Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Wizard or Witch doctor ?!

Did a monk
    At the light of the new class changes ..
    ..Now need a caster
    Looking for extreme easy mode and if possible frantic burst combat
    Tried a wizard, loved the beams hated the orbs
    wHAT Say you community ?

Deleted
    Having tried both I'd say stick with the Wizard.

Wizard then, if you want burst, wiz or DH are your only 2 choices.

Popping Fetish and Big Bad Voodoo with 5 stacks of Soul harvest makes for some nice burst.

Witch doctor is more unique. Wizard is more practical.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only right choice is Witch Doctor. In all situation.

HUAAA
    HAAOOOO
    WAAAAH

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You die!

WD all the way.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I love my Wizard, but then again I love my Arcane Orb of Outer Space.

15+ Year Old Account
    DH, best range. Getting good dmg out of a wizard by inferno is a real bitch in my experience. Also Wizard survivability compared to other range classes is nothing short of subpar.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Witch Doctor is only half a class atm. Wizard does everything better. Unless there is some particular reason you want to play a WD, i'd say just go wizard.

Having played both, I like the Wizard a bit better overall. They have much better options both on the offense and defense, and their resource regen is very high as a base. You won't get stuck relying on VQ, and won't be reliant on summons which get VERY short-lived as you go on.

Witch Doctors are remarkably squishy once an enemy gets to them, and have much harder times generating good damage. However, they have a LOT more tricks up their sleeves (Mass Confusion is just SO MUCH WIN, as are Hex and BBV). I'd say to go WD if you are grouped up a lot, as they are much better at supporting allies and debuffing enemies with their skills.
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2012-06-03 at 01:05 AM. Reason: dang sticky Shift key

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Having played both, I like the Wizard a bit better overall. They have much better options both on the offense and defense, and their resource regen is very high as a base. You won't get stuck relying on VQ, and won't be reliant on summons which get VERY short-lived as you go on.

Witch Doctors are remarkably squishy once an enemy gets to them, and have much harder times generating good damage. However, they have a LOT more tricks up their sleeves (Mass Confusion is just SO MUCH WIN, as are Hex and BBV). I'd say to go WD if you are grouped up a lot, as they are much better at supporting allies and debuffing enemies with their skills.
    The first person to partially make sense. WD's bring crowd control and possibly passive enemy damage reduction. Wizards only bring damage. I don't see why WD's are squishy, with 36-40% damage reduction by default (2*20% from passives) and so far my Garg keeps up pretty well in Hell, which makes a permanent additional target for mobs to hit.

Other than that, quoted person is quite spot on.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-06-03 at 01:25 AM.

WD have so many tricks. While they don't have the outright damage the wizard does, they have so many slows, cc's and so much aoe and health return capabilities, its simply insane. When pvp hits, witch doctors are getting nerfed. So far my doc has had no real problems besides the standard bad enchantment packs that everyone runs into from time to time. I haven't tried inferno on the doc yet, but I'll hit it sometime this weekend. Don't get me wrong... I love my wizard. I just love my WD more.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Pick a Wizard.

Witch Doctor right now is brutal in Inferno...

Moreso than usual.

The real question is, are you going to play with the sound on

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I find the Wizard very boring compared to the Sorceress.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooga booga WAAAAH

or

Farewell.

Whats wrong with these people ? Witch Doctor weak? half class? dafuq.
    I'm act 3 inferno, did everything solo, and the only thing that i can't kill is a stupid Soul Ripper rare pack(and apparently on forums, everyone dies to this shit.)
    What i don't like is the skills animations, you are not going to see awesome graphics, just pew pew with green darts.

Do both. Why not?