Page 1 of 497
... LastLast

300 Beta Key Giveaway, Upcoming Beta Patch, Beta Class Balance, Blue Posts, DLC Comic

Gold Selling on RMAH Live, Winning at The Crumbling Vault, Official Game Guide Updated With Magic Find, Dual-Wielding and More, Barbarian Budget Video

Mists of Pandaria Beta Key Giveaway
    If you aren't in the Mists of Pandaria Beta yet, or didn't win a key last time, now is your chance! If you entered the last contest, please log in and check your PMs, there are still many beta keys unclaimed. This time around we have a few more keys!

• The giveaway is for 300 x Mists of Pandaria Beta Keys.
    • To enter the giveaway, just reply to this post!
    • Entering more than once is useless and will get you disqualified. There will be no 2nd chance for people posting more than one comment in this thread, you have been warned. (We will also of course check for double accounts, etc)
    • The giveaway will be closed on Monday, July 16th at 11:59 PM EDT (5:59 AM CEST) and winners will be chosen randomly.
    • If you want to talk about the rest of the news post, head over to this topic on the forums!

Upcoming Beta Patch
    It has been a while since we have had a beta patch, but Zarhym hinted at another beta build coming tomorrow or soon after. Cory Stockton jumped in to tease us as well!

Beta Class Balance Analysis
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    GC -- if you dont mind me asking -- what is the armor value for lvl 93 raiding dummies? Theck needs that data for some of his calculations.

I'm not GC, so this isn't official, but the armor number I've gotten from other sources is 24835 for the 93 dummies.
    And yet, you never see Zeherah and GC anywhere at the same time. Coincidence? In any case, the number 24835 is correct.

Weapon modifier scaling is simply more fluid and linear. It benefits from both weapon upgrades and from additional AP as more AP boosts that +WDPS% that gets calculated in our shot coefficients.
    Totally agree that certain classes/specs have scaled slower or faster than others in the past, but we’re not convinced that the only solution is to make everything an equal component of AP and weapon damage percent.

These are just hypothetical numbers, but if you have two shots, one of which does 100% weapon damage + 1700, and one which does 60% Attack Power, both of those shots will stay the same damage both in 463 gear, and gear at the end of the expansion. If you upgrade just your weapon, the 100% weapon damage will be ahead. If you upgrade just your armor, the %AP one will be ahead. We’re fine with the idea that when a new tier of content opens up, and you get a new weapon, Marksmanship (for example) gets slightly more of a boost from that than Survival. But if you upgrade a few pieces of armor first, Survival gets slightly more of a boost. And once you upgrade all of your gear, they’re equal again. If the two didn't reach the same target (which has happened in the past) then there would be a problem.

Essentially, is smart healing based on absolute heath values or on relative health percentage. Further, does smart healing have an inherent 'priority', preferring to heal say, Tanks over healers over DPS?
    The logic for target selection on smart heals is potentially customized for each heal, but the general behavior is that they choose their target(s) based on % health, and prefer players over pets and guardians. The specific example you’re asking about, Glyphed Surging Mist, is slightly tweaked from that in that it only smart heals players, not pets or guardians at all, unless you’re channeling Soothing Mist at them.

Once upon a time there were like two smart heals in the game and now there are probably dozens. We need to eventually sit down and see if they should all use a more consistent system. (It may be fine for some of them to work differently in the name of being different too.)

But I don't need them to be equal when I've cleared all the content, I need them to be equal when I actually getting the gear and I need my abilities to scale.
    If we were talking about a situation where the hunter with the new bow gets a 10% DPS increase and the hunter going for armor had to piece together an entire set of armor to get that 10% DPS increase, then that could be a problem, but it's not nearly that extreme. It's more on par with one spec that prefers haste and gets a haste trinket while the guy who likes crit has to wait a couple more weeks for a crit trinket. We want different specs to favor slightly different types of stats and items, and it's always possible for one player's current collection of gear to favor one spec or another at that moment. We don't see it as an inherent advantage for Marks, and in fact it can be a disadvantage if the weapon drops late in the zone, or has no vendor equivalent.

We can take another look at the damage scaling from just weapon damage in subsequent raid tiers (for all specs) and make sure it feels appropriate to us.

Hunter (Forums)
    When he says 3 Explosive Shots adding to 80k, he's referring to the individual ticks.
    I meant the entire shots, not ticks. Remember that the periodic effect is rolling now, so looking at individual ticks can be misleading when multiple Explosive Shots are chained back to back to back, so we look at entire shots instead.

In regards to the Explosive Shot ticks vs shots, why in the world are we comparing 3 individual shot casts to a single shot? That's just a simple curiousity in order to understand your PoV on the topic Ghostcrawler.
    That was the context. The original (probably hyperbolic) claim, IIRC, was that a Lock and Load proc didn't beat a Chimera Shot.

It's not intended that every attack in the game do equal damage, and as I said before, we think the choice of hunter spec would be pretty lame if all you got was a different icon and name for essentially the same attack. Lock and Load is two free / instant shots, and a Survival hunter tends to fire about three times as many Explosive Shots as a Marks hunter fires Chimera Shots, and the three Lock and Load shots is the burst damage that a Survival hunter would want to use for a kill window in PvP. The comparison seemed reasonable to me.

I've got some concerns about the damage of Arcane Shot versus Cobra Shot. GC has said regarding Holy Radiance and Light of Dawn that it doesn't feel very good for the builder to do more than the spender, and I think this applies here too. I'm in the vendor pvp gear fully gemmed except the meta and my Arcanes are hitting for 15-20k (so we'll say an avg 17.5k for calculating purposes) and my Cobras are hitting for 22-27k (24.5k for calculating). I went ahead and reforged for the raid levels of hit and expertise and then crit, leaving me with 5.36% haste, which brings my Cobras to a 1.9 second cast.
    We agree that Arcane Shot should probably beat a Cobra Shot. It's something we can adjust as we continue to refine hunter numbers.

Also, are you able to elaborate on your previous comments about Dire Beast's tier move and Thrill of the Hunt's redesign? Like are there any thoughts on this that you would be willing to share? Both potential changes actually have pretty substantial impact on the playstyle of the Beast Mastery Hunter, far more than the other two specs.
    This is sort of like the Soul Reaper problem, where giving a hint of something without you guy being able to dive into all the details and trying it out ends up producing more questions than answering anything. However, for the same reason I mentioned Soul Reaper (we didn't want DKs to keep spending effort exploring it when we're potentially going to redesign it), I'll offer a little.

At the moment, Dire Beast is on the same tier as Fervor and Thrill of the Hunt. Thrill of the Hunt has been redesigned to make Arcane or Multi-Shots free. Readiness is no longer a talent and we might try it as a core ability in some form. There is a new talent called Blink Strike with Murder of Crows and Lynx Rush. Blink Strike lets your pet teleport behind a target and cause damage on a 20 sec cooldown, somewhat like the old Warp Stalker ability. We are trying to preserve the idea of Murder of Crows in a format that is more performance friendly (as I said before, creating units is surprisingly tough on the client). Try not to make assumptions about the numbers of any of these until you get a chance to try them.

Monk (Forums)
    I understand and agree with your reasoning but if embers, rage, demonic, runic and holy power decay and, if you stretch the definition a little, combo points do too, why doesn't chi? Is it intended?
    Chi does decay out of combat, or at least it should. It does in our current build.

Paladin (Forums)
    Is the splash heal from Daybreak Holy Shocks intended to not apply mastery?
    Bug. Daybreak splash should apply Illuminated Healing.

Warrior (Forums)
    Can you clarify on what you mean by losing some of the Revenge kit?
    I just meant that "Revenge" makes more sense to hit someone back after they hit you, not Charge in and exact revenge against a creature that has never seen you before. It's a minor point. Kit is important to the game, but fun is too.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Guild Mentor Selection Process
    On the other side, I do trust our Community Managers; and I'm sure these three month MVP candidates will have to go through crazy checks before they get to participate in the program. So I'm not that worried yet, we'll just have to wait and see.
    All applicants for the Guild Mentoring Program will go through an approval process to ensure that they fit all necessary requirements. On top of this, the guild leader and anyone else who receives MVP status through the program will also be checked thoroughly to ensure that their tenure in the program will not cause any problems.

In the end an MVP is all about being a helpful player who generates a positive influence amongst the community and these are just some of the qualities we are looking for in these guilds.

To sum up; it takes a lot more than just a well written email to get into the program, we will ensure every candidate fits the bill for the new status they receive (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Content Difficulty and Consumption Speed
    I would be surprised if she does because it would show a complete lack of realism.
    She can, realistically, feel entitled to a Madness heroic kill. She probably knows the only thing she has to do is being capable of overcoming that encounter, which means she'll have to improve as everyone else.

It's time Blizzard started treating it's customers like adults and telling them that this huge cookie jar is filled with a lot of different flavoured cookies but that due to the fact that tastes differ, and that not everyone has the same amount of time to eat cookies, some will eat more cookies and some cookies won't be to your taste.
    This is kind of a good comparison to what the game offers right now. Some cookies you don't like (there're pve players that don't enjoy pvp, and vice versa), and some will eat more than the rest (World First guilds reaching the end before everyone else). But still, the same jar of cookies to everyone.

The equivalent to what some people are asking here for would be something like having a different jar of cookies that has a label saying "Sorry, this is only for people that are this cool". (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Arena Pass 2012 Rewards - Mount/Title been given yet?
    Just as an update on this for you all: We are now aware of why the pet has not been received by many of you and we will hopefully have the Armored Murloc in your mailbox "Soon™". (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® Charity Auction: Thank You!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Thanks to the overwhelming generosity of the World of Warcraft® community around the world who took part in our recent server-blade charity auction, we’ve raised more than $330,000 USD to benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®.

In October 2011, we announced that a selection of retired World of Warcraft server blades -- hardware that once housed World of Warcraft realms -- would be made available for auction for this great cause, and you responded by opening up your hearts and your guild banks. Thanks again for your support and for helping to make a difference in the lives of children.

Comics - Dark Legacy Comics #346
    Dark Legacy Comics questions everything!

Last edited by chaud; 2012-07-13 at 06:47 AM.

I cant wait for the beta patch. Excited to be able to do more :3

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to try beta! :3

oo beta giveaway!

Beta giveaway!

love to try beta too <3

Probably won't win, but it's worth a shot. Beta key plox!

sup beta key ftw

Deleted
    I would love to get a beta key... please gief

That's remarkable amount of money that will do a lot of good for what are essentially museum pieces.

Zomg beta key. I want to try so bad

Hoping for a beta invite.

DYING for a key! I would love one!

Wouldn't mind a key here

I woud love one!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beta keys?! Oh boy!

Would love to get into the beta to test the new patch when/if it comes, GL to everyone else looking to get the keys. Here is hoping for the best!

Deleted
    Nice more beta keys! I hope I win =)