Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well, your DPS is low, but imho thats not a weapon thing.
    I got a 741 DPS weapon and still end up with 35k DMG since i stack familiar with magic weapon and host a lot of attackspeed.

I use diamand armor, spectral blades, familiar, magic weapon, enegry armor and poison hydra.
    No too much problems in act 1 inferno so far unless elites got speed. having around 25k life 35k DPS and resitances of around 200 each.

But yeah i got to mention that this playstyle affords attention, and once you loose it you might end up dead in parts of a second.

well I'm few quests after skeleton king and I have 25k HP and 25k DPS and using 1-hand + source but also have shield in case I get raped often by specific packs

anyway if there are elites which are naturally very fast + have vortex/mortar/invulnerable or shielding/stun ability (jailor/waller/frozen) it's really hard and I sometimes just leave game to generate different pack if I can't kite and avoid it

frost nova is very useful to get distance from mobs and combined with diamond skin you can kite a bit

i'm thinking of investing most of my money to good shield with lots of int/vital/resist all but got only 600k

currently using this build http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...OYS!aXW!aZaYaZ

Deleted
    I finished Act 1 Inferno with 10k dps, 30k hp and about 200 resist and it was very easy tbh. Just need to play properly and the elites are not a big deal. Act 2 is harder but still ok.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake000 View Post
    I finished Act 1 Inferno with 10k dps, 30k hp and about 200 resist and it was very easy tbh.
    you should be streaming man, I'd love to see how you manage to kill some elite packs..could you please link your build?

10+ Year Old Account
    so much is wrong with everything here.

You need more dps
    You need more resistance

Using poison hydra + blizzard is bad... switch to arcane hydra. Now you don't have to depend on freezes from blizzard, and it is much easier to kite and rape with arcane hydra.
    Using diamond armor is pro, keep that up
    Using storm shield without the rune that protects you from any damage above 35% is wrong... you want to have that rune up fast.
    Enchant weapon is a huuge dps boost and should be on there.

Thats just some fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Using storm shield without the rune that protects you from any damage above 35% is wrong...
    you mean energy armor + force armor

Deleted
    Im clearing act1 without a problem at all , and i got 100ish resistence but 40k damage and 25k life.

I would get magic weapon with venom rune instead of spark.
    Then i would get force armor instead of 40 resist
    And Blur and/or Cannon passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Retbullz View Post
    but 40k damage and 25k life
    you must have great weapon and other gear as well..I have 737 1h/18as/intel + 90-350 source and got 25k only (using magic weapon but not glass cannon)

Force armor is not required, in fact I find it subpar. Instead with my build I use Prismatic armor. I'm in act 3 atm, stats are about : 750-850+ resist, 6.5k armor (using shield), 34k HP, 18k+ DMG.

Offensives I use are Venom Hydra and Blizzard, you could use the Arcane Hydra and Temporal Flux but I didn't find it good. Pretty much basic kiting build, but with the resists and armor I can take up a good amount of beating in Act 2, I use Arcane Orb as well to throw some balls at mobs from distance if needed. Defensives I use are: Teleport with Fracture, Diamond skin and Prismatic Armor. Passives: Illusionist, Blur and Astral Presence.

Don't listen people saying that you need FA, Temporal Flux or anything. Try out a few builds and go for what fits you. Atm it seems I can do everything with this build, invulnerable mobs are pain in the ass but doable.

Steik

im interested in your gear setup could you pm what you have please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run with

Keys:
    Shock Pulse orbs
    Venom Hydras
    Fracture Teleport
    Force Weapon
    Sparkflint
    and Ray of Frost.

Passives:
    Glass Cannon
    Cold Blooded
    Illusionist/Critical Mass

currently at around 50k dmg, 150 in all resistances and 20k hp give or take.

Illusionist is pretty bad to run with if you have very little HP and resistances, it can save your ass against some weaker mobs.

And like some of the others have said, your dps is REALLY low.

Pro tip: Get better gear (Take your pick, eighter you go for the kamikazie build like me, or a more survival'ish type build) by farming higher tiers hell or act 1 Inferno. Once you have the gear you can play with what ever spec you feel comfortable with (Even if in general, you'd want 1-2 defensive CDs).
    Last edited by vian; 2012-06-05 at 02:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    just killed skeleton king on inferno, was struggling with the elites until I changed my build and got lucky getting a decent 1h with my shield.Build is like this, diamond skin(crystal shell) mirror images(mocking demise) hydra(venom) energy armor(prismatic armor) spectral blade(deep cuts) meteor(star pact). passives: arcane dynamo, galvanizing ward,illusionist. spectral blade till 5 stacks of flash of insight then meteor good burst. the clone spamming plus stuns helps significantly with the hydra and meteor the elites I was having issues with are a joke to me now, didn't want to skip anything.