Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

IDENTIFYING 69 RARES AT ONCE! Bad RNG is Bad*Video*

Did a little RNG test and identified 69 Inferno rares all at once. Only received 3 "decent" items out of 69, most of which were all well below level 60 item quality.

Just trying to show that loot stats seriously need to be buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG rares are RNG.

When the entire point of the game is to find good RNG items, do you really expect to get a sizeable number of good ones out of such a small sample size? Christ, did you even play D2 before LoD?

69 rares is about 3 hours of farming, which is not that much for 3 <decent items> anyway.

And besides, rng is rng.

Since you saved all the rares and solved them at the same time the game should of rewarded you by making them really good.

Oh wait RNG doesn't work that way does it =/
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    This is what will keep people playing for months on end, possibly years. If you are able to farm the best available gear for your chosen main character in a matter of weeks, there is little point in playing the game as it currently stands, apart from on another character.

While I agree with RNG. Inferno should NOT drop level 50 or even lower loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    While I agree with RNG. Inferno should NOT drop level 50 or even lower loot.
    This is the main thing I was trying to get at. RNG is RNG sure, I get it, but why is the highest difficulty int he game dropping lower level item quality loot.

People didnt play Diablo 2. make these threads.

Thanks for the lolz... Seriously.

I agree that the itemization on certain items (weapons specifically) is retarded, but apparently that's just how this game works.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    This is the main thing I was trying to get at. RNG is RNG sure, I get it, but why is the highest difficulty int he game dropping lower level item quality loot.
    Because then there's a greater pool of items making it even more random.

No they don't. That's just bad luck. It's how the game is. It's totally possible to get crap drops for 4 months.

Buckle up. This game is meant to last years, and part of why Diablo games can is from the sheer huge random element it has to it. The average plebeian is not going to beat the item game in 4 weeks. And probably not for many months, either.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Did a little RNG test and identified 69 Inferno rares all at once. Only received 3 "decent" items out of 69, most of which were all well below level 60 item quality.

I don't think it does. You aren't suppose to have BiS items in a couple weeks. This game is built around a long long long gear grind.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    In Diablo2 you constantly got items from normal difficulty even in Hell. Just be glad that the itemlevel is still higher than 5.

If act 1 dropped only 60 items it would be too easy/too good of a farming spot.

Diablo is a farm game, the core of the game is basically farm, farm, farm. The action house has a big part of how items drop now too, the game expects you to buy some upgrades here and there.

There is a blue post somewhere about if drops too awesome across the board the AH would be too flooded and blah blah ect. Go find it yourself if you care to read it.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted

RNG is part of the game, besides, the dude in the video dissed a few items that were good,
    Last edited by mmoc9804b1efc7; 2012-05-29 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Key word: Act 1 Rares.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    People didnt play Diablo 2. make these threads.
    QFT. At least the option of the AH will sooth many people....Until they complain about prices
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

RNG is RNG, everything is going to be random. That's why every single main stat does something for everyone. Granted classes will want 1 primary stat, all of them do have some use at least. Str increases armor, dex increases dodge, int increases resist, and vit increases life. I only mention that in the video because the guy is saying items such as a bow with int is completely useless. While it's not nearly as good as a bow with dex it's not completely useless either.

This isn't limited to just Inferno. All of the difficulties have items that drop about ten levels below your current level/area's levels. For instance in Act 2 NM I got items that I would have barely accepted at their appropriate level in act 3 of Normal. I've had to turn to the AH to get my upgrades, and I am fully aware that this is Blizzard's intended plan - instead of getting items we could use on our own, we're beholden to the AH, and soon to be RMAH, which will be all profit to Blizzard at our expense.

I'm in Act 2 Hell right now and I have a 913 DPS 2H mace for my Wizard. I've got a listed DPS rating of 9913.15. These are Act 2 weapons form Inferno that I'm wielding. And I feel like I'm barely cutting in in act 2 in hell. It's all a chicken and the egg game and Blizzard's looking to rake in the profits from it.

I have no problem with either version of the AH. I do have a problem with the fact that I can't find any gear worthy of keeping me alive and functional in my current area of progression, wherever that may be, until I'm at least two acts past my current area of progression. That's what is moronic about the itemization system.