Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    For those complaining that it's act one, I have actually gone through quite a bit of act 2 inferno and that was dropping the same crappy low level quality loot.
    Of course it will. I can give you an Act 4 inferno Save point to Diablo and let you go smash your head on mobs in act 4 and you still get lower level shit dropping from mobs and bosses like level 57 shitty fist weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
    This isn't limited to just Inferno. All of the difficulties have items that drop about ten levels below your current level/area's levels. For instance in Act 2 NM I got items that I would have barely accepted at their appropriate level in act 3 of Normal. I've had to turn to the AH to get my upgrades, and I am fully aware that this is Blizzard's intended plan - instead of getting items we could use on our own, we're beholden to the AH, and soon to be RMAH, which will be all profit to Blizzard at our expense.
    ^^^ Another person who didn't play DII. You didn't farm most of your awesome gear in DII, you traded with other people, because perfect/near perfect items are *RARE*. The AH just makes it easier to trade, and there are a ton of people playing right now farming gear to sell.

I love that the first shoulders was actually better then the ones you were using, but you still sold them :P You should have actually gone through the items instead of bashing on them straight away. You sold a pair of shoulders with more armor, more gold find and free int + healt orb bonus because of your attitude towards the RNG
    Last edited by Sylf; 2012-05-29 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those complaining that it's act one, I have actually gone through quite a bit of act 2 inferno and that was dropping the same crappy low level quality loot.
    Prolly because blizzard wanted to screw you over with even more rng, so you don't only have to win the "perfect stats" lottery, you have to win the "level" lottery too. Keep on farming, maybe someday you find your desired items, until then, trade or cry in a corner, it's diablo, accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarah View Post
    This is what will keep people playing for months on end, possibly years. If you are able to farm the best available gear for your chosen main character in a matter of weeks, there is little point in playing the game as it currently stands, apart from on another character.
    unfortunately what Snarah said is correct. Its always been blizzards gaming philosophy to make people farm for gear with better stats, they do it in WoW and its carried on into D3. Bottom line is you always should be grinding, grinding and grinding for gear upgrades and people are hooked on getting an item that is better.

Unfortunately the scaling in WoW is completely out of control. The stats on items is ridiculous, hopefully D3 won't turn out this way.

Deleted
    With item drops blizzard balanced the AH in it because else the market would tank because everyone would find the good items themselfs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    unfortunately what Snarah said is correct. Its always been blizzards gaming philosophy to make people farm for gear with better stats, they do it in WoW and its carried on into D3. Bottom line is you always should be grinding, grinding and grinding for gear upgrades and people are hooked on getting an item that is better.

Unfortunately the scaling in WoW is completely out of control. The stats on items is ridiculous, hopefully D3 won't turn out this way.
    No. They did it in DI, it carried into DII, and it has been upheld in DIII. WoW has nothing to do with it, Diablo predates WoW by a good number of years. I wish people would stop making comments that make it seem as though Diablo was modeled after WoW to some extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    More like OP is bad at stats. 69 is actually a tiny tiny sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Yes and as I said before... that's iLvL not Level. The guy you quoted was regarding item dropping that ARE sub-level 60, meaning below level 60.

Following your example, people go to ZG and ZA to lose their leveling gear, and gain level 85 gear. Then go to the Twilight Herocis to get level 90 gear which is not the case. They go from ZG and ZA to the Twilights to gain better gear for a level 85 at a higher iLvL.

bowchikabow was referring to the fact that you go into Inferno which is built for level 60 only and you still get gear that a level 50-59 w/e class can use.
    While I do regret saying Ilvl as of course you need an Ilvl to get into the instance but as you started people go into ZG to lose their leveling gear. and is ZG not a level 85 Instance only last time i checked my level 84 could not get in, on top of that if inferno is intended for level 60's only Shouldn't act 4 hell drop level 60 ONLY gear while being slightly under par compared to other gear to allow you to do act 1 inferno?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veroly View Post
    Hardly wrong, lets use Say Zg and ZA 5 man Cata heroics as an example shall we, they're intended to be level 85 heroics correct? Now let's use them as Act one inferno. lets use the new twilight Cata 5 man's as Act 2 inferno. people still go into Act 1 inferno or in our case ZG and ZA with shitty gear they had from quests if their Ilvl lets them pass and lets face it ZA and ZG have a pretty low standard on the Ilvl requirement. Now We progress in ZA and ZG we want to move up in the world, So we hit up Act 2 " twilight heroic's " now by this stage you would be using alot of ZA and ZG gear in fact you should be full ZA and ZG gear but Some bits might not drop so where do you go in wow to be able to do twilight easier........................... the AH!!!!!!! or what do you do? go back to ZA and ZG and fill those slots!!!!

Get my example now?

I am going to try very hard to not simply ridicule you for this incompetent post.

Onto intelligent discussion. The only real parallel with WoW is something akin to iLvL differences WITHIN THE SAME SET OF INSTANCES. To take from your example, and make it legitimate: Let's say that you have Hour of Twilight. There are three instances in HoT. We compare these to, oh, ACT I..II.. and III of inferno. What if End Time dropped iLvL 333, Well of Eternity dropped iLvL 359, and Hour of Twilight dropped iLvL378 gear. Now, imagine if the only way to beat End Time was to have End Time drops, but the only way to beat Well of Eternity was to have Hour of Twilight drops? Inferno has that problem. Even worse. In this example, imagine if there was random chance that a boss would drop a lvl70 blue, and it happened about 19 out of 20 times. That would piss you off.... wouldn't it?
    "When you build it, you love it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    bowchikabow was referring to the fact that you go into Inferno which is built for level 60 only and you still get gear that a level 50-59 w/e class can use.
    It is to increase the gear pool, so that you will get even fewer good items. It was done in Diablo 2, so don't hate D3 for doing it :P

Even in Act IV Inferno, you're going to get an array of items that will range to below-60 items as well. That's part of the RNG. From what I've read, an Act will randomly drop gear from a range of three Acts (one before, one after), and each of those pieces of gear will range from the low end for that act to the high end. Those level 50 items you're seeing are low end Act IV Hell drops. Seeing as hell Act IV is about level 57-59, that makes it less unbelievable.

P.S. I also noticed you discounting some good items. % attack speed can be pretty damn beneficial.

These items are meant to be incredibly rare. Think of the millions of people playing, and you still don't see the super-rare awesome stuff on the AH very much. The best items in the game may have a 1:1,000,000 drop chance, or even higher, with the random stats on items. The game hasnt been out but a few weeks, you cannot honestly expect to be getting the top tier items in the game at this point. You'd be lucky to just have 1 or 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    I love that the first shoulders was actually better then the ones you were using, but you still sold them :P You should have actually gone through the items instead of bashing on them straight away. You sold a pair of shoulders with more armor, more gold find and free int + healt orb bonus because of your attitude towards the RNG
    No. They were MF shoulders I was wearing the night before while I was farming. I forgot to take them off. My real shoulders were sitting safe in my stash.

Oh no don't get me wrong, I'm far from hating, just arguing a point someone got confused with something else entirely.

However, I just don't agree with the idea that a Difficulty designed and only available upon reaching level 60, will more often drop loot that is sub-level 60 for characters that can't even get into the difficulty. Personally I think it's enough of a kick to the balls that most of the rares you will ever get will likely have nothing or very little good for you.

how was i confused with the remark? yet again going to wow in ZG and ZA you still get level 84 and 83 greens to disenchant where that is a level 85 instance it is on the basis the same thing. it happened in D2 in Nightmare and hell mode its the same thing here it is RNG just because something is max level does not mean it HAS to drop max level items.

if everything was pure max level items you will get a lot of good items and a lot of terrible items BUT with the crafting system in this game if you do not have a max level BS by the time you're level 60 and working on inferno you can easily get the BiS helm crafted with your now easily farmed mats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear need to be as hard to obtain as possible. Diablo is not about beating the game itself, it's about loot, more loot and perfect loot. If the rng wasn't that crazy bad, the game would be over to fast.

(This opposite to WoW were it is all about beating the content, and the loot is just a tool for reaching that goal.)

15+ Year Old Account
    While I agree that a lot of that loot is useless and bad a big part of what Blizzard wants is for people to continue to farm the game. If all the rares that dropped had good stats on them then people would burn out on the game in 3-4 weeks because they already had the best (or close to it) of whats available.

The items are also weighted in a way that they'll favour one thing over another while still being good for the class. For example a Barbarian belt with plenty of resist on it but not as strength, making you choose a few items with mores resist on it to get that and then taking other items with no resist on it to make up for it.

It does somewhat spoil the experience. I've gone through mountains of rares that are just junk, maybe sending a few to alts. Granted I'm not very far in the game either. From reading what Blizzards been posting it seems to be "working as intended" for them. They'll make tweaks I'm sure, but I wouldn't expect a lot of Rare quality items to have super-good stats unless you're lucky.

Is the RMAH mandatory? Serious question, I've done no research on d3 as I didn't really plan on playing it, AP and all that, yada.

Does the gold AH go away once rmah is launched? I see tons upon tons of posts saying it's the reason for the gear acquisition being the way it is, from what little I've read though I thought it was optional.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. They were MF shoulders I was wearing the night before while I was farming. I forgot to take them off. My real shoulders were sitting safe in my stash.
    And they were still better even for MF. Your blue shoulder only had 170 armor and 14% GF The yellows had 176 armor and 17% GF not even count the rest.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Isnt this why items can be salvaged and sold?
    Because most of the times they turn out to be meh?
    Thats kinda the point.
    Pick 4 dice.
    Now imagine that if you roll all sixes you get an amazing item.
    3 sixes and a 5 and its ok.
    Anything else is meh.
    Toss em for 69 times and write down each outcome.
    Now count howmany 4x6 you got and howmany 3x6+1x5.
    Not a whole lot prolly right?
    Thats the idea.
    Items arent special if they are tailored to whatever stats you prefer on the first go.

Imagine using weighted dice in our little experiment causing you to always roll 4 sixes.
    Now sure, that may be funny at the start.
    But then what?
    It becomes dull and within a rather short timeframe you stop careing.

Waiting for the guy that posts the same only getting 20 amazing items to be flamed for hacking.
    Because thats how forums work.