Deleted

New Shaman Totem Idea!

Hello Everyone, its not usually I post here, but since I am no longer allowed on the forums, I will be posting here from now on.

O'k to get started, this idea is purely out of boredness, thinking, and excitement. And I would like anyone to like my idea. Here we go

Problems with Totems:
    ~ They stay in the one place, they get 1 shotted, and are destroyed, outdated and boring, essentially.
    ~ The searing totem is just out of question, its clunky, and probably one of the worst problems right now.

So I had an idea, and here it is

Name: Call of the Elementals, ( Instead of Totems )
    What it does: Instead of calling Totems, you call 4 elementals to guide you for 5 minutes ( Normal Totem duration )
    These elementals will follow you in formation. Ofc these Elementals will be just like totems, and obviously a buffed version, since Totems are crap anyway

Now, this may sound crazy, but its just an idea, Things this could possibly fix:
    ~ Totem health, this is a great chance to buff the elementals health.
    ~ Totem Placement: No need to keep placing totems, ( Elementals follow you ) in formation like I said
    ~ You can summon all four at once, Water, Earth, Air, Water
    ~ Would be alot more fun to have elementals following you, then you would feel like a real shaman.
    ~ It can also fix the way the searing totem works, by you getting to control what target that specific elemental attacks!

So what I'm basiclly saying here is, instead of having those boring buff totems, we could have strong elemental moving totems that follow us and don't have 5 hp.

It could just replace totems altogether,

Now see this now, this idea is for MoP, and I don't see where it would fit, when you get these elementals etc, I might leave someone who likes the idea to do that, because I don't know Talents very well.

~ Replace Totems with Elementals that follow you and provide the same uses:

Healing Stream Totem: Water elemental that heals you for a specific amount
    Searing flame totem: Fire elemental which attacks, but you can choose who it attacks.
    Wrath of air Totem: Air elemental which could slow enemies, but I'm not sure on this one.
    Stoneskin totem: Earth Elemental which provides you with an Earth Shield, or protects you with a shield etc.

So guys, thanks for reading, hope I get alot of responses, and I hope you like my idea. Thanks alot in Advance

Big Picture of Elementals
    Last edited by mmoc63fa3da953; 2012-05-29 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Please dont post large images, use thumbnails

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this would be a cool idea for a 5min cd or something to turn certain totems into elementals, but not a total replacement. Would be confusing to control 4 diff elementals when you might want Searing to target one person by following them, while Ebind stationary to snare a group. I agree that totems should have more health (since they aren't as easy to replace anymore w/ longer cds).....something like 5%HP w/ glyph for another 5%, or passive defense that absorbs 2-3 direct hits before dying. But the stationary part should stay since that's a big defining point for totems, just like statues or war banners.

And Searing totem as a DPS totem is fine IMO, I think the problem is really Searing Flames and LL's damage being tied to it, instead of thru shaman abilities (which is what it should be). If they changed how SF stacked I don't think anyone would really complain about having to use ST anymore. It's true that it's passive and doesn't fit the new theme of certain totems, but it's important to still have some of the old, no cd and easily replaceable totems as well as atleast one totem to drop everytime you fight.

If Totems got a buff to their base defenses (either 5%hp or absorb few attacks), plus SF/ST mechanic changed to not rely on totem or be a buff instead of debuff, then I'd be pretty satisfied with totems. Only thing to add would be maybe some new and interesting totems for water, fire, and maybe one more air totem. Alternatively for defense, maybe bring Stoneclaw back as a spell on 30sec cd that gives you and your totems a small shield.

Deleted
    It can fix Totems' weakness, as many other ideas can, but of course i think in MoP it will be the exact same as it been in Cata, Shaman devs wont listen (gods knows why, soo easy to fix, just needs some will..) and the class will end up begin sh**ty once again, someone might respond ''I like the way it is'' then you like bad design. Just look at news (blue posts) if they dont start talking/fixing something then they will leave it exactly the way it is, same happend for Ret and Enh in Cata, they gave two fixes here and there at the end of the beta.

This is why i rolled a Paladin, no more bunny hopping Blizzard to fix my class and having rolled one that is very much looked into you'll have always one spec comptitive while the other 2 might not quite be up to the standard (ex: Holy in Cata while ret sucked pretty much).

Buff totems have already been removed in MoP, meaning that there's no more "drop and forget" totems except for Searing. Everything else is some form of cooldown, meaning that you won't be dropping 4 totems at once ever again.

Your idea is obsolete I am afraid, since pretty much every totem bar searing is going to be short duration anyway.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zylya View Post
    Buff totems have already been removed in MoP except for Searing.
    Thats exactly the only totem they needed to fix. Everytime you drop it you just hope for the love of god its starts firing immediately at the right target.

Quote Originally Posted by tweaker View Post
    Thats exactly the only totem they needed to fix. Everytime you drop it you just hope for the love of god its starts firing immediately at the right target.
    A better fix would be to remove it since it's a fire-and-forget totem, and therefore, imo at least, it doesn't belong with the new totem paradigm of powerful cooldowns

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tweaker View Post
    Or you use Flame Shock properly and it's 100% guaranteed to fire immediately at the right target, even on live.

I have issues with Searing Totem in MoP, since it's an always-up totem in a sea of cooldown-oriented totems, and provides little secondary benefit to Elemental in particular, but the targeting is fine.