Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Agility is actually Feral's best survival stat, which is why they also do the most damage of the four tanks (lousy cheaters :P).
    It's not so much that, as is it is that all of their gear has dps secondary stats which scale with each other and AP non-linearly.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have problems with your low dps, it might be an idea to post what rotation you are using?
    I think there is room for big improvement there too.
    Are you using Inquistion? And using divine plea on every cd?

I do plenty of damage as a prot pally. You're a tank and you shouldn't be beating your your DPS, though. Could be a rotation issue, imo..

On single targets: Crusader Strike, Judgement, Avenger Shield on procs and Shield of the Rit. on x3 holy power, unless I need a WoG.

Multitargets, Crusader Strike, Judgement, AvengerShield on procs and Inquisition on x3 holy power unless I need a Wog.

16k on Morchock
    25K on Zon'ozz
    17K on Yor'saj
    11K on Hagara (kinda low actually)
    17K on Ultraxion
    13K on Blackhorn (kinda low here too)

Offtank wanted to tank Spine and Madness on that run. but on this other night.....

11k on Spine
    23K on Madness

Had links to WOL but this site won't let me post links for some reason. You can find my logs US-Sentinels - DBM - Javs Logs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    It's not so much that, as is it is that all of their gear has dps secondary stats which scale with each other and AP non-linearly.
    Well, that's an important point too, but our DPS would still be a lot higher than now if the primary stat we gemmed and enchanted for was strength. :P

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Javster View Post
    I do plenty of damage as a prot pally. You're a tank and you shouldn't be beating your your DPS, though. Could be a rotation issue, imo..

On single targets: Crusader Strike, Judgement, Avenger Shield on procs and Shield of the Rit. on x3 holy power, unless I need a WoG.

Multitargets, Crusader Strike, Judgement, AvengerShield on procs and Inquisition on x3 holy power unless I need a Wog.

16k on Morchock
    25K on Zon'ozz
    17K on Yor'saj
    11K on Hagara (kinda low actually)
    17K on Ultraxion
    13K on Blackhorn (kinda low here too)

Offtank wanted to tank Spine and Madness on that run. but on this other night.....

11k on Spine
    23K on Madness

Had links to WOL but this site won't let me post links for some reason. You can find my logs US-Sentinels - DBM - Javs Logs
    I'm not 100% sure about this one, but i think i've read on maintankadin forums that keeping inq up all the time gives a small dps increase.
    In the end, its not important. Only boss I watch my dps on is Morchok, record is 24k dps as tank then (In lfr, not running out in black phase ^^)
    But to reply: I think keeping INQ up is better, certainly if you don't have the buff that increased your SotR crit chance up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules21 View Post
    i disagree i wood say wars have the lowest dps of all tanks ive got all 4 tanks and from exp i wood say in terms of dps it wood go

1.DK
    2.druid
    3.paladin
    4.warrior
    You Sir, just hurt a lot of good players.

Warrior Prot DPS is through the fucking roof (if you don't suck ofcourse). I barely keep up on my protadin on Ultraxion and do 32k dps, in optimal bis prot dps gear (HC off pieces, you can see my gear set in my sig, Lifire) I would do 37-40k. My friend Mailun pulled off 52k and holds #1 on 10m Ultraxion HC.

According to logs:

1. Warr http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ction_Warrior/
    2. Blood http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play..._Death_Knight/
    3. Feral http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...al-Bear_Druid/
    4. Protadin http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ction_Paladin/

Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    I'm not 100% sure about this one, but i think i've read on maintankadin forums that keeping inq up all the time gives a small dps increase.
    In the end, its not important. Only boss I watch my dps on is Morchok, record is 24k dps as tank then (In lfr, not running out in black phase ^^)
    But to reply: I think keeping INQ up is better, certainly if you don't have the buff that increased your SotR crit chance up.
    Inq should be maintained regardless of Prot or Prot DPS goals (unless necessary to be dumped into WoG). I wrote in depth on the first page a strong rotation to maximise DPS but for a quick recap:

Plea> Inq >CS > AS=Judge(judge>if ret 2 set) > SoR (only with Sacred Duty) > Inq > HW = Consec

You do dump HP into SoR though if you have no SDuty up and INQ is already up, you can still crit.
    Last edited by Lifire; 2012-06-01 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vifire View Post
    Warrior Prot DPS is through the fucking roof (if you don't suck ofcourse). I barely keep up on my protadin on Ultraxion and do 32k dps, in optimal bis prot dps gear (HC off pieces, you can see my gear set in my sig, Lifire) I would do 37-40k. My friend Mailun pulled off 52k and holds #1 on 10m Ultraxion HC.
    Prot Warriors have 100% uptime of Shield Block on Ultraxion, so they do double damage with shield slam. They also generate nigh-infinite rage on Ultraxion.
    As well, most Prot Warriors put on some expertise/hit gear for Ultraxion because of the Shield Block 100% uptime thing.
    Care to show logs of a different fight?

If you're interested in an accurate picture of tank dps, look at raidbots. Or anyone class's DPS/HPS really. And be aware whether you're looking at heroic or not, 10 or 25, and the top 100 versus all logs. And look at fight variations too obviously & remember roles (e.g. fire mages always fly in Alys, top performers of any class are likely to fly in Alys & average won't for many classes.. etc).

It's parsing all the data from WoL, so its dataset is solid. Looking at the OP's armory, he'd presumably be interested in normal mode. And remember that (particularly the top 100) normal mode is tainted by heroic mode geared tanks who (for whatever reason) have had to do normal mode fights.

Tanks Top 100 Normal 25: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...efault/#1s0000
    Tanks Top 100 Normal 10: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...efault/#1s0000

In both scenarios, paladins are typically third place & warriors typically stink, with druids & dks being about 10% ahead of pallys. It varies a bit from fight to fight tho - look at Spine H25 and suddenly warriors skyrocket because of the aoe (kite)tanking dps. Druids are fairly consistently ahead tho, with DKs normally just behind them.

That said, all tank dps is pretty garbage.

And if the OP is interested in seeing how he does compared to other toons of his class/spec, he can log a few fights, upload them to worldoflogs, and then check out epeenbot on the same site (epeenbot updates automatically from WoL once a week).

Prot Warriors have 100% uptime of Shield Block on Ultraxion, so they do double damage with shield slam. They also generate nigh-infinite rage on Ultraxion.
    As well, most Prot Warriors put on some expertise/hit gear for Ultraxion because of the Shield Block 100% uptime thing.
    Care to show logs of a different fight?
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ction_Warrior/

Morchock, Blood/Feral/Warr (in that order) are 1-3K dps within each other (42k blood, 39k Warr) where I lie somewhere at 32k

Warlord, Feral/Blood/Warr (1-3k disparity)

Yorsh, Blood/Feral/Warr

Hagara, Feral=Blood/Warr

Warmaster Warr=Blood/Feral

Spine Warr/Paladin/Feral

Madness Blood/Feral

---

1. Just as Shield Block has 100% uptime, DK's have DRW

2. If you don't have Hit & Expertise gear by now there is something significantly wrong with your overly safe and unnecessary approach, plus more threat+tank dps>minor survivability increase as the skill for the first compliments your survivability.

3. Current stage overall Blood DK's are ahead by far except on the odd fights where they are neck to neck with Ferals and Warriors with warriors being second last

4. Paladins are by far the worst for DPS output due to the SacredDuty control & Inq uptime/downtime

I've never really had problems with my prot dps, it's always been higher than the warrior in my group(except for heroic spine because he tanks bloods). I don't feel like prot pallies have weak dps at all at the moment, I'm usually pushing 22k on single target fights and had ranks when I still did heroics on every fight I tanked (Morchok/Ultra/Blackhorn/Spine) except for spine.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 10:32 AM ----------

Here are some of the logs from a raid night a while back.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-phgungqsxh12dr56/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercules21 View Post
    i disagree i wood say wars have the lowest dps of all tanks ive got all 4 tanks and from exp i wood say in terms of dps it wood go

1.DK
    2.druid
    3.paladin
    4.warrior
    Are we playing the same game?