Deleted

Blizzard restoring gear to hacked toons in D3 aswell?

Right so, due to my own stupidity I dis-attached my authenticator while ago so that a friend o' mine's could play wow on my toons whenever he felt like it, got a 1.1k dps bow drop last night, put it on the ah for 2.5 million, (it sold), logged back in 14 hours later as I got home from work only to notice I was hacked, all my resistance gear from my wizard gone aswell, /sigh at not being able to progress through act 3 atm, but was just wondering if to other people that were hacked in a similiar way (gear + gold missing), did you get your stuff restored?
    As I've spent over 130 hours gearing my two toons up (DH + Wizard), I sort-of figured that if they ain't restorin' stuff in d3, I could just reroll again ><

---------- Post added 2012-05-31 at 12:08 PM ----------

Sorry, this thread is useless, found out that blizzard can and will rollback your account TWICE, gotta keep myself secured from now on :3, only 1 mistake to go till I'd have to buy a new account just for the rmah :<

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    Right so, due to my own stupidity I dis-attached my authenticator while ago so that a friend o' mine's could play wow on my toons whenever he felt like it, got a 1.1k dps bow drop last night, put it on the ah for 2.5 million, (it sold), logged back in 14 hours later as I got home from work only to notice I was hacked, all my resistance gear from my wizard gone aswell, /sigh at not being able to progress through act 3 atm, but was just wondering if to other people that were hacked in a similiar way (gear + gold missing), did you get your stuff restored?
    As I've spent over 130 hours gearing my two toons up (DH + Wizard), I sort-of figured that if they ain't restorin' stuff in d3, I could just reroll again ><

---------- Post added 2012-05-31 at 12:08 PM ----------

Sorry, this thread is useless, found out that blizzard can and will rollback your account TWICE, gotta keep myself secured from now on :3, only 1 mistake to go till I'd have to buy a new account just for the rmah :<

While I don't support account sharing, you don't need to remove your authenticator for your friend to use your account.

If you're using the mobile authenticator.

On open the authenticator and hit settings (Menu), click setup, then click continue.

you will see a Serial number and a restore code. Copy those down.

Your friend installs the authenticator, goes to the settings, clicks on restore and performs a restore using the restore code and your serial key.

I have my restore code info printed out and also on a usb key as a screenshot, just in case.

So, your thread is not useless.

Sharing account and complaining about getting hacked. Lolz.

They roll back the account, so hopefully you don't learn a 2.5 million gold lesson here.

Account sharing is bad mmkay?

Man you guys are rude who cares if he lets his friends play his wow toons I let my friends play mine all the time

And yeah man a buddy of mine got hacked and blizzard did a roll back for him but they said they'll only do it twice

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonster View Post
    Man you guys are rude who cares if he lets his friends play his wow toons I let my friends play mine all the time

And yeah man a buddy of mine got hacked and blizzard did a roll back for him but they said they'll only do it twice
    Well, it's against the TOS and opens you up to more security issues. You have no idea if your friend has a keylogger on his PC or not, so you let him borrow your account and get hacked, then come here and complain. Seen it happen, oh wait, it just did. He took authenticator off, shared account, then is complaining about getting hacked. Unnecessary forum clutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Well, it's against the TOS and opens you up to more security issues. You have no idea if your friend has a keylogger on his PC or not, so you let him borrow your account and get hacked, then come here and complain. Seen it happen, oh wait, it just did. He took authenticator off, shared account, then is complaining about getting hacked. Unnecessary forum clutter.
    So if someone has a problem and you deem it stupid it has no place on these boards?

I didnt know you ran this place with your 916 post count

He was genuinely concerned about his account and all of you just bashed him telling him its his fault

You dont think he knows that he clearly states he knows it

You just telling him hes dumb for it is not constructive and has even LESS of a place on these boards

Grow up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonster View Post
    So if someone has a problem and you deem it stupid it has no place on these boards?

I didnt know you ran this place with your 916 post count

He was genuinely concerned about his account and all of you just bashed him telling him its his fault

You dont think he knows that he clearly states he knows it

You just telling him hes dumb for it is not constructive and has even LESS of a place on these boards

Grow up.
    Thing is, it's the same as people requesting sites for private servers and all that, it's clearly against the ToS and anything against that is in general forbidden on these forums. Also only one out of line was Dreamlore in the first response, and you.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Thing is, it's the same as people requesting sites for private servers and all that, it's clearly against the ToS and anything against that is in general forbidden on these forums. Also only one out of line was Dreamlore in the first response, and you.
    yeah.. 1 person gave a flat out rude response and 2 other gave snark sarcastic remarks anyone can see were meant to be rude.

And no man I get it, I know its against the TOS, but I'm sure he knows that why not actually answer his question when I'm sur emost knew the answer, Instead of saying LOL U SHARE COUNTZ