If theres a Diablo villian, where (in heaven) is GOD? (dialbo 3 related)

Hi there, I wasn't sure about posting this here or on the Diablo 3 forums as it might sound like a troll (i'm not btw, it's a simple normal concern that crossed my mind recently).

So here's the thing. For the past Diablo games, we - the humans have helped to mantain the balance and sending Diablo (jokes aside) to hell. But he just keeps coming over and over again. This time he even corrupted some people and I beleive he has somehow possesed one of the archangels. So it got me thinking, why isn't the big good ol boss anywhere in sight? It would be cool to have a big army of the heavens for the final (and this time i HOPE it's for good) fight agains the evil forces, but leaded by someone, an entity of pure light if you want...someone we can call "the supreme leader of all things holly". you know, like the counterpart of all things evil?

Sorry if this sounds trollish, it's not my intention, but i'm really curios about what you think. HAve that idea ever crossed your mind?
    proud participant of the most epic thread ever: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...an-made/page36

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you assume there is/was a god in the first place?

Dieties are more likely NOT to exist, than Do exist..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2012-05-30 at 03:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving to D3 forum, as it is the appropriate one.

^^^^

Look up Anu and Tathamet on the Diablo wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by grothezk View Post
    Hi there, I wasn't sure about posting this here or on the Diablo 3 forums as it might sound like a troll (i'm not btw, it's a simple normal concern that crossed my mind recently).

So here's the thing. For the past Diablo games, we - the humans have helped to mantain the balance and sending Diablo (jokes aside) to hell. But he just keeps coming over and over again. This time he even corrupted some people and I beleive he has somehow possesed one of the archangels. So it got me thinking, why isn't the big good ol boss anywhere in sight? It would be cool to have a big army of the heavens for the final (and this time i HOPE it's for good) fight agains the evil forces, but leaded by someone, an entity of pure light if you want...someone we can call "the supreme leader of all things holly". you know, like the counterpart of all things evil?

Sorry if this sounds trollish, it's not my intention, but i'm really curios about what you think. HAve that idea ever crossed your mind?
    The thing is the universe of Sanctuary is outside of what you would be perceiving within our observable universe, meaning in its entirety that universe is within a different reality.
    So regarding your possible dilemma of how it does not fit with or how you would want to compare it with the concepts of abrahamic religions, you can't and that in essence is the fascinating of the human mind, when you imagine it can be anything you want it to be.

Now having established it, within the Diablo universe, anything that was close to being a god was Anu and as klimon had linked it, you can read up on it there.
    However, there is a bit of another problem while the book of cain while talking about Anu and the forming of Tathamet has no real mention of how pandemonium had been formed or how Trag'oul and the Others fit into the universe.

In the end, when so many crucial things are unknown in a universe of fiction it is really hard to make a discussion at such level.

Now for further clarification, Imperius as the archangel of valor had been the commander of angels that rallied the forces of High Heavens for eons against forces of Burning Hells.
    However, as can be seen from the animated-short of "Wrath" Diablo exploits his "Wrath" and the angel of valor begins its fall culminating in the events of act IV and probably reaching its real conlusion in the 1st or 2nd expansion of D3.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no singular beings of good or evil "anymore". Or were, since Diablo has been dispatched (and was for a moment considered the sole entity of evil) I'd expect the other Lords will eventually make their comeback as well. The only way to make a sole entity of "good" would be to do an Angel like Diablo did himself.

Absolute Good and absolute evil used to exist, but they have both been destroyed and their 'shattered remains' are what the high heavens and the burning hell are composed of.
    So, there is no GOD in the biblical sense but there are still god-like beings. (The nephalem at full strength being one)

There is no "God" in Diablo. The counterparts to the seven Prime Evils are the archangels of the Angiris Council (Tyrael, Imperius, Malthael, Aurius, and Ithereal).

Deleted
    ill link you to this, http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Prime_Evils

read the first section, no "god" as we would think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by grothezk View Post
    why isn't the big good ol boss anywhere in sight?
    Because there's no such thing in the Diablo universe. Check the lore. Angiris Council (5 archangels) rules High Heavens, there's no one "above" them.