bizzare but could possibly be fun game genre mixes.

Has anyone else thought up some crazy game genre mixes that sound strange but could be fun? I'll go first and say:

Turn-based first-person shooter (TBFPS) - Imagine a FPS with an energy or fatigue bar where each step you take and action you perform uses up a certain amount of energy depending on your class, once all your energy is depleted or you pass then it's the next players turn.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    Has anyone else thought up some crazy game genre mixes that sound strange but could be fun? I'll go first and say:

Turn-based first-person shooter (TBFPS) - Imagine a FPS with an energy or fatigue bar where each step you take and action you perform uses up a certain amount of energy depending on your class, once all your energy is depleted or you pass then it's the next players turn.
    and how would the first person part fit into that? standing still taking 5 min to aim and make a guaranteed headshot?

10+ Year Old Account

They are more 3rd person shooters, but Valkyria Chronicles and Future Tactics are both turn based RPGs that use elements of your ideas such as needing to aim in first person mode to reflect the amount of damage you do to an enemy and Valkyria using a energy bar to determine your movement on the battlefield.

What I want to play and I am sure they do exist and I am just not remembering them or have never played one is a text based turn based RPG.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2012-05-31 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pzijderv View Post
    and how would the first person part fit into that? standing still taking 5 min to aim and make a guaranteed headshot?
    you would move around like any other FPS but as you move around your energy gets depleted, shooting would also use energy.

you would move around like any other FPS but as you move around your energy gets depleted, shooting would also use energy.
    So... Worms but in first person? Could be cool, but could also be hideous, depends on how it would be pulled off.