Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Exhaust View Post
    I still think it should be a mandatory thing for all sub based MMOs to show sub numbers.
    Why? What effect would it have on our lives? To me, most people generally want to see MMO subscription numbers for three reasons:

1) So they can decide if the number of subscriptions is high enough for them to put their time, effort, and money into the game (wouldn't want the game to fail now would we?).

2) If the subscription numbers are low (relatively speaking, of course), they'll be able to spread doomsayer messages about the future of the game.

3) So they can flex their epeen and know they are playing a popular game, thus validating their game choice, which to many MMO players is some kind of lifestyle or second job.

That is really all public subscription numbers do.
    Last edited by thewallofsleep; 2012-06-02 at 12:37 PM.

Overall population is good for a P2P MMO. Around a million is very good looking at the fact that F2P MMOs such as LOTRO and Aion EU have constantly fluctuating populations in the range of 1m to 3m (all of this is a rough estimate, there are no actual numbers but general information gathered through secondary methods, but it's a very good rough estimate) and they also get hit hard by P2P MMO such as SWTOR.

What really matters is that the current running servers should have a strong population in order to carry out all the necessary objects, raiding, PvP and in RIFT's case, rifts and world events. Less servers does not mean the game is dead, it just means more players concentrated in less servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    It's definitely under 1 mil subs
    you have proof of this?

Deleted
    The sub numbers of Rift are between 5 'Those i personally know who play the game'and 7.017 billion. Anyone saying they know are only guessing

My own anecdotal evidence is that my realm is thriving and thats good enough for me.

Logged on this morning:

Population, pretty good.

Deleted
    I am taking my first steps in meridian, the place looks as crowded as SW
    Icewatch for now, and managed another friend to get rift lite, i will be leveling a new toon with him tomorrow, and maybe more from the guild will follow!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Pretty sure the release of D3 didn't lose Rift one third of its subscribers...
    Hell even Skyrim put a dent active players,those are not sub numbers.
    You can play as many mmos or games as you have time for, but not all at the same time:P

But people pay for 3/6 even 12 months plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Hell even Skyrim put a dent active players,those are not sub numbers.
    You can play as many mmos or games as you have time for, but not all at the same time:P

But people pay for 3/6 even 12 months plans.
    The guild im in on threesprings (on Lite atm till next paycheque so can't play on my faeblight toons), most of the players there are 3/6/12 mos subbed. I've never met more long-term subscribers in one guild in any game, WoW/TOR/Aion/EVE inclusive.....though Aion is f2p now and EVE I'm not sure has multi month plans...

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    I "whoed" every region of telara in icewatch, at around 2 a.m server time.
    I would say that close to 150 people on defiant side, is quite good.
    I am not sure, but this number should be without all those in instances, raids and BGs.
    Fascinating