Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

What do you craft to DE into Heavenly Shards?

I've looked through Blacksmithing and it seems that Stormforged legs & shoulders are cheaper to make & de than buying heavenly shards or Maelstroms (for shattering) off the AH/Firelands vendor, but only just.

Has anyone found any other items, with leatherworking, tailoring, jc etc that are worth DE'ing for heavenly Shards?

Justice and honor points.

Having made an absolute fortune from enchanting this xpac, I've suddenly found myself with a lot of Heavenly Shards. People aren't buying the expensive enchants in any sort of volume any more - fewer people are raiding and fewer still are getting upgrades that require enchants. Some guilds will be clearing their banks and handing out previously hoarded enchanting mats like candy.

I wouldn't aim to make a profit out of creating Heavenly Shards so late. If you genuinely need them, or the market for them still exists on your realm, it might be worth buying epics to disenchant into crystals, then use Enchanting to make 2 shards out of those.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Pretty much all blue quality items above item level 325 or so will DE into heavenly shards. There really aren't any patterns that are going to allow you to gain significant profits by making and DE'ing the items in my experience. If your server has a decent economy, shards are probably cheaper than crafting materials since they are so easily available from the JP/honor vendors. If you're looking to farm them, I would just go that route, since, as an enchanter, you'll probably also pick up some free maelstrom crystals while farming JP as well.

1) Buy Wands/Relics with JP/Honor (700 points)
    2) DE to Maelstrom
    3) Maelstrom Shatter
    4) ??????
    5) Profit

Always check the AH beforehand as the price fluxuates; sometimes two Heavenly Shards > Maelstrom, sometimes the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used Stormforged shoulders/legs in patch 4.1 and 4.2 to great effect, hasn't been worth it for me though since 4.3. Ore was too expensive, Maestrom shatter, time it took to actually make and d/e that stuff all combined to not make it worth it anymore. And I'm on business hiatus right now, so I haven't actually checked if it is worth it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    The obsidium chest piece has a %100 heavenly shard DE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arida View Post
    The obsidium chest piece has a %100 heavenly shard DE.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=99540/v...mberjewel-band

incredibly cheap to make and when prices of heavenly shards are up...it becomes very profitable. If you have a miner, enchanter, and jc all on the same server you are definitely in business. Either way the mats are cheap and you easily double if not triple what you spend on the mats.

iLvL 325 rings/necks from JC.