Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    not even a contest

wd does more damage but gets 1shot by everything unless you stack an enormous amount of vit/resist... wiz takes a lot less skill to kite and avoid damage and have shields/armor buffs which allow them to take multiple hits in inferno without dying

biggest problem with wd is mana costs of spells and regen... that and pets die in 1-2 hits on inferno so they're utterly useless

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Having played both, I like the Wizard a bit better overall. They have much better options both on the offense and defense, and their resource regen is very high as a base. You won't get stuck relying on VQ, and won't be reliant on summons which get VERY short-lived as you go on.

Witch Doctors are remarkably squishy once an enemy gets to them, and have much harder times generating good damage. However, they have a LOT more tricks up their sleeves (Mass Confusion is just SO MUCH WIN, as are Hex and BBV). I'd say to go WD if you are grouped up a lot, as they are much better at supporting allies and debuffing enemies with their skills.
    Yes, i was going to add something along these lines. WD shines as a support. BBV is an amazing group buff.

Single target dmg is very good, better than Wiz. But, as soon as you want to do heavy aoe, you have to spec VQ, which means keeping things on CD. Which is very dangerous when you're solo, because you can get caught with no outs easily. The first time Spirit Vessel procs, the second time you die.

Mass confusion and fear dont work on bosses. Your survival comes from Spirit Walk and pots. Soul Harvest Siphon heals very little on one target. Spirit Walk Healing Journey heals 15% over 2 secs, but, you give up a main source of mana regen.

I think if they can rework mana a little bit, and do something to make pets appealing and less of a burden, the class will really come together.