Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    People whine about anything. I can't think of a single change in the history of WoW that did not cause someone somewhere to whine.
    D3 is the worst I've seen in a long time and I remember the out rage over horde getting paladins. D3 "whine" blows that out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    The first part answers the second part IMO. When you understand why d3 isn't anywhere close to excellent (especially given Blizzards usual standards) then you'll understand why people are "whining".
    I am a 27 year old gamer who has been playing Blizzard titles since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans back when I was 11 or so. I played the hell out of Warcraft 2, Starcraft and Warcraft 3, a bit of D2 and played World of Warcraft from December '04 to October '11. I am quite familiar with Blizzard's usual standards, and Diablo 3 has far exceeded my expectations. The game is incredibly good.

Still waiting for a valid reason to complain about one of the best game releases of 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Its got the best error messages EVER!
    I know, right? They're so good I can't do anything while they persist!

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Yea you are rite, Blizzard does not care. What are you going to do about it? Nothing but whine? Get over it then. If you can't be proactive for yourself and fix such a minor problem like Blizzard games ( get them the fuck off your computer) I really don't care about any of your theories, insight or melodrama about it.
    All I'm seeing is a bunch of band wagon bitching, la de dah... Delete and beat feet.
    I completely agree with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrage View Post
    I am a 27 year old gamer who has been playing Blizzard titles since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans back when I was 11 or so. I played the hell out of Warcraft 2, Starcraft and Warcraft 3, a bit of D2 and played World of Warcraft from December '04 to October '11. I am quite familiar with Blizzard's usual standards, and Diablo 3 has far exceeded my expectations. The game is incredibly good.

Still waiting for a valid reason to complain about one of the best game releases of 2012.
    I'm a 29 year old gamer who's played Blizzard games going back to Rock n Roll racing on my Super Nintendo with buddies. I still remember the MIDI black sabbath playing in the game as we raced to the finish. Through the years I've played all their titles right up until D3. D3 is the first time I have every actively sought and gained a refund for a Blizzard title. I am quite familiar with Blizzards usual standards and this game is not up to it by any stretch of the imagination. The game is good at best.

I can give you a list of reasons but in the end it won't matter. Your opinion is made up and frankly I don't see the point in trying to explain card tricks to the blind. It's not like they could see it anyway.

many many many people disagree. I'd suggest you head over to the official forums some time. The grievances that people have (almost all legitimate I might add) are piling up fast. If it helps I think the game is "good" but excellent most definitely not. That should be reserved for quality games.
    I suggest you read any official game forums. With all the "legitimate" concerns people are posting you'd think there isn't an enjoyable game left on the whole planet!

I'm a 29 year old gamer who's played Blizzard games going back to Rock n Roll racing on my Super Nintendo with buddies. I still remember the MIDI black sabbath playing in the game as we raced to the finish. Through the years I've played all their titles right up until D3. D3 is the first time I have every actively sought and gained a refund for a Blizzard title. I am quite familiar with Blizzards usual standards and this game is not up to it by any stretch of the imagination. The game is good at best.

I can give you a list of reasons but in the end it won't matter. Your opinion is made up and frankly I don't see the point in trying to explain card tricks to the blind. It's not like they could see it anyway.
    THIS JUST IN! People have different standards! Opinions tend to vary! Bitching on the internet solves absolutely nothing!

Film at 11!
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Your opinion is made up
    How is your opinion not made up? It's the very essence of an opinion, each person makes their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I suggest you read any official game forums. With all the "legitimate" concerns people are posting you'd think there isn't an enjoyable game left on the whole planet!
    Sadly none of them come even remotely close to the toxic pool of rage and anger that the d3 forums have become. People genuinely upset at the product that Blizzard released. Not just that theirs downtime although that certainly does upset people but also over the quality of the game in general. I will say that my friends list of people playing had begun to dwindle from a regular high of 18-20 to 10-12 then slowly down to 3-4. All went back to wow or starcraft. Glad I managed to get a refund of the game.

many many many people disagree. I'd suggest you head over to the official forums some time. The grievances that people have (almost all legitimate I might add) are piling up fast. If it helps I think the game is "good" but excellent most definitely not. That should be reserved for quality games.
    and many many many many many many more people agree. I suggest you realize that forums goers are the minority. Most people are just happy playing the game and have no need to go visit forums to whine.

How is your opinion not made up? It's the very essence of an opinion, each person makes their own.
    I agree. It's the reason I don't see a point in giving him any reason why d3 is not up to the usual Blizzard standards. It will not affect what anyone things in the slightest and is an exercise in futility. Much like farming gear in diablo.

People like to complain loudly and then buy the next Blizzard game. It's a weird cycle, really. Many of the people complaining now will buy the Diablo 3 expansion and then complain then about how much it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    and many many many many many many more people agree. I suggest you realize that forums goers are the minority. Most people are just happy playing the game and have no need to go visit forums to whine.
    Just as many people upset don't post. Fact is you have no idea what peoples general reaction is because not everybody decides to make their opinions known on the internet. Most people could very well just give up and move on without saying a word. I do not expect d3 will have the same longevity as it predecessors.

Sadly none of them come even remotely close to the toxic pool of rage and anger that the d3 forums have become. People genuinely upset at the product that Blizzard released. Not just that theirs downtime although that certainly does upset people but also over the quality of the game in general. I will say that my friends list of people playing had begun to dwindle from a regular high of 18-20 to 10-12 then slowly down to 3-4. All went back to wow or starcraft. Glad I managed to get a refund of the game.
    I suggest you take a look at Bioware Social Network around the time ME3 was released. What D3 is currently seeing is nothing compared to what 5 minutes of inconclusive writing did in that game.

I suggest you take a look at Bioware Social Network around the time ME3 was released. What D3 is currently seeing is nothing compared to what 5 minutes of inconclusive writing did in that game.
    I did and I was around. D3 blows that out of the water to. In fact it's only gotten worse. If you think 5 minutes of ending did bad to that game imagine what error 37 does to d3... Should be fun to hang around the d3 forums. I almost consider keeping my copy of the game for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    (and I still believe they do care, otherwise would they even make the game remotely good?)
    Did they? That's your opinion...

And many many many MANY more will agree. If you know anything about the WoW community (and now they spread into D3 too), you will know there are a small amount of incredibly vocal whining children that has nothing better to do than spew crap and vile all over the official forums. I bet if you add all the posts up, you will have not even 1% of the total users complaining.

But of course...saying that only makes me a "Blizz fanboi" im sure

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is obviously not going to lead to constructive debate.