Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    easiest option is gear.

i play a DH in act 2, 26k hp 250-300 resists, i can sometimes....sometimes survive 1 hit, but i have 62k dps and 120k+ with SS up, the dps helps more than anything....if u can obliterate mobs in seconds its better than trying to survive 3 hits, because mobs hp scales really fast from a1-a2-a3 with some elites having 4million hp in act 3 with just 2 ppl, so u need crazy damage to beat the berserk timer, and yeh they 1 shot ...so basically just keep goin keep farming gold and increase your dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digger66 View Post
    First your wrong about smokescreen, it chased me whereever i went even changing diredctions. Second I said keep your stupid RNG commenst out. What part about I get that dont you understand. An about my stuff not dropping I get that too but it's "upgrades dropping" that is the problem. killing warden butcher and getting two handed crossbows with 211 dps on inferno with 5 stacks is slightly retarded. I am wearing level 45 pants. I decided I wasn't buying anyting from ah to replce since I am farming Act 1 with my MF gear on except for Butcher then i try to pop it on at the last second. guess what? NADA.

This wasnt a whining thread or a bitching thread. I said that. I love the game Hell I even love the grind. I am teh WoW dailies king. My point was and is about some ridiculous observations that I made about the step into ACTII.

I run about 30k, depending on MF gear.
    Just because you ask for no comments about RNG dose not mean I am not allowed to express my opinion on the matter. It is not you (even though you are the OP) who dictates the rules in this thread.

It is a FACT that what gear drops is based on RNG. If it have alot of +damage and +%damage is ALSO based on RNG. If it have your desired stats, it is ALSO based on RNG.
    You can not whinne about not getting the gear you want and dictate that noone is allowed to mention RNG. Than you have either no understanding what so ever what RNG is or no idea how lootdroping works in Diablo. This is not wow where one boss drop specific items. Exceptions might be for some legendaries and set items though. For instance there is a hamburger-dagger that only drops in Whimsyshire. Every boss can drop any type of rare weapon/armor that correspond to the difficulty (normal butcher can not drop a lvl 60 item) with any type of stats on with quite huge variety of values on each stat.
    If you get a Bow with 1k dps and 250 dexterity on or if you get a dagger with 100 dps and 10 strength is ALL ABOUT RNG.

Edit
    Just because you say it is not a QQ thread/post dosen't make it a non-QQ thread/post. Alta87 pointed out quite much QQ in your post.
    Last edited by mmoc410448ef5d; 2012-05-31 at 01:15 PM.

Wait did a Demon Hunter seriously complain that Act II is hard? Try it as a monk/barb not using a shield then come back and make a new post.

Yeah I'm a barb on act 2 and it's somewhat ridiculous, the mechanics of inferno, are sad to say, terrible. That being said my enchantress does alright, she has some useful skills and manages to survive longer than the templar. But the worst problem with inferno is that it is not at all about skill, it's about gear and perserverance and class as well. Blizzard failed quite hard in that regard, but the game is still great despite its many flaws and all the people whining and calling it terrible are quite slow in some regards I've noticed.

Deleted
    I played a demonhunter until act3, and my advice is to roll another class until the blizzard (the mindless fucks) decide where to go with the class. Either they want us to stack defensive stats aswell, or they don't. If not they will still have people abusing the sharpshooter with traps, which should be perfectly fine, i mean if defensive stats are useless u have no choice but to go full offense. Currently its useless stacking defensive stats. Just dont do it. Settle with being 1 hitted, and use smokescreen lingering with preparation with the overtime gain rune, and aim to kill people FAST.

oh well my monk just dinged 60 so

Deleted
    Act 2 is horrible for DHs and still doesn't drop the good stuff, that's in Act 3/4.

In addition to the Lizards I also didn't quite appreciate those jumping monkies because they go right on you and not at the same time so GL avoiding 4 of the jumps at different times and those grenades .

Anyway I get everything from the AH too, if you have the damage (say 30-35k no Sharpshooter) then just skip into Act 3, it's not even really harder for a DH. Oneshot is still oneshot, no matter if the hit was for 50k or 100k and the mobs have a bit more HP, that's that.

As for the Templar, stack him in vit/str heavy items and make sure he's 60 then he can take a hit or two.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2012-05-31 at 01:58 PM.

I have a DH hunter that I have cleared Act 2 Inferno with. A few thoughts.

Yes the burrowing, invisible, jumping from outside your screen to give you surprise but sex mobs are terrible, but they're doable once you know they are there. Smokescreen works wonders. It's not meant to "get you out of combat" it's meant to be more of a "Oh shit that came outa no where, give me half a sec to to shoot at it first."

I use the templar as a follow, mine has around 40k health decent armor and resist. He can take a few hits before he dies. On Belial he soaks 3-4 of those green orbs before he dies. Best thing? He comes back after a bit without me needing to res him.

If you have a hard time kiting, use Chain Gang it works wonders for kiting. For a DH in inferno it's not "I take a hit, you take a hit, repeat until someone dies" it's more like "you kill it before it touches you"

As your gear scales there is some forgiveness. For example, the little fallen guys don't one shot me anymore, they can 2 shot me but they hardly ever get more than one hit. (Normally if I am running by them)

Quote Originally Posted by Pnyx View Post
    Not to be a bitch or anything, but i notice you always spell "the" wrong...
    Not that i don't make mistakes myself.
    Yes most general I do. mt spellcheck won't even flag it anymore.

How the hell are people getting 60k dps in time for act 2? I cleared act 1 with around 20k dps on mine, it now sits on 26k dps with an 880 dps Hellrack (self found), Are you people running around with 1500dps weapons or something? (meaning overgeared for act2?). I haven't actually tried act 2 on my demon hunter yet, but I'm seeing completely insane dps numbers being thrown around, considering my gear doesnt appear that bad.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Wait did a Demon Hunter seriously complain that Act II is hard? Try it as a monk/barb not using a shield then come back and make a new post.
    Well, you try doing it as DH without a bow!... What kind of comment is that anyways?

Gearing for a bit more resi (around 200-300) and hp (35k+) in my case really helped in combination with Shadow Power+Gloom. With that combo it's possible to just tank mobs for about 18 seconds in act 2 and if your dps is high enough you should be able to kill those rare packs that you can't kite. (Dune trashers, invis naga's or mortar/fast/jailer combo's).

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    Just because you ask for no comments about RNG dose not mean I am not allowed to express my opinion on the matter. It is not you (even though you are the OP) who dictates the rules in this thread.

It is a FACT that what gear drops is based on RNG. If it have alot of +damage and +%damage is ALSO based on RNG. If it have your desired stats, it is ALSO based on RNG.
    You can not whinne about not getting the gear you want and dictate that noone is allowed to mention RNG. Than you have either no understanding what so ever what RNG is or no idea how lootdroping works in Diablo. This is not wow where one boss drop specific items. Exceptions might be for some legendaries and set items though. For instance there is a hamburger-dagger that only drops in Whimsyshire. Every boss can drop any type of rare weapon/armor that correspond to the difficulty (normal butcher can not drop a lvl 60 item) with any type of stats on with quite huge variety of values on each stat.
    If you get a Bow with 1k dps and 250 dexterity on or if you get a dagger with 100 dps and 10 strength is ALL ABOUT RNG.

Edit
    Just because you say it is not a QQ thread/post dosen't make it a non-QQ thread/post. Alta87 pointed out quite much QQ in your post.
    Once again what part of I GET RNG, do you not understand? And no I do not want something every boss I kill. I do not care about drops FOR ME. It is the fact that nothing drops in ACTI for ACTII that will upgrade me, or any toon I am on.

And as far as calling my post QQ like ALTA pointed out, I'm pointing out my observations in a sarcastic manner. Not QQing about it although no matter what you right someone is going to be antagonistic. I wanted to express sarcastically that playing solo and giving me a follower who can't stay alive long enough to pop there CC or their life saving taunt is ridiculous.

If i pointed out that crit dmg scaling so much higher for DH than their own main stat DEX like "why the fuck does a secondary stat scale so much better than my main priority stat? Is that QQ?

Of course your entitled to your opinion. But taking an uppity snotty attitude towards someone while expressing one's opinion is unnecessary, and you would not do it with someone face to face.

Saying no RNG comments is just that. I do not want someone explaining over and over again what I and everyone else already understands. Random stat generator is just that. Random loot, random elites blah blah blah.

I welcome opinions and yes even yours beleive it or not, you were trying to help with SS comments and it's much appreciated. But you just couldn't resist taking a jab as well, so I reminded you I understood rng , and yet here you come again with "I can say what I want rng is rng". What is the point? I know. Thanks for bringing it up yet again pointlessly for us all to know. I will still say that ACTI not dropping shit for ACTII regardless of RNG is retarded.

But all in all thank you for taking the time to post to my "qq" thread

---------- Post added 2012-05-31 at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Poshadin View Post
    I have a DH hunter that I have cleared Act 2 Inferno with. A few thoughts.

Yes the burrowing, invisible, jumping from outside your screen to give you surprise but sex mobs are terrible, but they're doable once you know they are there. Smokescreen works wonders. It's not meant to "get you out of combat" it's meant to be more of a "Oh shit that came outa no where, give me half a sec to to shoot at it first."

I use the templar as a follow, mine has around 40k health decent armor and resist. He can take a few hits before he dies. On Belial he soaks 3-4 of those green orbs before he dies. Best thing? He comes back after a bit without me needing to res him.

If you have a hard time kiting, use Chain Gang it works wonders for kiting. For a DH in inferno it's not "I take a hit, you take a hit, repeat until someone dies" it's more like "you kill it before it touches you"

As your gear scales there is some forgiveness. For example, the little fallen guys don't one shot me anymore, they can 2 shot me but they hardly ever get more than one hit. (Normally if I am running by them)

I think the problem I have is my slows get them to my speed then they jump vanish or burrow and I cant even dmg them. Like the lizards. How do I dps something that won't come out of the ground till I am in range.
    I did try entangling but am having better luck with with shadow power gloom and caltrops with hungering and tentacles. Does getting cold dmg hon teh bow help that much? It is suppose to slow too and I was wondering how effective it is.

---------- Post added 2012-05-31 at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    easiest option is gear.

i play a DH in act 2, 26k hp 250-300 resists, i can sometimes....sometimes survive 1 hit, but i have 62k dps and 120k+ with SS up, the dps helps more than anything....if u can obliterate mobs in seconds its better than trying to survive 3 hits, because mobs hp scales really fast from a1-a2-a3 with some elites having 4million hp in act 3 with just 2 ppl, so u need crazy damage to beat the berserk timer, and yeh they 1 shot ...so basically just keep goin keep farming gold and increase your dps.
    Would you please let me know your items and stats that got you to 62k---120k. I have bought my way to 24k --49k. Did you get a few good drops or get lucky with a shit ton of gold? I just cant come up with teh gold for a plus 1000 weapon. I did miss out on a cheap 960 with good stats to the " item already sold boss".

Deleted
    Of course it's based around the AH, it's so Blizzard can make more money with their none existant RMAH.