

  17. #17
    Hmm, this looks disturbing.


    I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

  18. #18
    while i'm sure the game has great gameplay and is enjoyable, i'm just likely to get sick from general aestethics. even looking at the screenshots makes me feel slightly squeazy... it's not a game for me.

  19. #19
    Dreadlord fartman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tall Grass
    Posts
    870
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Update on the DLC:
    The DLC is to be released on the 28th of May, a trailer have also showed up.

    IF YOU'RE EPILEPTIC, DON'T WATCH IT.
    I have epilepsy and watched the whole video you are ignorant its being photosensitive that causes those type of seizures and generally people with epilipsy are photosensitive.

  20. #20
    Brewmaster Chry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    while i'm sure the game has great gameplay and is enjoyable, i'm just likely to get sick from general aestethics. even looking at the screenshots makes me feel slightly squeazy... it's not a game for me.
    Yeah, the game is an acquired taste. It has some pretty heavy, twisted religious themes (centering around Christianity), but it isn't incredibly graphic.

    Here's the intro for the game:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •