Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    Mists of Pandaria and Guild Wars 2 will put the final nail in the coffin for this great questing game since thats all it is. No hate on the people who enjoy it but its not coming back if it cant keep a strong player base now in between WOW expansions no way in hell will it do well in the coming months.
    this. omg.

When do people finally realize, that WoW doesn't count for every mmo player that is out there. There are people, absolutely new to mmo's who came just to play a game in their favorite universe. When geez. It has a core of players and they won't go anywhere. There are new patches along the way which will only bring more players. And from that, there will only be a slow grow forth more and more players. When GW2 comes out, it will only bring either new players, players who left after GW1 (and I know plenty) and take some amount of players from WoW. This genre is no longer about one silly (nowadays) game. There can and will be more. The population will just spread. And the core-bases will grow. And everyone will live happily ever after. Happyend.

Now I think that's the kind of positivity the OP was asking for, so can we please stop trying to bash the "other" games over and over again ? I mean, isn't it kind of boring by now for you guys ?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Imagine if SWTOR had been released in say a month from now, and all the time that it has been out they instead used to polish the game as much as possible and added the best features that WoW has which a majority of the population enjoy. Hell I know me and my friends would have been playing it, especially now if it was new.

This sums up a lot of things and what I was thinking. One thing people kept saying is "Give it time", a select few are willing to give an mmo time and that audience isn't one to worry about. You need to be able to grab everyone you can and hold them as long as possible. To do that, the moment your MMO comes out it has to have the best features of other mmos already in it. Not having them patched into the game a month after release.
    and if they waited all this time to release the game you would STILL have ppl bitching about all the bugs/pvp imbalance/pve/ EVERYTHING that has plagued this game from the very start.

in the end BW/EA just came to the conclusion that no matter WHEN they released they would STILL have a prob with keeping customers since they KNOW what those customers want and know that even with hall the time in the world they STILL would not satisfy the whole playerbase. the went with what they had and promised to keep the ball rolling as the game progresses and they HAVE done what they said.

WoW. Rift GW EvE and many others have created a GIEF ME NAOW or i UNSUB mob mentality that no matter WHAT game is released there will STILL be those whiners and cryers wanting EVERYTHING without WAITING.

I am now to the point myself where i log, do 2 runs of comp gift missions. alt while i wait log and go live life. yea i to am bored of waiting for grps and Ops with no guild on my server even bothering with recruiting less they have one MOAR mouth to feed loot to. so I am stuck with the daily grind gift missions and alting until something changes to get ppl playing again. i HATE it but know that BW is working on doing more to bring players back into the fold so i wait.................

I am patient i have a life with 3 kids and a job. TOR will be there when i log on and it will be there when i log off, and it will change as i do both so i wait for it to improve which it will. as a few others have stated BW needs to grab one audience and keep IT happy and to hell with all the GIEF ME MOAR NAOW spoiled brats running around on these and other forums/MMOs

Dead game is dead sorry to say. They waited far to long to fix what was broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    Now I think that's the kind of positivity the OP was asking for, so can we please stop trying to bash the "other" games over and over again ? I mean, isn't it kind of boring by now for you guys ?
    no they will never stop bashing on game or another because its all they are here to do. they have no interest in the game except to bash and smash it until they have their troll fix for the day and go back into their caves.
    BUT as for the rest of us we know that TOR has a future albeit a small 1 but a future nonetheless, we just need to keep pushing past the trolls and keep on walking

Quote Originally Posted by Blightarrow View Post
    see what i mean they keep on coming no matter what. they are the endless plague of zombies that will try to consume the earth only to die from a bullet in the head. W

WE NEED MOAR AMMO NAOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    KOTOR 2 wasn't praised much, it was a lackluster game
    -STRONGLY- Disagree with that point. I loved KoTOR II as a game. It was definitely a PITA that so much content had to be cut from the game, but I played through a mod with various bits and pieces of the missing plot restored. The Story in KoTOR II is absolutely fantastic with the Restored Content mod. I'd argue it's the best plot in a Star Wars game to date, but then I loved the Imperial Agent story in SWTOR more. I'll settle for second best then.

But fuck that, I adored KoTOR II. The game had so much potential; I'd love to see a re-release with all the content restored.

Swtor died because it was bad, it just took some people a long time to relize it because they where tired of wow, thatr is the truth.

Post constructively please. -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-05-31 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blightarrow View Post
    They only needed 1 thing and that was an LFD/LFR tool. They had so many people in that game at launch that making groups for like a month or two at any level was cake, even while sitting in the fleet - we are talking a few minutes here. Then, no one was around (on my server at least) and making a group took an hour... okay an hour isn't so bad. Then, did I say no one was around - HOLY SHIT - now really no one is around and i could spend 3 hours in fleet trying to make a group and nada. Even when they release the tool in 1.3 or whenever it is too late. The people that wanted to play and couldn't because a lack of people will not come back to do some old dungeons from months ago cause..."NOW WE HAVE THE LFD TOOL INGAME! COMEZ BACK AND PLAYZ!" nah, i don't think gamers have much patience for multi-billion dollar companies that don't know what the fuuuuck they are doing. there is no way even remotely imaginable you can be at the center of the room knocked into the whelps cave!

so can we please stop trying to bash the "other" games over and over again ?
    This genre is no longer about one silly (nowadays) game.
    Okay.

On topic, I think that Bioware has a chance to cause SWTOR to bounce back, but they'd better put a whole lot of work fixing all of its problems in the coming patches.

Its never nice to see but they sacked 200 or so employees, which was nearly half the swtor team, only a miracle can turn this around.

Deleted
    This game could still survive if it became a "buy the box" MMO.

As a single player game, I can't fault it. but it's not really an MMO. They could save it by giving people a cosmetic items shop.

SWTOR is too good for a F2P game, but not worth a sub fee.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Its never nice to see but they sacked 200 or so employees, which was nearly half the swtor team, only a miracle can turn this around.
    That number is a complete fabrication. Please stop repeating it.

--

This forum would be better if threads weren't linked on the front page by default. There's a lot of "noise" from people who came here for WOW news and stumbled on a thread about SWTOR by way of the post tracker. This results in a cascade of ignorant drive-by opinions-stated-as-fact from disinterested gamers, and very little actual discussion. Case in point: see above.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

This thread had potential but it has just gone off kilter. Closing.