View Poll Results: What genre should our imaginary game be?

Voters
42. This poll is closed
  • First Person Shooter

0 0%
  • First Person Action RPG

2 4.76%
  • Real Time Strategy

2 4.76%
  • Survival

9 21.43%
  • Platformer

3 7.14%
  • Role-Playing Game

17 40.48%
  • Puzzle

1 2.38%
  • First/Third Person Shooter

4 9.52%
  • Sidescroller

0 0%
  • Stealth

4 9.52%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    I'm not talking about an overarching story per se, but rather self-contained story-driven events. It could be anything from "Build a throne room made entirely of gold because the king is visiting" to "HOLY FUCKBALLS ITS DRAGONS!". Whilst I enjoy Minecraft, I'd prefer a more goal-oriented game. I mean, imagine a Minecraft game where you're given 24 hours to build defenses before a bazillion zombies/skeletons spawn. Or perhaps you have to build a transport system to move building materials from point A to B in preparation for next weeks "construction" scenario. You'd have to dig tunnels and build bridges for your trains to travel to their destination. It's still a Sandbox game, however you're pointed in a certain direction with certain challenges to overcome.

The benefit of such self-contained story-driven events is that they are essentially endless. This week its dragons. Next week you have to build a castle or a city. The week after that its about Mole people. Better yet, a game like that with a substantial playerbase would allow for a multitude of different events to run simultaneously. If you'd rather focus on building cities and wonders, you choose an event based around that. If you'd rather focus on building castles and keeps and fucking shit up, you choose an event that incorporates that.

Furthermore, each type of event could lead-in to other types. Say that one such event is to build a city. The following event could be to build defenses for such a city without destroying any of the existing structures. Instead of building keeps, you would be barricading roads, for example.

It's still an open-world sandbox, but by creating goals and constraints, you're creating an objective and goal-oriented story to motivate and guide players.
    But what I want shouldn't have castles, kings or dragons. That's the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    FPS is listed twice (together with 3rd person shooter in one entry).
    I know. Someone specifically suggested T/FPS and I rather wanted some more overlap than less. Similar to how FPRPG and RPG are rather similar.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

A well-developed Survival game WITH a high replay value > All.

The market is over-saturated with RPGs and FPS games. I'd like to see a sandbox survival with a strong co-op experience.

i'd love something with group spells, that get stronger the more people help to channel it

Need more survival votes! (Unless we combine the top two. Because Survival RPG is awesome.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    First Person Puzzle Survival Real time strategy Platformer Sandbox MMO!
    You just blew my fucking mind.

Sand box first person rpg. OH WAIT THAT'S SKYRIM. So basically just an improved multiplayer capable Skyrim. AS IN NOT ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Need more survival votes! (Unless we combine the top two. Because Survival RPG is awesome.)
    Only it they tie.

Otherwise, the survival aspect could come through in both setting or mechanics, if people want it.

Voting has ended..
    Last edited by Ynna; 2012-06-01 at 10:47 AM.
    Resurrected Holy Priest