Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How long will Diablo 3 news pop up here? Cmon...

Female Druid T14 has a very bland silhouette; I wish they wouldn't restrain the [female version] shoulder model size so much as they do, female shoulders are always much smaller (relatively) than their male counterparts and it detracts from the silhouette --which should elementary to their designers. Grrr

On a positive note glad to see Diablo III news, I now visit MMO Champ just as much (if not more) for Diablo III updates than I do WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tars View Post
    Every time Boub prewievs druid set on a human model Santa kills Garfield.
    Agreed, go to wowhead look at it on your class of choice. For example this set looks (imo) ok on a tauren but crappy on a human same with every druid set ever.

---------- Post added 2012-05-30 at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Hopefully for a long time. I don't get why people don't just skim over it if they don't wanna read it........I guess complaining is easier then common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously everyone wants the best gear possible as quickly as possible, and us attempting to mediate that through design that takes all factors into account is not always going to be a popular notion.
    So true..

I hope that Boub keeps posting D III news for as long as possible. I like the game and play wow, it's cool to have one site to go for information about both.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    The hunter gear is awesome horns ftw and nice cooking changes.
    Awesome? They're ridiculously-sized. Get disarmed? Jump at the guy, grab his dumb 3-foot helmet horns, and tug. You'll snap his neck!
    The Death Knight and Warlock helmets are worse- those horns jut forward. They're like a one-hit-kill target for neck snappage.

I guess you have a couple of choices when dealing with unwanted D3 news:

1. Skim/Ignore it.
    2. Gouge out your own eyes in protest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingoomieiii View Post
    Awesome? They're ridiculously-sized. Get disarmed? Jump at the guy, grab his dumb 3-foot helmet horns, and tug. You'll snap his neck!
    The Death Knight and Warlock helmets are worse- those horns jut forward. They're like a one-hit-kill target for neck snappage.
    Are you bringing reality into WoW ?
    Cmon, you propably know that there's no such thing as neck snapping in WoW, which is why you post is rather pointless.
    You could as well whine about, what, let's say warlocks could do, if they had stealth.
    They dont, so stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    Hopefully for a long time. I don't get why people don't just skim over it if they don't wanna read it........I guess complaining is easier then common sense.
    The Diablo news is between the WoW news, and being a blue post was mostly used for WoW news so it automatically makes me read it. Dunno if it is with many others. It'll keep getting annoying.

The only thing Diablo and WoW have in common is that they are made by the same developer. But they are still 2 entirely different games, thats like posting Mass Effect news in SW:ToR forum, both made by Bioware but are still entirely different games.

This is why I believe the site should be Blizzard-Champion instead of MMO-Champion. If its only gonna post Blizzard news, then this name may fit a lot better. Whenever there's Diablo news posted, they could just redirect the interested people to DiabloFans. It isn't hard to live up the MMO name in MMO Champion...

Having said that, what couldn't hurt is that they post some Rift and SW:ToR news instead. They are both huge and succesfull MMORPG's, and guess what, they are not made by Blizzard.... crazy isn't it?

Deleted
    When there are not many news on WoW I prefer some updates on other games, no problemo. Also I don't want to bookmark a dozen pages for every game, its good if find everything here. If you aren't interested you dont need to read it, its not like diablo blocks every other game out here. Druid Set looks nice, Hunter set well could be a bit more creative as skulls with horns are bit overused in the decent hunter/Dk sets.

For D3 Questions i just can say that these questions and concern are valid, because I for myself am a bit dismayed how few legendarys are dropping and what quality they have, i mean legendary = low drop chance okay, but legendary = crap, thats a motivation killer, what was the biggest moment in D2? Yeah that golden item drop and you know what it is and that its rather good and can compete with most of the runewords. Now its more like... ah legendary, gotta be crap anyway. Legendarys should be well legendary and some yellow items can be as good, but blues? Bitch please

Oh lawd, that hunter set. Good thing we got transmog.

The only thing Diablo and WoW have in common is that they are made by the same developer. But they are still 2 entirely different games, thats like posting Mass Effect news in SW:ToR forum, both made by Bioware but are still entirely different games.
    Well, it's a website about mmorpg games, and Diablo 3 isn't one.. so.. I am guessing it's an external request. We saw many starcraft 2 news of tournaments when this site was owned by the gaming league thing.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Do they try to make the worst possible thumbnail for the Curse updates? Pico always looks like a drugged out zombie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have both MMO-Champion and DiabloFans on speed dial. right next to each other. I regularly check both websites.

I don't mind the D3 news thing (saying DIABLO3 NEWS: New Patch, DH Nerf QQ, Barbarian Buff QQ) at the top of our news thing, but can we please stop putting Diablo 3 news on our World of Warcraft news? I have never seen a single bit of news for Aion, AOC, SW:TOR, RIFT, TERA, GW2, or whatever on MMO-Champion's front page. I can understand maybe the security blue post, since it kinda applies to ALL things Battle.net related, however.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

On a positive note glad to see Diablo III news, I now visit MMO Champ just as much (if not more) for Diablo III updates than I do WoW.
    Same here; I don't mind the D3 coverage.

This is why I believe the site should be Blizzard-Champion instead of MMO-Champion. If its only gonna post Blizzard news, then this name may fit a lot better. Whenever there's Diablo news posted, they could just redirect the interested people to DiabloFans. It isn't hard to live up the MMO name in MMO Champion...
    MMO-Champion would be a better fit than Blizzard-Champion for this reason, as D3 is a Blizzard game...I agree that MMO-Champion is an unfitting name for a website whose front page is generally limited to wow-related topics. I come here for wow news, so its lack of coverage on other MMOs such as Aion, Rift, SWTOR, Tera, GW2, etc is not generally a big deal for me, although I wouldn't mind more coverage on other mmo's here.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far, none of the T14 looks good to me. I have a feeling Blizzard is going to stop making good looking gear available in game to sell skins on the store. :\

Hunter tier looks oddly familiar. Almost like they took the helm from last tier and made a new helm and shoulders out of it. But there's no way they'd do something that half-assed, is there...?

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    So far, none of the T14 looks good to me. I have a feeling Blizzard is going to stop making good looking gear available in game to sell skins on the store. :\
    Good thing we have transmog... :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the one-line article links for Diablo III, as I regularly visit both websites anyway. I think that MMO-C has been getting a bit crazy lately with posting D3 blue posts (exempting the b.net security article), and I don't see that as being healthy for DiabloFans. Entice people to visit DFans, but don't effectively be feeding on yourself by taking away traffic.

Anyway, I am disappointed with the Cooking Bell. I was rather hoping for something more in the line of Chef's Hat. Still going to get it regardless, but my enthusiasm has decreased a bit.

As an FYI:

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Head enchants are gone.

We decided that putting head enchants on the various faction vendors wasn't working well with our design intent for the factions. There is a lot of max-level quest content in MoP, much of it focused around the reputation with the new factions. I think it's really cool stuff -- worlds away from the old Argent Dawn scourge stone days. :)

In previous expansions, the head enchants on the faction vendors served to force players into that content. You couldn't even choose which reputation to pursue -- you had to pursue the one with your specific head enchant. Our design intent for MoP is to give players options in how to play, and the head enchant design wasn't compatible with that.

Once we decided to no longer offer new head enchants, we made the older ones non-functional or else players would feel like they had to go back to older content or be missing out on power. This way, helmets are just no longer enchantable and you'll have one less required step to get a piece of loot ready to wear.

Shoulder enchants can now be provided by scribes, so those still exist, but they are also not part of the faction reputation system.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2012-05-30 at 07:53 PM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Same here; I don't mind the D3 coverage.

MMO-Champion would be a better fit than Blizzard-Champion for this reason, as D3 is a Blizzard game...I agree that MMO-Champion is an unfitting name for a website whose front page is generally limited to wow-related topics. I come here for wow news, so its lack of coverage on other MMOs such as Aion, Rift, SWTOR, Tera, GW2, etc is not generally a big deal for me, although I wouldn't mind more coverage on other mmo's here.
    I do mind D3 coverage, cause there's a Curse site specializing on Diablo 3 so there is no need for dupe postings. I couldn't care less about Diablo, if I would care I'd go to www.diablofans.com, but alas I care about WoW so I'm visiting mmo-champion.com, and I get flooded with A4 pages about Diablo 3. The link atop the news to new articles on diablofans.com is super fine, no need to re-post the whole thing here.

I play both and I'd still like to see a separation. If I want D3 news, I know where to go and it shouldn't be here.

As far as offset shoulders, I could see it for Hunters. Their BOA is one shoulder, so they've already set the precedent.

those horns tho.. yeesh