Orc or panda racial for mop?

Hi there,

I cant see the answer for this so far, but can anyone tell me please which would be the best racial (pve wise) between an Orc hunter or a Panda hunter.
    This would be considering Survival spec only.

Many thanks.

Orc.
    And the best pet is a Sporebat.

Yes.

Well no one knows yet. Depends on how stat weightings go for agility and that kind of balancing hasn't happened yet on beta.

Well considering they haven't tampered with the secondary stats granted by agility, and that pretty much all of our current proc effects and such are still in place, I don't imagine stat weights will change much if at all.

Also consider that the Pandaren racial is effectively static because the food buff won't change, it will be a set value from the start of the expansion to the end (unless things veer wildly off the historical precedents). However, it double dips with our armor mastery in that the extra agility granted also ups the value of that extra 5% from mail mastery.

The Orc pet damage racial on the other hand, is percentage based and thus scales over time. Though overall, this amount is fairly minimal. The attack power burst cooldown doesn't scale, but is on demand burst, as opposed to a constant buff.

My suspicion is that the Pandaren will actually come out ahead at first, but once gear improves Orcs will pull ahead or they'll end up roughly even. Honestly, they're going to be so close to begin with that you're probably better of choosing based on if you prefer a constant passive buff combined with on demand burst, or a significantly stronger version of the food buff, which of course requires eating buff food to acquire. I think the Pandarens will be slightly better (at least at first) but the Orcs requires far less maintenance.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Blizzard mentioned that they would be reducing the value of Primary stats(Agi, Int, Str) for all classes, which I hope for really. Gotten tired of this Agility only gemming, Red gems are roughly 4 times the price of other gems.

I'm staying Orc, because if BM comes viable, I can play that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Blizzard mentioned that they would be reducing the value of Primary stats(Agi, Int, Str) for all classes, which I hope for really. Gotten tired of this Agility only gemming, Red gems are roughly 4 times the price of other gems.
    They can do 2 things to solve this:
    1: Remove INT/AGI/STR gems completely..
    2: Make INT/AGI/STR different colors, e.g. red = int, blue = str and yellow = agi.. This would make all pure gems (roughly) worth the same..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post
    Orc.
    And the best pet is a Sporebat.

Yes.
    Orc- yes
    sporebat, uhm hell no...lamest pet evar! even worse than a plainstrider.

But back on topic, I currenly have only a orc hunter(surv hunter), may relvl another one come next expansion, but not sure yet.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

I don't think Malakath got the memo on sporebats. I can't get to youtube from this computer, someone want to link the video for us?
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    Orc- yes
    sporebat, uhm hell no...lamest pet evar! even worse than a plainstrider.

But back on topic, I currenly have only a orc hunter(surv hunter), may relvl another one come next expansion, but not sure yet.
    Sporebat is the best pet for the deepeeess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvvNGeHHME

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Sporebat is the best pet for the deepeeess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvvNGeHHME
    oh I guess I didn't get the annoying joke memo then... Oh now I remember the memo, still a lame ass joke./sarcasm
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    oh I guess I didn't get the annoying joke memo then... Oh now I remember the memo, still a lame ass joke./sarcasm
    So the joke isn't annoying then?

It doesn't matter, you'll do fine regardless. Pick the race you like best, as it's meant to be.

If the UD racial does make it to Live, then I'm guessing it would be best to go UD for SV spec and maybe for all spec.

Undead
    Underwater Breathing has been renamed Touch of the Grave: Your attacks and damaging spells have a chance to drain the target, dealing 13,680 Shadow damage and healing you for the same amount.

I think the new troll/dwarf racial may be beneficial, at least for the rest of cataclysm since there isn't a ton of agi/expertise gear out there.
    Dwarf
    Gun Specialization has been reworked: Expertise with ranged weapons increased by 1%.

Troll
    Bow Specialization has been reworked: Expertise with ranged weapons increased by 1%.