Diablo 3: Buy Potion and Dye at Half Price

Do you still worry about the big amount potion fee? Why is the dye so expensive?

Well, let me tell you a method to buy potion and dye at half the price.

Randomly get in a cave of Dahlgur Oasis in Inferno ACT Ⅱ.

Name: Rotting Cellar

Random quest will be triggered when you enter the dungeon. The merchant is blackmailed by Imperial Guards disguised by vipers. Kill all the vipers to save the merchant. Then you can buy potion and dye at half price from the merchant.

You can buy whatever you want. Anyway, I bought 500 potions. And the dye is with great variety and cheap price.

Deleted
    Just before the Spider cave in act1, after the chapel celler WP, there is a dude that does it as well. Im happy about his services :3
    (It's a spawn! Don't expect him to be there every time)

Deleted
    If you want half price potions the way I do it as above is

Act One
    Trailing the Coven (first quest)
    Start Game
    Talk to Leah
    Teleport to Wortham Chapel Cellar
    Exit Cellar, Exit Gate into Wortham Bluffs

If the quest is there he's just across the bridge.

If he's not there, continue onwards until just before the cave you get "checkpoint". Now you can log out, and click resume game, and walk back up the cliff to the spot a lot quicker to spawn him.

It's worth noting sometimes he spawns without mythic potions even in inferno and there are two chest spawn points on the top. By the last time I got him to spawn I'd actually gathered over 5k gold from chests and corpses.

I haven't used the one in Act two myself so not sure which one is quicker but every little helps so last time I bought 500 potions

It may not seem like a big saving but it's 305 per potion rather than 610.

If you buy 500 then previously you'd have spent 305k
    With this merchant you spend 152k.

So if you use a lot of pots... stock up on this guy

Bookmarked for future. Thanks for this little trick.

Nice tips! Always good to have a go to vendor to get a fresh stack of pots.

I noticed this, but bought potions instead, since they're actually useful
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    I noticed this, but bought potions instead, since they're actually useful
    When you get stuck with neon green or yellow boots sometimes you'll see that dyes are by far the most useful thing of all in this game. After all, a neon clownsuit is -100 of your coolness stat.

its vipers disguised like imperial guard btw, not the other way around :> also there are many vendors along each act that sell the stuff half, pretty much each vendor that has a quest and pot tab.

unfortunately they hotfixed it..tried both places several times today and nothing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Konik View Post
    unfortunately they hotfixed it..tried both places several times today and nothing
    ... or just bad RNG?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just do Butcher runs to stock up on Mythic potions. I may use a few during the run, but I'll net 10-20 over the course of the run.

Dyes? Not that important to me.