Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by winvest View Post
    StarForge offers singleplayer and multiplayer as well. You will have all those questions answered if that foolish moderator wouldn't delete and edit my text all the time. This supposed to be liberal discussion board.
    Your text was one wall of text shitting on gaming corporations. Great Job. Honestly, nobody read it.

I would be grateful if you or a moderator would edit the OP with some points:

- Game is in PRE-ALPHA-version
    - Only singleplayer available for now
    - Download-Link in the Youtube-Description
    - You can find the controls via ESC

etc.

Cant get to a DL link, boooo
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Winvest, you are one stubborn M.F.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Cant get to a DL link, boooo
    Use one of these
    Direct download: http://108.163.204.186/StarForge_V0.1.zip
    Direct download2: http://184.154.132.34/StarForge_V0.1.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Winvest, you are one stubborn M.F.

Use one of these
    Direct download: http://108.163.204.186/StarForge_V0.1.zip
    Direct download2: http://184.154.132.34/StarForge_V0.1.zip
    TY TY *bow bow*
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

This supposed to be liberal discussion board.
    no it's not.
    Game looks ok.
    also nice 10 posts that are mostly non-sense in order to post links.
    I would work on the game logo, can't tell what the hell it's supposed to say. trying way too hard to make it look all fancy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    The last thing we need is a wall of text bashing gaming corporations and other conspiracies. It's just going to start a flamewar. (Which is against the rules, and you should read the rules before posting)
    Are you telling me you personally find the fact that for example Robert Kotick, CEO of ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC. is not destroying and hurting game industry in terms of its quality, innovations and game content? By all means and with no offense, game industry is degrading in these days and the only reason are biggest producers and companies that don't allow game developers to creat games for fun, but only for potential of profit. If you neglect this and more importantly, if you delete and censor all the statements that complain about how monopolistic structure is hurting game developers, you are only helping them and creating world of humans that are passive and unable to think on their own. Do you really want that? Or are you paid by publisher or producer? Have you ever been a part of desktop game developers team? Have you played desktop games since 1990s? Do you really think you are in the position of judging others?

I know, that you are NOT!

Now, STOP editing my posts and start fighting for freedom of speech, innovation and creativity.

You've had more than enough warnings.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2012-05-31 at 03:40 PM.

I think it's a good idea simply because I like the games types it's combining.

It is was too loose and at an early stage for me to like it fully at this point though, yet it is worth keeping an eye on for beta/final.

And OP - stop trying to bash other games and companies. It makes you look childish and ignorant and in all honesty almost made me NOT want to try the game.

Are you telling me you personally find the fact that for example Robert Kotick, CEO of ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC. is not destroying and hurting game industry in terms of its quality, innovations and game content? By all means and with no offense, game industry is degrading in these days and the only reason are biggest producers and companies that don't allow game developers to creat games for fun, but only for potential of profit. If you neglect this and more importantly, if you delete and censor all the statements that complain about how monopolistic structure is hurting game developers, you are only helping them and creating world of humans that are passive and unable to think on their own. Do you really want that? Or are you paid by publisher or producer? Have you ever been a part of desktop game developers team? Have you played desktop games since 1990s? Do you really think you are in the position of judging others?

I know, that you are NOT!

Now, STOP editing my posts and start fighting for freedom of speech, innovation and creativity.

You've had more than enough warnings.
    those dev's sold the ability to make games for fun when they agreed to a contract.

and its not EA or Activision thats the root of the problem in gaming, its Nintendo that is the root of the problem.

The video has me interested, clearly needs a lot of work though.

I was amused where the video stated it's completely physics driven and "your body reacts to impacts as it would in real life" when it merely shows very basic and buggy ragdoll physics.

There is a lot of potential for this, all depending on the skill and direction the developers take it. I have plenty of ideas of what could be done but I somehow doubt our visions are the same.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just dug a hole straight down through the earth and fell back from the sky straight down the hole in a cycle of falling ):

Deleted
    I really enjoy playing around with the giant spinners >.< I tried to climb to space, but it's basically impossible, I tend to crash after about 30 min of playing and the climbing is super hard, since you cant "shift" as in minecraft and this results in me falling down from my pillar as soon as the character stumbles or w/e he's doing >.< A strong idea that could be loads of fun if they do it right =P

15+ Year Old Account
    I won't play that, not my type of game. I don't even play Minecraft.

overall... looks good if a bit... unfocused, not bad it just doesn't seem to know where its going.

unless they just want it to be like minecraft with guns and the goal being to build ever extravagant/complex things.

This has a lot of potential. In 2 years it may be something that I'd want to play. In 4-6 years I may have a computer capable of enjoying it. It's good to have things to look forward to.

I'm glad that game developers are looking at Minecraft and trying to recreate and enhance the building and exploration aspects of that game that make it so unique and fun. I hope we see more like this.

This game looks pretty amazing. Kind of like an updated Minecraft mixed with Halo.

This game looks really good, hope they can pull it all off. If it is as good as the videos are then i will love this game.

Article about it.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...e/#more-149003

Here is the new trailer for it

"one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3