Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujje View Post
    So if i get stuck in traffic during rush hours then im entitled to get my money back?
    Ofc not. The person who sold you the car isn't responsible for the traffic. He is however responsible for the car he sold you and if it doesn't work, you are entitled to a refund. In this case, Blizzard is responsible for both the "car" and the "traffic." Simple as.

On the story itself, I'm extremely pleased about this. Not because I want bad things happen to Blizzard but it means consumer rights still mean something.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    It takes a awhile before you can tell if a game is basically pointless.
    Then you apparently enjoyed the time before that (besides, any game is "basically pointless", anything in life is basically pointless, so that's a fucking stupid reasoning). Takes a while to tell if a car is bad as well, you're not going to get a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Mujje View Post
    So if i get stuck in traffic during rush hours then im entitled to get my money back?
    If your ISP is the problem no.
    Since problem is on blizzard/product side you have the right to get money back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Then you apparently enjoyed the time before that (besides, any game is "basically pointless", anything in life is basically pointless, so that's a fucking stupid reasoning). Takes a while to tell if a car is bad as well, you're not going to get a refund.
    I don't want a refund. I just wish people cried as loud for Blizz to make the game better as they do to get their money back because they didn't get to lol play immediately like crack addicts getting a fix upon release.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2012-05-31 at 10:55 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Only in North Korea Korea do they take videogames seriously, I want to live there instead

Deleted
    I don't want a refund. I just wish people cried as loud for Blizz to make the game better then they do to get their money back cause they didn't get to lol play immediately like crack addicts getting a fix upon release.
    Except that there are a lot of people who enjoy the game as it is and don't want them to change it, that's your opinion, but that doesn't mean that everyone in the world has to cry for Blizzard to change the game.

Deleted
    I don't see how this is fair. That's like asking for a refund of WoW because the servers are down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    Except that there are a lot of people who enjoy the game as it is and don't want them to change it, that's your opinion, but that doesn't mean that everyone in the world has to cry for Blizzard to change the game.
    Yes there are some people that enjoy being tortured, most people don't. They will have to act on it eventually to milk the rmah cow.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Yes there are some people that enjoy being tortured, most people don't. They will act on it eventually.
    Oh, most people don't enjoy it, any sources for that?

15+ Year Old Account
    If i remember correctly, almost no game places will give a refund on an opened game, and none would give a refund for a game that requires you to register it. Why resell a disk that no one can use since the code has already been claimed? Pointless to bitch about wanting a refund.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just look at WoW subscription numbers after LFR was implemented. Bazinga!

Deleted
    Well seeing as it probably is the law to offer a refund in the first x days after purchase/activation and blizzard apparently has not done that they simply have not obeyed the law. That is bad and they should get some punishment for that and the customers should get what they are rightfully entitled to. This is what I get out of the article.

Now for the question of whether or not those people want a refund for proper reasons? Probably not. I would not be surprised some people want their cash back but want to keep the game. I can tell them right now that's not going to happen. Want a refund? Sure, now you are not able to play diablo 3 anymore

Quote Originally Posted by sdkphoenix View Post
    If i remember correctly, almost no game places will give a refund on an opened game, and none would give a refund for a game that requires you to register it. Why resell a disk that no one can use since the code has already been claimed? Pointless to bitch about wanting a refund.
    Some buyers of the game vented frustration over server shutdowns and asked for refunds, but the company refused to do so, citing sales contract terms, which the FTC says is disadvantageous to consumers.
    That's the point here ... FTC investigates whether the sales contract terms are fair for both sides.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sdkphoenix View Post
    The news that caused this thread to be open disagree with you.
    Also, digital copies.

Good thing. As much as I love the games Blizzard makes their buisness policies are some of the sleasiest out there, good to see them taken down a peg.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    They are entitled to being able to play a game they payed for. It's like buying a car that breaks down as soon as you drive it 5 miles down the road.
    More like, yelling at the dealership because there's rush hour traffic and you can't get anywhere quickly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya, Jesus, he speaks to me. Proof on the interwebz, I lol'd ty.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Harmloos View Post
    Well seeing as it probably is the law to offer a refund in the first x days after purchase/activation and blizzard apparently has not done that they simply have not obeyed the law. That is bad and they should get some punishment for that and the customers should get what they are rightfully entitled to. This is what I get out of the article.
    The law can only be applied if the item hasn't been touched (if it hasn't been activated, that is).

Deleted
    'real-time role-playing game Diablo 3' Interesting way to phrase it...

Where does it say the office was raided?
    Cake!