Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Let's not be unreasonable now. As a barbarian who's been farming Act 1 inferno for quite a long time, I've been forced to buy every last one of my upgrades from the AH. Not because "every drop" wasn't amazing, but because the gear that's dropping isn't even relevant for the stuff I'm killing. It's stuff from 4-5 levels ago. It's gear I couldn't even have cleared Hell in.

Diablo vets know what farming we have to look forward to, but normally we've been separating "meh" gear from amazing gear. In Act 1 inferno, it's a freaking holiday to find something that's even "meh" let alone an upgrade. That's a little backwards. I've got the farming patience of a saint and it's even getting on my nerves a little.
    Exactly. I hate to use WoW as a reference as they're pretty different games but when BC came out I spent nearly a month farming ore to craft BS gear, prospect for gems to gem that gear, farmed heroics and so forth. I spent MONTHS farming materials and gear so I could progress. So I'm not stranger to spending entire weekends in front of my PC in the name of progress.

The thing is that when I was doing that gear farming I was actually seeing stuff I or someone else could use so I could see my character improving. In D3 the only stat that's increasing on my DH is my gold counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Playing a Witch Doctor has been pretty painful so far. Act 1 was pretty easy tbh, but everything after it has been terrible. Because champions are very resistant to CC abilities, around which the WD is built, they can be quite often impossible to kill. They run through a 80% slow like it isn't there at all, and don't even get me started on Mass Confusion, which is pretty useless against them. Some of them are even able to run straight through wall of zombies, which is basically my last line of defence before I get owned. I'm already playing a full cc build (Hex/spirit walk/wall of zombies/horrify/splinter darts/unbreakable grasp) but it just doesn't seem enough. Because of these things, everything past act 1 inferno feels like a job, I often asked myself "Why am I even playing this? I'm having NO fun at all, quite the opposite".

I really cba with the zombie bear build, it feels so tedious and counter intuitive having to basically run into melee like I'm a monk/barbarian and blow large cooldowns even for minor trash just to get vision quest going.
    WD are in a rough place right now. They really needed more time to develop and test the WD out. The abilities are really unique from a design perspective but their lacking in effectiveness and balance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeroyjgibbs View Post
    Exactly. I hate to use WoW as a reference as they're pretty different games but when BC came out I spent nearly a month farming ore to craft BS gear, prospect for gems to gem that gear, farmed heroics and so forth. I spent MONTHS farming materials and gear so I could progress. So I'm not stranger to spending entire weekends in front of my PC in the name of progress.

The thing is that when I was doing that gear farming I was actually seeing stuff I or someone else could use so I could see my character improving. In D3 the only stat that's increasing on my DH is my gold counter.
    Yeah, I agree too. Don't think a whole lot of people would protest as much, if farming was actually about farming gear but really it's just about farming gold. The influx of gear into the AH from the last acts of inferno pushes the prices of the first acts down, so people at the beginning can't get any descent price off whatever they are able to collect. On top of that, act I primarily drops loot that's below 60 and not even relevant to inferno players, so players at that level get even more frustrated. There is also an increasing number of people buying their way into the later acts, paying gold to get a waypoint somewhere in the later acts, which further aggravates the problem.

I'm having fun grinding act one inferno as my barb, looking forward to smashing my face into the wall for A2+

Deleted
    I don't mind the hard champions/elite packs, but why do the normal mobs have to one shot me ? Also, it would be fun to have an incentive to play a multiplayer game, do not make multiplayer games so much harder than solo games.

Deleted
    The game ended after hell for me. I simply don't have the patience or will to farm.
    Inferno is hard because you're constantly undergeared and unable to efficiently farm upgrades. Too much RNG for my taste.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-06-03 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    I do enjoy this game, and Inferno mode, but I wish that Inferno Mode was challenging because of new mechanics which required you to utilize more skills. In its current state everything is just a "gear check." Farming for hundreds of hours does not necessarily =/= challenging, or skill-based.

For example, Belial on Inferno mode is identical to Belial on Normal mode mechanic-wise.

Instead of making the game harder in Inferno mode, they just turned the game into a massive grind fest (at least for non-ranged characters). Perhaps this was to amplify the RMAH?
    This. Exactly.

Inferno can be fun in groups when you need to work together. Having mobs simply hit harder with the same mechanics as Normal isn't hard though.

Deleted
    In my honest opinion I can only say that I really did enjoy clearing inferno. Diablo was fun fight and it was really fun to progress through it and understand the fight better. Some packs in Act 3/4 were too hard but I could always skip them. Overall I'd say I did enjoy inferno, but of course there could be more abilities on inferno to make it a little bit different than other difficulties.

Initially I hated Inferno, I was getting oneshot (even with Ignore pain active) by regular non elite white mobs. And it was frustrating. But it became painfully clear that my issue was gear. barely any resistances, low armor.

After getting some gear by farming its nicer. I still die a lot but now im dying to the actual harder mobs, the elites, champions and bosses.

Running with friends is nice too, because if you come up against something your class is weak against you might have someone in the group that counters that mob easily.

Mortar mobs dont really do a lot against the monk or the barbarian, as 90% of the time there is a minimum range on the mortar, so as long as you are in melee range of it, you dont get nuked by mortars.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    I'm pretty sure pre-nerf brutallus,,m'uru, kiljaeden and heroic lich kind were the fights i found challenging but not fun after the 50th wipe.

But that's just me.
    damn you just won it...challenging YES , fun after the 50th wipe ? no not at all...we play games for FUN guys :P

i don't know about inferno mode , after nightmare i kinda waited for friends but since i rushed normal and nightmare to go quickly as possible o inferno...i kinda lost interest in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't said "fuck, fuck , fuck" in a game in ages. I do find that some groups being impossible to kill to be quite annoying. horde invulnerable minions fast and your a fucking spider.... -.-

I don't have a lot whole of interest in it lately, i guess its fun though when in the mood. I don't like that the naphenloin buff(can't remember how its spelled to tired to google it) goes away when you log to look at the ah, i want to be able to look at it without feeling like i wasted getting my stacks up. o well though. like i enjoy being able to take small breaks by looking at the ah.

its mildly fun for me, i enjoyed the other modes more often with my first toon, because i could do it with just enough deaths that didn't equal getting angry with the game.(like hell, a few deaths but enough where i wanted to hurt the game) just enough difficulty where i had to think more for pulls instead of incredibly ridiculous packs that might as well be un killable since they heal anyways. but i'm fine with how it is, its suppose to be extremely hard, i just wish it was hard in a more creative less face desk way.
    I'd torture a thousand souls just to see her smile.

going to have to say no. the first couple weeks was nothing but old school friends resurfacing after years. friends list had 38 people online at one point, all diablo. now it's just 3 or 4. most of them tried inferno up to act 2 and stopped at the thought of farming millions to advance.

i'm doing well myself and sitting on 80 mil.