Help Bottlneck an IP address on a Belkin N300 Wireless N Router

Was wondering if anyone was familiar with this router or could help me find where in the local settings I could go to gimp the bandwidth of a computer on my wireless network. My roomate torrents fairly often which is fine but when she leaves the appartment and leaves the program running while im trying to do school work or play a game it becomes pretty annoying. Doors are locked so I cant just turn it off. Please and thanks!

http://imgur.com/YiekT

Post image as a thumbnail, or leave it as a link if it's too big! Thanks! ~Uggor
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2012-06-01 at 02:13 AM.

most routers don't have that built in.
    are you wired? can you just turn off the wireless until she gets back?
    have you tried asking her to turn off torrents when she leaves?

QoS (quality of service) is what you should need. Probably under LAN Settings

Yea the routers in my room. I was able to do it with my last router so I just assumed they all had that capability. That's an easy fix when people arent around but I would like to tone it down occasionally when everyones home too.

---------- Post added 2012-05-31 at 05:48 PM ----------

No QoS under LAn settings :[

Tell her to either cap her down/up speeds in her torrent program or unplug the cable.
    Super casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell your roommate straightfoward to limit their upload speed, which is usually what's gimping your internet.

You can turn off the wireless when she's out & use a wired cable if she's not able to do that, ofcourse she won't be seeding if the wireless is off, she can pick a choice :P
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-06-01 at 02:19 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ignit3e View Post
    Was wondering if anyone was familiar with this router or could help me find where in the local settings I could go to gimp the bandwidth of a computer on my wireless network. My roomate torrents fairly often which is fine but when she leaves the appartment and leaves the program running while im trying to do school work or play a game it becomes pretty annoying. Doors are locked so I cant just turn it off. Please and thanks!

http://imgur.com/YiekT

Post image as a thumbnail, or leave it as a link if it's too big! Thanks! ~Uggor
    You're better off using the MAC Address Filtering option to cut off his access altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Under System settings disable Upnp this will make it so client automapping wont happen and prevent torrent clients from using any upstream bandwith. (assuming you don't have the ports manually forwarded)