Deleted

Organic Chemistry - Need help

Hello fellows. I'm not the strongest in chemistry. I do know a lot about money and politics, but apparently my education forces me to have chemistry too.
    Regardless I need some help, so anyone with major chemistry knowledge would be wonderful!

2 questions that are similar.

Both of the questions are mandatory and should be formulated different.

1st: Limit and present Organic Chemistry (focus point, fruit smelling esters)

2nd: Limit and present Organic Chemistry (focus point, benzoic acid)

Now my question is, how do I limit and preset the Organic chemistry around those two subjects? Be very pedagogical on your explanation, because English isn't my first language, which makes chemistry a lot harder!

---------- Post added 2012-05-31 at 07:29 PM ----------

Bump, nobody knows?

Deleted
    No one has replied because your question doesn't make sense. What are you being asked?

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 02:33 PM ----------

If you're being asked about esters and benzoic acid, what exactly about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dickhouse View Post
    No one has replied because your question doesn't make sense. What are you being asked?

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 02:33 PM ----------

If you're being asked about esters and benzoic acid, what exactly about them?
    Just reiterating what this guy said.

I've got a chemistry minor (including organic), but the questions don't make any sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    In general.. with organic chemistry, you focus on the individual structures that drive exactly what it is that the compound does as one of the primary focus for basic ochem. So I guess focus on those? Its a very general question.... and one that largely depends on exactly how your professor presented ochem (I'm guessing that if you're not in a chemistry-related degree but are studying ochem, you're taking a few weeks to do an ochem overview in a gem chem class)
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2012-06-01 at 04:32 PM.

If I'm getting this right, you're supposed to have a presentation or something about two different [compounds? Bindings?] that you've learned in ochem; fruitsmelling esters and benzoic acids. Then you probably should start by explaining a bit about how we divide all organic stuff into different groups depending on the functional group(s), and that esters generic formula is like [insert explanation], and then talk a bit about their properties and how they react to other stuff. same with benzoic acids. Include examples and such.